Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Send snacks, a microwave, and a generator. Oh also some pipe insulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

ansel autisms posted:

Local, city, county, and state can't respond. Tell OSP who can barely keep police on the road at night to come. Tell Harney County with 6 deputies to come. poo poo, tell Grant County to bring theirs, too! Malheur County can come right on in!

It's nice that you can look at a map and pretend you understand the area and fantasize about the feds staging a raid on a bunch of yeehaws set up in a CCC shack an hour away from a grocery store.

This is a good point, SE (and probably E in general, but there's some actual population netween Pendleton and Baker City) Oregon has been unable to keep an acceptable number of police officers on the road for years now. FBI do what FBI gonna do, but if it involves local LE, there is a very good chance that some unrelated person's call is going to get answered late.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Volkerball posted:

The "resources" are irrelevant. Armed gunman cannot interfere with federal business. That is not a thing you are allowed to do. The importance of the location effects how urgent the situation is, but low importance does not mean there is no situation.

you are so close to understanding

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Oddly enough I've met some fat as hell guys that were active/in the reserves that were in very good physical shape underneath all the fat. The military actually makes exceptions for really fat guys that can still pass certain requirements.

I've met a good number of dudes who were fat but also worked out a lot. Some people just have bodies that won't get low in body fat while other people are very active but also gluttonous.

i also know a couple of ''fat' huge muscle dudes, guess what, they dont look like that

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Astrofig posted:

Man I SO want to mail these inbreds a big package of elephant poo poo but knowing them they'd just use it to trash the building and leave it for the federal workers to clean up.....same with the live roaches and mites I was considering. Any ideas?

Where's that mod who organized the bee drive and also the person who ensured we weren't just unleashing a bunch of bees on some village. (2nd part is optional given current situation.)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

It's going to be hilarious when one guy gets caught behind the FBI barricade because he was trying to stuff one last bag of jerky in his underwear.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

keep your powder dry and your hot pockets hot but not too hot

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Who What Now posted:

As opposed to just leaving them alone which as we can see here did wonders at dealing with them such that they wouldn't escalate the situation.

they literally escalated by getting into their trucks and driving an hour to some abandoned shack in the woods

preppers are pissed at ammon bundy because he advertised this whole thing as a peaceful protest (where the 150+ militia number comes from) then pulled this takeover poo poo at the last minute hoping to get everyone to shrug and say 'well im here anyway' (and still only got like 15 people)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Does that somehow make it not a crime? It's good they aren't being raided, it will be bad if they aren't arrested.

its a crime, but going in WACO TACTICAL STYLE is a PR misstep at this point and the FBI has a bit of institutional knowledge about making this exact mistake

the fact that these guys are so hilariously underprepared probably plays into the FBI's decision making process too, this isnt a platoon of highly trained and supplied ex-soldiers, its a bunch of morons asking for snacks on facebook

e: i see what youre saying but if you want to arrest them right now, thats a raid

the FBI already knows whos there thanks to facebook, media interviews, and the fact that theres like 15 of them, the wheels of justice can afford to turn slowly here

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Dropping Breaching Charges (which, let's be honest, by Federal Law would be recognized as 'Bombs) from airplanes counts as dropping bombs. Nice double standard.

his point was that the bomb was one of the less hosed up parts of that whole situation

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

quite frankly as an oregon taxpayer im on the hook for OSP overtime either way, id rather we let this play out hilarious and slow

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Talmonis posted:

His case, sure. What about the dozens of armed lunatics pointing guns at Federal agents? They're the ones who should have already been arrested.

Yes they should be arrested but crimes don't exist in a vacuum. If we can wait for them to run out of snacks then arrest them quietly one by one that is far better than rolling up in armored cars and kicking off the Waco Memorial Race War. The government is actually being smart for once, yes it sucks that these white idiots are getting treated more gently than OWS/BLM protesters but as someone said earlier:

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah it's a little disturbing how many people are correctly identifying the racial disparity in dealing with peaceful protests and come to the conclusion "i wish the police would treat these white guys as harshly as they treat black guys" instead of "i wish the police would treat black guys as gently as they treat white guys"

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Also we can't raid yet, not before PETA shows up.

http://www.peta.org/blog/vegan-jerky-to-be-hand-delivered-to-oregon-cattle-ranching-militia/ posted:

Vegan Jerky To Be Hand-Delivered to Oregon Cattle-Ranching Militia

The militant cattle ranchers currently occupying Malheur National Wildlife Refuge have appealed for snacks, and PETA is answering the call with a hand-delivered package of vegan jerky that contains more protein than beef does. The PETA staffers, who will bear signs reading, “The End (of Animal Agriculture) Is Nigh: Get Out Now!” are suggesting that militia members learn to raise crops, not cows—allowing the many species of wild animals the refuge was designed to protect to thrive.

