Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
UPDATE: chitoryu12 was awesome enough to write up a history of the entire occupation. So now you don't have to ask "what did I miss" every page, just read this!

============================================================================

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/three-of-cliven-bundys-sons-militia-seize-federal-building/article/2579459

quote:

Three of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy's sons and what they claim are 150 militia members have occupied a federal building in eastern Oregon in order to keep two local ranchers out of prison, according to local reports.

The group is believed to be heavily-armed.

According to The Oregonian, the group seized the headquarters building at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge about 50 miles outside Burns, Ore. The remote facility was closed and unoccupied at the time.

Bundy and his supporters were in Oregon after two men were scheduled to go to prison on Monday for setting fires on federal land, according to a report by Oregon Public Broadcasting. The case has caused a stir in eastern Oregon because the two men were charged under anti-terrorism laws.

The two men, Dwight and Steve Hammond, appealed their cases multiple times, the report stated. They were required to report to prison on Monday.

The militia groups say the Hammond's were illegally prosecuted for setting what they claim was a controlled fire because the federal government has no authority at the county level.

"The facility has been the tool to do all the tyranny that has been placed upon the Hammonds," Ammon Bundy told the Oregonian.

Cliven Bundy, a rancher who engaged in an armed standoff with federal officials due a dispute he had with the Bureau of Land Management, was not present.

Earlier Saturday the Bundy brothers and an estimated 300 protesters marched in through Burns, Oregon, about 50 miles from the building they seized

Ammon Bundy on Saturday posted a video on his Facebook page asking "patriots" from across the country should to report to the refuge with weapons.

An investigative reporter for The Oregonian tweeted that Ammon Bundy wants to use the federal refuge as a militia base for years to come and called for anti-government supporters from around the country to come to the area.

It's unknown if the men are armed, but Cliven Bundy told John Sepulvado with Oregon Public Broadcasting that the militiamen have enough food supplies to last "a while."

In an interview with The Oregonian, Ammon Bundy refused to rule out violence if law enforcement officials try to intervene.

"We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely," he told The Oregonian. "This is not a decision we've made at the last minute."

Ammon Bundy said he met with local ranchers in the area that refused to take part in the seizure of the federal building, but decided to go ahead with the effort anyway.

He said he's calling out to other militiamen around the country to join the cause.

"We hope they will grab onto this and realize that it's been happening," he said.

Cliven Bundy gained international notoriety in 2014 because he refused to pay more than $1 million he owed the federal government for grazing cattle on federal property. Anti-government militias flocked to the Nevada ranch and engaged Bureau of Land Management and other federal agencies in an armed standoff for weeks.

I'm shocked that after they "won" an armed standoff against the government last year, these yahoos decided to press their luck and expand operations. They're not going to leave peacefully, they're certainly not going to surrender to authorities; this has potential to get really ugly. The longer this one goes on, the more emboldened the militia types will get. I'm really hoping they find a way to resolve this before it spreads to more sites.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Since Ammon Bundy claims to want to use the area as a training base for armed uprising against the federal government and is actively calling for more militiamen, I hope they wait a couple weeks for all the militia types to get in there and burn the place down.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

A literal skinhead crying about the government, that's a good look for this movement.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Thought experiment: if the Bundy clan had done this while wearing balaclavas and waving an ISIS flag, exactly how dead would they be right now?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Others have suggested it, but I really hope someone sends them a few 5-pound bags of those sugar-free gummy bears that cause explosive diarrhea.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

quote:

honestly, how loving retarded are their women that they didn't bring tampons? I mean jesus christ, it's not like they went straight from the rally to the sit in too.

Militia husband: WE GOTTA GET TO OREGON, PACK THE GUNS, WE LEAVE RIGHT NOW

Wife: Won't it be cold there? We should get some winter socks, coats, maybe some food and--

MH: GET IN THE TRUCK, WE'RE LEAVING NOW, JUST GRAB THE GUNS AND GET IN THE loving TRUCK

W: What about food, maybe a couple cases of bottled water? How long are we gonna be there, because I might need some personal th--

MH: WHY AREN'T YOU CARRYING GUNS TO THE TRUCK RIGHT NOW? OUR FREEDOM IS AT STAKE! JUST GET THE GUNS INTO THE TRUCK, YOU I CAN TAKE OR LEAVE

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

Wait Night Court was a real show?

I thought it was made up for that one 30 Rock episode. Is there even such a thing as an actual night court?

Thank you for making me feel old today.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

old dog child posted:

If I win the Powerball, I am going to surround the occupied area with giant speakers and blast dubstep and trap until they surrender.

