Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Anyone who can look at the Bundy situation and try to claim there's no racial double standard in American policing with a straight face is human garbage. White people are given the benefit of the doubt well beyond where they've proven the doubts while black people are lucky if they ever get that benefit at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

size1one posted:

If they are forcibly prevented from the protest they can then claim they really were going to protest for years if it weren't for big government.

And that's a problem why? They're going to make bullshit excuses about why it failed no matter how it ends.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
11 minutes from this

to this

Now that's dedication right there.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Four hours distance is not a big deal for a major trial.

Especially when you're already a couple hours from civilization in the first place.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

Because you're assuming that the men are the only ones with any agency or interest in the movement and that the women are just there to be "used" for PR purposes?

IIRC, they literally admitted they were using the women as bullet shields at the Bundy Ranch incident.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

RuanGacho posted:

When he goes down his arms seem to be crossing his body. They sure aren't up.

I'm not going to speak with authority but if you're a national agency, having 4 different time zones instead of using a universal time marker makes for more clarification/work later.

6 with Hawaii and Alaska, more if you're counting places like Guam and the US Virgin Islands.

Edit: Not disagreeing, just reinforcing the point.

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 29, 2016

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously though, why are they always outside? Its loving cold and there's a whole empty building with beds and poo poo.

I mean, that place looks like a shithole.

A shithole for poo poo people, it's appropriate.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
As a musician, I say the Mormons can make their buildings however ugly they want as long as they make the acoustics as good as the Tabernacle in SLC's.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Where exactly in the constitution does it say the government has the power to cut off a livestream?

I would guess federal regulation of radio wave frequencies under he Communications Act of 1934, which cites the Interstate Commerce clause, to cut off phone service, but that's just me spitballing.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Fionnoula posted:

They're gonna buy all the flags and build a new, better memorial!
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/oregon_standoff_lavoy_finicum.html

Do they sell tarps with the American Flag printed on them? I smell paytriot dollars

Best stealth burn in this article:

quote:

Finicum's death has become a rallying cry for hundreds around the country.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I wonder if the FBI left the "burner" phone too, knowing he'd do stuff on it he wouldn't on the phone they directly gave him.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Goodpancakes posted:

Welp, start the countdown to a domestic terrorism event.

Negative 40 days

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

I'm personally hoping for the two-point conversion of Fiore being both the reason Bundy got arrested and under felony indictment herself for discouraging the yokels' cooperation with our homeboy Mark and his crew. I think she walked a fine line at best between framing the non-cooperation as a "don't listen to him right now, listen to me" and outright telling them to stay there and resist the FBI until she got there with whoever the gently caress in the morning. There's likely something in almost 5 hours of tape that they can use to charge her but the FBI doesn't like to indict unless the odds are massively in their favor.

She could probably argue that they weren't going to back down either way, so she was just trying to steer them away from a violent confrontation.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

That's what Jews call him though. Isn't it?

Christianity is a splinter cult from Judaism.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
David, I hope if they get you pizza it's deep dish and not that thin crust poo poo.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
no, it's ron paul kill your PARENTS, not yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
You know there can be more than one type of messianic Judaism, right?

• Locked thread