Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

So are the Feds gonna end up blockading these guys in the buildings they've occupied? They're in a bit more than just some shed, it's a moderately sized grouping of buildings that they're in, and to my understanding the only reason these asshats were able to occupy them is because they were closed on a Sunday.

What happens when they try to reopen tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Wait, are postal services still delivering out there? What's that website for sending literal poo poo to people? I think instead of touching the poop we should be sending them poop.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Nice! They even have the "Bag of Dicks" option if one wanted to fulfill their request for food and ignite their anger over the Gay Agenda!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's apparently spring-loaded too so it'll be all over the floor/in their face when they open it.

Note: I'm not personally advocating mailing poop or gummy dicks to the militia people.

Yeah, as great as it'd be, I'd rather not get a visit from the FBI for suspicion of aiding and abetting seditious folk.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I'm laughing my rear end off imagining how poorly they planned this out.

:10bux: says these guys are incapable of preparing food that isn't freeze-dried or microwaveable. Once they run out of beef jerky, overpriced instant camper food and pails of Jim Bakker Apocalypse Chow they'll be out of options.

I'm also willing to bet they took as much ammo as their pickup axles could handle but didn't bother to bring toilet paper. Go ahead and read Prepper forums, they're obsessed over how many guns and how much ammo they can fit in their bug-out bags but they never think the whole living off the land concept all the way through.

Also, what's with these shitkickers and treating their pocket constitutions like enchanted talismans?

:pwn:

Seriously, does that guy have a tumor on the side of his skull or something? Ship him off to the AUG thread stat.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

To be fair, they went Banker and spent all their money on bullets instead of supplies, which was viable in 1848, however in 2016 there aren't any buffalo for these idiots to shoot.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Bubbacub posted:

Even though they're total shitheads, I at least understand why people want to drive their ATVs around or whatever. But horse people are total loving nuts.

Horses aren't even native wildlife...

:stare:

Goddamn, did the BLM rape his mother or something? How the hell do people get so pissed off at such a relatively benign organization?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Without heating power, and nothing but snow-soaked brush all around, um...

Is anyone else concerned that the Feds may straight up kill these jackasses via exposure if they cut the power. I mean, hey 18 degrees ain't no Stalingrad, but it's cold enough to kill an unprepared person, which every single one of these chucklefuck "prepper"s seems to be.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Cythereal posted:

They can leave at any time. The Feds are making no effort to stop them.

I guess so, I just wonder if they're treating these guys a bit too much like adults instead of the foot-stamping petulant babies that they are.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Because they don't want to give these chucklefucks the martyrdom that they want. As it is, the far right is distancing themselves pretty heavily from these idiots. If the Feds drop the hammer, it's going to be high-octane fuel for further far-right backlashes.

Letting the cold and these idiots solve the problem seems to be the best way to resolve this issue while not inspiring further far-right activity.

Then why even bother turning the power off? Why not just ignore them instead of letting these idiots freeze themselves to death on federal property? I'm not saying kick in the door with the HRT, I'm just saying ignore them and let the rest of the militias disown them for being retarded.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Trust me they aren't going to freeze to death. There ideas of a glorious death are in a hail of gunfire against the evil Government.

When things start to get too cold people will realize this was a dumb idea and leave. People will see these militias aren't strictly trained professional soldiers. They are regular people who got in way too deep. Realizing this it could deter something like this happening in the future because "As soon as things get rough people leave. Maybe we should do something else."

I hope so. I guess I just don't have much faith in the intelligence of these guys considering their past actions, but yeah they don't really seem like the type to willingly suicidally freeze to death.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

There's an interview with Ammon Bundy in Jacobin of all things.
https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/01/ammon-cliven-bundy-bureau-land-management-oregon-standoff-militia-occupation/

quote:

Millions who have never heard of your movement are now watching your actions, and some say you’re a racist. How would you respond to them, and how do you feel about the Black Lives Matter protests and the police reaction to them?

In today’s society if someone doesn’t have the same views as you they consider you racist. That’s just how I see it. I don’t know a lot about the Black Lives Matter movement but I know their initial protest involved lots of looting and violence towards businesses and innocent citizens which I do not agree with. I do agree with them standing up for what they believe in. I just think during their protest they were unorganized and not well-planned.

Pot/kettle, etc.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Peztopiary posted:

NSFW story on Daily Beast about the Grandson who testified to the grand jury. Link was in the GBS thread.

:stonk:

Holy gently caress, add a couple of years to the sentencing.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

No news coverage is complete without Taiwan's hot take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjo0MVIxHg

:allears:

Say what you will about the policies of Chiang Kai-Shek, we supported the correct side in the Chinese Civil War :colbert:

Ammon is their Yeemam :cawg:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Because the federal government owned at all (give or take some homesteaders and indian reservations) prior to statehood, and it was not all gifted to the states upon admission to the union. Quite the opposite, what land the federal government retained, and what land was given to the state was spelled out in the statehood legislation in each case.

Why does the federal government continue to hold a lot of land? Because a lot of it is environmentally valuable and worth preserving. National park system units and national wildlife refuges are, more or less by definition, areas of significant natural or cultural value and we as a nation have decided that we would rather not bulldoze over and log every single last acre of land. In the case of national forests and BLM units, the natural and cultural values are not always as high as the NPS or USFWS lands, however, they are also generally managed in a far more extractive manner. For instance, there are timber sales and associated logging in many (most?) national forests, and mining / petroleum extraction on a lot of BLM land.

States are not capable of administering these lands on their own. In a good fiscal situation they have skeleton staffs in the state units, and as soon as budgets tank state parks are among the first entities on the chopping block.