Nah man, you gotta go gabber if you want to drive them out quickly. Bonus points if you set up speaker banks at such a distance that it's out of phase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCuVNCSK4t8

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Hey guys, OP here.

Please take this topic to a gun control thread, I really would like this one to focus more on these specific guys and their newfound bonanza of dongs.

Edit: I also wish to register "Bonanza Of Dongs" for a band name.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 17, 2016

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Pete Santilli is gonna be responsible for all of these yahoos getting 30+ years.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I'm not even gonna listen to this, I can just imagine the argument.

HOW DARE THEY CALL ME AN UNFIT PARENT, JUST BECAUSE I DROVE HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY TO SUPPORT AN ARMED INSURRECTION AGAINST THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!

Also :lol: that he's a "how much ya bench" tough guy who backed out of joining the Marines. (I choose to believe that really is his dad because it's funnier that way.)

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

Feel free to disagree, but i don't think the occupiers are the ones doing the stalking. Not that i don't think they're capable, but Pete kept ranting about how that was all a false flag, whereas if they were doing it, i think his argument would be about how stalking doesn't count when he does it

Yeah, Pete Santilli seems like a logical guy, I'll go with that.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Duke Igthorn posted:

I've had a poo poo year so far, seriously poo poo and this pisses me off so bad. These guys have life so loving easy they can do this. The entire history of the United States has lead up to this point: chickenshit bullshit manbabies acting out their need for a struggle, their need to be "warriors" without, you know, actually being in danger. If the US never had all the bullshit they are currently trying to get torn down they never would have been comfortable enough to try to tear it down in the first place. It's like trying to get the government to stop giving out vaccines because a disease hasn't killed a bunch of people in years (oddly enough since they started the vaccines). I wish I could go camping for a few weeks on the government's dime.

Buy some camo PJs and a tactic-lol AR-15, drive out there with some melodramatic YouTubes about THE CAUSE, be able to string together two spoken sentences without sounding like an idiot. You'll make $20K easily. Then drive back home with your money from those idiots, publicize that you're giving $500 to Bernie Sanders, and watch the tears roll in.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/bundys_in_custody_one_militant.html#incart_big-photo

He'll be updating this story. Currently it's Ryan Bundy shot but alive in custody, one unidentified dead, Ammon Bundy, Ryan Payne, Brian Cavalier, and Shawna Cox in custody.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

1st AD posted:

If they knew how to communicate effectively or do things well they'd already be working for a PAC or lobbying or doing something productive.

No they wouldn't, they'd be hocking gold coins to their fellow doomsday preppers at a 150% markup.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Just pretend I MSPainted this with the photo of him under the tarp

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I guess their IT guy's feed got shut down or died or something. Too bad, I had fun unleashing my inner teenager posting in his chat.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Captain Bravo posted:

"Stay safe, buddies. I love you much!"

It's amazing how much someone being a dog-lover can almost make you want to forgive them for being an aggressively stupid fuckstick. :smith:

The dogs wouldn't be there and in danger if not for these assholes.

I hope they get rescued and adopted out to better homes.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Also Kieran Suckling, who was leading the environmentalist counter-protesters camped outside the refuge, announced that they all pulled out earlier in the evening:

https://twitter.com/KieranSuckling

I refuse to believe that Kieran Suckling is the name of an actual human being.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

The Insect Court posted:

Didn't the FBI end up arresting everyone's goatee'd dildo-enragee in Arizona after he had left? I'd assume the individuals packing up and heading home are all under a microscope, seems easiest and safest to just round them up individually in the same way.

Yep, DADDY SWORE AN OATH and it turns out they picked up him up at home in Arizona after he bugged out early. :lol:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

meristem posted:

I'm kind of oddly worried about Fry now. I'd like to see a confirmation that he got peacefully arrested before this ends.

Just think, if he had found a different Internet echo chamber, he could have been an ardent, avid Bernie bro now. Extremely annoying in its own way, obviously, but at least not on his way to, eh, prison, I guess.

He'd be a $10,000 whale in Star Citizen. Hell, he might actually be one now.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

:Black chopper with giant speakers rolls up:
ATTENTION MILITIA MEMBERS:
WE WILL NOW BE READING YOU THE ENTIRE TWILIGHT TRILOGY... - chapter 1 - FIRST SIGHT. My mother drove me to the airport with the windows rolled down...

gently caress that. Ted Cruz erotic fanfiction.

http://www.latimes.com/books/jacketcopy/la-et-jc-ted-cruz-erotic-novel-christmas-20151222-story.html

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I hope whoever is still left there camping out against the feds surrenders meekly. When they do, I hope they're paraded out as the filthy, ragtag, miserable shitbags they are. Make them do a 100-yard frogmarch in cuffs and shackles into a Bearcat.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Ammon: Ok, we've had a lot of trouble with this occupation before, but I think we can do it this time . Pete, what are our odds?