“People from all walks of life are increasingly appalled by the idea of slaughtering animals and realize, too, the harmful impact that animal agriculture has on the environment, so it’s time to face facts,” says PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “These ranchers may have a beef with the feds, but their water use and the cattle’s production of methane mean that the world needs them to get out of the beef business.”

As PETA notes, the Worldwatch Institute estimates that animal agriculture is responsible for 51 percent of human-caused greenhouse-gas emissions and the University of Chicago determined that switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering climate change than switching from a standard American car to a hybrid.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Zerilan posted:

If they're waiting on them to "run out of snacks" then maybe they shouldn't be letting people come in and out freely to bring them supplies.

All the supplies in the world won't change the fact that these guys are idiots who not only showed up to a siege unprepared but also managed to piss off everyone else in their tiny community by billing this as a peaceful protest then taking over a government building. This sit in will implode on it's own, the absolute best move the government can make is to just wait it out.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

This is all an attempt to get enough snacks to retire on. So far it hasn't been going to plan.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Could just be that those guys wanted to take over and it's too important to Bundy that this is his baby.

I think you nailed it right here. Ammon Bundy pays lip service to MERICA PATRIOTISM but really he's in it for Ammon Bundy.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Crain posted:

news links

"I am very upset," Puckett told The Oregonian/OregonLive.

His ranch hands have already repaired the fence.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Builder of website about Malheur occupation says '#Pray4ISIS' social media posts were just rants

e:

Fry, who has also made a website supporting the standoff, said in an interview Tuesday night that he is not a supporter of the Islamic State. He characterized his Google+ page — which also includes the hashtag "#HitlerWasRight" and phrase "obama needs to be hung after being found guilty for TREASON!!" — as him "ranting off" and being facetious and sarcastic at times.

e2: the guy with the hitlerpony av is calling you out bro

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

please paste stream link

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

dont sneeze on me

e: do they realize theyre still streaming?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

lets let them get some privacy

*literally 5s later*

hey ammon look over here

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

sorry methy but your face already went out on the internet

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

e: illegal poo poo on dudes phone right now

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

he took a call next to the camera, asked if the other person could 'hold it', then asked if his 'hand was okay' in an awkward loving way

e: and then walked the gently caress away from the camera to finish out the call

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

this is some excellent camerawork

e: if you were on the ground with us right now, youd understand how we repeat half heard phone calls and other bullshit, you just dont understand

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 13, 2016

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

LeoMarr posted:

Why do you people immediately go to "CONSPIRACY NUT TRYING TO SAY ITS A FALSE FLAG" When you intentionally misunderstand what I am trying to say. The farmer isn't part of the loving government. However I'm not sure he sat on his porch watching the Bundy Bro's cut the fence down. He probably supported the action, however now that he realises that the feds may raid the place he's quick to switch to playing dumb as to not get wrapped up in an insurrection.

or maybe hes just a rancher who doesnt want his cows wandering outside his fenced in area?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

LeoMarr posted:

Well yes that's another option, however I'm sure the cows grazing fertile land is a pretty nice thing to have. Especially when it's free.

a couple of hours of free grazing is not worth the clusterfuck of a headache that intentionally cutting the wire right now would bring down

can you not understand that maybe this is just a dude who wants to do cattle things and not get involved in the snack revolution?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

camera envy on the live stream right now

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

did drunk grandpa just shoot down his own complaint?

'i dont agree with spending $70k a day in security but i guess if i was robbing banks or something i wouldnt believe me either'

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

petesantelli dot *wind noise*

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

oregon republicans are surprisingly sane, selfish but sane

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

the best part is where he mentions a bag of dicks

e: 'ritzheimer dildo' is a google autocomplete suggestion now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltpJXLiYVBU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I'm really resisting the urge to send him a dildo. Its just so affordable and convenient on Amazon.

maybe dont send him one thats the size of a small arm

gotta ease him into this

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

youtube link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltpJXLiYVBU turn up your volume for :29

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

LeoMarr posted:

Many moons ago our ancestors came to this site to bury our kin, now white man builds roads over it. What will we do

the legendary indian warrior known as shoots at two targets

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Where's the livestream at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elCpLmocrBE

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

from the stream right now: 'hey remember when we vandalized that guys fence and almost let his cows out? yeah the FBI told him to say all that'

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

That guy in the store has enough cheetos and soda to make a last stand. I fear we have made him more powerful than we can imagine.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Pete Santilli posted:

The county and community was told to gently caress off and by the FBI and reptilian government goons wouldn't let them use the area they wanted to, if I recall correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

They will make a huge deal about dumping 55 gallons of oil in the bird place and then it turns out that the lube is water based.

• Locked thread