Contrary to the narrative the Bundys are pushing, the federal government is not excluding the public from these lands. Certainly, they exclude people from converting public lands to their exclusive personal economic use. That is really what the Bundys want. They want it to be theirs, not yours, and they want it for free, because ARE POCKET CONSTITUTION says so. But do you like to camp? Hunt? Fish? Do basically anything outdoors? Federal public lands are there for you. Compare that to the eastern U.S. where if you want to go hunting you often have to pay a private land owner to use their land. That sure doesn't sound like land that is free and available to me. Gov. Jay Hammond of Alaska said it best: federal public lands are locked open, not locked up.

We are one of the few nations in the world that has taken the opportunity to preserve ecosystems intact, at least in the west. That is a good thing.

Why is the federal government trying to acquire more? It basically isn't. There are small scale land purchases to enhance existing units, but the federal government is not really in the business of scooping up large tracts of land at this point.

This is a very good breakdown of how Federal vs State land works, thanks.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Those areas are all beautiful and I've trekked through a few of them, and am far happier letting the Feds own it than some bumblefuck rancher or mining company or whatever.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Gaybee posted:

Send them only President's Choice beverages with "You're welcome -Obama"

We should send them fleeces and hoodies to keep them warm in such frigid weather!

Heres some:

http://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/The-White-House-Presidential-Fleece-Jacket-p/whitehousefleecejacketblack.htm

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

SquadronROE posted:

Or they're cheap replicas. Because the only state the red tip is required is California (I think). http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=21045

You're actually required to have an additional fluorescent band on the trigger guard or grip or whatever now in Cali. Everywhere else though, they're only required for the sale. Afterwards, people generally remove them and a lot of them come with a replacement, black metal one to go on instead.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

sparatuvs posted:

How do they fetishize the military enough to spend time effort and money on a get up like that and some how miss the crucial fitness part of soldiering

HAhahahahahah, physical fitness, that poo poo is HAAAARRRRDD!!!!

Fat airsofters are a beautiful sight.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Soylent Yellow posted:

If there's likely to be any kind of violence over this, the most probable cause is a gunfight over the last can of baked beans.

The Feds are gonna end up moving in there in a month after not seeing or hearing anything for a week and find nothing but half-eaten frozen corpses and one very fat fellow with a bullet in his head and a gun in his hand.

I smell the next SyFy thriller on the way.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

If we let them stay in the Groverhaus, then not removing them by force would be considered murder via neglect.

Realtalk though, the Feds really should barricade all roads in and out of the place, and have a big rear end barbecue upwind of them.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Aww come on, Popular Thug Drink's last avatar was at least funny in a kind of non-sequitur way. This one is just lazy :mad:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Guys you don't understand, ISIS wants to be fought. Therefore we should just ignore them and do whatever they want. If you think we should be doing something to stop them then you're just giving them what they want. Stupid idiot leftists have the same goal as ISIS.

To be fair, they want an unsustainable commitment of US ground forces to pick away at. I doubt they want to have Kurds pushing their poo poo in while Americans untouchably drop bombs on their heads.

Unless you're saying we should drop a JDAM on the Bundy crew in which case :yikes:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

I don't see any of these guys carrying beef jerky or trail mix...

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...st-news_article

The-Mole posted:

You notice in the pictures that they're all wearing pretty light pants and cotton hooded sweatshirts. That's hilariously inappropriate for the winter out there. They must be freezing their asses off. Makes sense that all the top items on their list are cold-weather related. If you're standing in that cold all day you want a major winter coat and about 4k calories a day if you're being at all active.

Don't worry, they all brought their finest airsoft-grade cheap rear end tactical gear to show they're serious and mean business.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Why are they asking for tampons?

They've read the critically(comically) acclaimed(despised) Ghost by John Ringo?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Stealing and defacing government property is certainly a crime, isn't it?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

UV_Catastrophe posted:

I don't know if there are possible legal ramifications, but having armed nutjobs roaming around, freely able to intimidate and harass locals doesn't seem like an ideal situation.

What've you got against the American police?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

lol so this dude is a Reno police officer or something?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Aw man, this douchebag has the same Oakleys as me.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

They need more diversity than just white people :laffo:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

God he is such a whiny petulant baby. I really loathe this dude.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Do you guys think Ritzheimer would be pissed to receive a Koran?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

! Crisis actor just dropped unironically

They deserve the machine gun then, nothing short of it. Mow them down like wheat.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

The will of these people not from Burns really want the FBI to leave Burns, huh, weird.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Holy poo poo they've upgraded themselves to goddamned kidnapping?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Adenoid Dan posted:

I don't understand why a rancher of all people would want to live in an unregulated industrial hellscape.

I'm starting to get the impression that these folk aren't the brightest cowpokes at the ranch.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

Here's the "armored personnel carrier"

I'm gettin hype

Great, now we get to see just how effective these revolutionaries are when their ARs and shotguns plink off the side of an MRAP :unsmigghh:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Man, Martin O'Malley is really reaching for endorsements now, isn't he?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

I'm using the word differently than you are, I think. He SOUNDS like he knows what he's talking about - if you're an idiot.

He uses words wrong but his tone and mannerisms, divorced from the content, are very persuasive. If he were aligned with a less-stupid cause I think he'd be a pretty decent spokesperson for it because he's got this calm pleading thing down

I'd buy a vacuum cleaner from him. This whole revolution business is a bit harder sell though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

RIP Tarp Man, you went out in a gunfight with the cops just like you said you would you crazy bastard.

Thank god they were able to capture a good chunk of the ringleaders though. Are there any estimates on just how many women and children are held hostage staying there?

• Locked thread