Pete Santilli: I'm coming up with a 13.333 (repeating of course) chance of our survival.

Ammon: ok, what is Lavoy doing?

Pete Santilli: he appears to be idling under his blue tarp.

Ammon: Jesus....ok well I know he needs some drops from this occupation. I'll go in first and cast " Open Carry Patriot Intimidating Shout" and if we try and pull them one by one we should.....

Lavoy Finnicum: what's what chums lets do this. LAVVOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKINS
*stands up, rushes FBI blockade*

Ammon : did he just run into the fed raid?

Pete Santilli: GOD DAMMIT LAVOY

*tpk*

:lol:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

SocketWrench posted:

Oh, you mean the same psycho that visited a town and announced she was glad to be in the home town of John Wayne (Gacey)? Yeah, how she holds office still is one of nature's mysteries.

She's no longer in office, I think she declined to run for reelection in 2014.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

:smith:

Poor guy couldn't even fit in with crazy right-wing militants. I guess I...feel sorry for him?

There's always 8chan.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Subterfrugal posted:

So the revolution may not have started out great, but we've got a great followup idea!

*jumps in a pickup truck with a bullhorn*

LAVOY DIED FOR YOUR FREEDOM YOU DUMBSHITS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip1SYl97kh4

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Crabtree posted:

Question is if the NRA would ever let that happen. Its a logical law to think about, but I really doubt all the systems that have been built to "protect" the second amendment would ever allow this precedence to be made because "If you can take away the criminal's right to guns, then *insert drivel that somehow takes away speaker's guns*".

GOOD NEWS!

These idiots will never surrender their guns, they would literally rather die. No federal agency will make them surrender their guns, because WACO RUBY RIDGE, etc.

If they did surrender their guns and their rights to own them due to some miracle, they'd just get someone else to be a straw purchaser to buy more guns!

As oppressed and downtrodden as these sons of the soil claim to be, they have a whole lot of money to spend on guns. Lots and lots of guns.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

And we'll do it without spelling, punctuation, and grammar!

(We'll need snacks and Red Bull, though.)

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

What the gently caress do they think Franklin Graham is going to do?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I CAN'T HAVE YOU DYING BECAUSE I NEVER GOT TO HUG YOU

gently caress me

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

They just want one more night with those dildos.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

DEAR GOD,

WE KNOW WE'RE RIGHT, MAKE EVERYONE KNOW WE'RE RIGHT

AMEN

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Gun control conspiracies!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Yesssssss, it's now a C-list local AM talk radio show.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Shakenbaker posted:

So many movies talked about tonight as if they were documentaries.

The Braveheart reference was my favorite.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

1200 new posts? What did I miss? All I'm seeing is vague reports of the FBI sorrounding them.

FBI surrounded them, they got manic for a couple hours while crazy NV assembly-woman and sov-cit photographer calmed them down by forcing them to pray every five minutes, they've now agreed to walk out unarmed if Franklin Graham and crazy NV assembly-woman are there to protect them.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to know you have a phone book of federal crimes over your head and still fly commercial anywhere? OF COURSE they're going to arrest you at the one point they know you don't have a loving gun or any other weapon on you.

What an idiot.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

FourLeaf posted:

Wait so Bundy was just holed up with a bunch of guns in Nevada? And they got him to travel on a plane where he couldn't take any weapons? I'm not sure to think if the FBI is just that clever or Bundy is just that dumb.

It's the latter.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

If Cliven Bundy had the support he believes he has, he would've had the money and structure to book six private flights from Bundy Shithole, NV, to various locations around eastern Oregon and forced LEOs to decide which route he'd take to get there and rally his meth-addled troops.

Instead, this rear end in a top hat flew commercial to Portland, which is like a 4-5 hour drive from the lunatics anyway, and they arrested his dumb rear end as soon as he got off the plane because they knew he wouldn't have any weapons on him.

This is the mastermind of the New American Revolution, everyone. This is the guy they've pledged to lay down their lives for. A man too stupid to realize that flying on a commercial airline in 2016 opens him up to every single law enforcement agency in the hemisphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

This like some off-off-Broadway play written by an art school dropout that's done all the drugs.

• Locked thread