Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sometimes I wish the Obama that existed in political cartoons really existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

skaboomizzy posted:

Since Ammon Bundy claims to want to use the area as a training base for armed uprising against the federal government and is actively calling for more militiamen, I hope they wait a couple weeks for all the militia types to get in there and burn the place down.

There was a time when open and armed insurrection against the government would be crushed and the leaders hung. Now they'll be treated with kit gloves and get book and TV deals out of it because of the power of the nutjob media.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xandu posted:

I wouldn't assume so. The US has a history of shooting crazy armed white men who barricade themselves in.

Yea, but that was before the current media climate.

And I meant that wingnut welfare rewards people who do stuff like this, unless one of them gets twitchy and actually starts shooting, then they'll disavow them or claim they were a Liberal plant.

Cliven Bundy was a long Obama con from the start!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really like this

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Mormon fanfiction is pretty funny. It's clear Smith had zero knowledge of history that wasn't biblical, so he presented an image of Pre Columbian America as an mirror of the world of the Bible. With horses and steel, chariots and large walled cities, full of white people, that were slaughtered by the non-whites which are the Native Americans.

Though Mormons have tried to explain how all this fits in with what we actually know about the history of North America, and its the best kind of "Well, when they said Iron, the meant the copper, and horses they meant deer.

Though like many mainstream Christians, many Mormans have come to accept that the Book of Mormon isn't literal, and such, but there are nutcases that believe literally true, and have conspiracy theories that the truth and knowledge is being hidden. Oh and the Conspiracies are between the US Government and the Native Tribes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Arresting them will make them into Martyrs, and the RWM loves people who break the law for Conservative reasons. I mean Ollie North should be serving a life sentence at Leavenworth for what he did, but instead he's a go to pundit on Fox News.

Though I doubt any of these guys have the wit and charm of North or even Liddy. They'll be like the Starbucks red cup guy and embarrass themselves as soon as someone puts a camera on them and asks them to say what they really think.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Astrofig posted:

That's assuming they know how to cook---most of it is easy poo poo that a middleschooler could make like mac and cheese, ramen cups, canned soup----the gently caress are they going to do with bags of raw flour, uncooked oats and raw potatoes? Did they think to bring a camp stove? (And fuel for it?)

Considering how manly it is to not know how to cook (outside of BBQing), I doubt any of these guys could make anything more complex than a cup of noodles.

OAquinas posted:

Holy poo poo this. The feds should set up a BBQ pit upwind and have a massive roast.

This would be fantastic. Also invite all the locals over for a big old bbq, care of Uncle Sam.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He's got the tarp out hoping some of the seduction cinema girls will show up.

Discendo Vox posted:

It appears that local opinion is swaying in favor of the militants- that or substantial numbers in the audience are actually sympathizers/supporters from out of town.

I was thinking that people that sympathize with the Militia guys but were not brave enough to actually join them would come into town to intimidate locals from trying to cooperate with authorities. Its the kind of thing people that practice this selfish freedom would do.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I like how it's "We the People" meaning "me and my twelve buddies decided this is right." Doesn't matter what the other 300,000,000 Americans think. This ain't a bird sanctuary anymore 'cause gently caress y'all we got cows to graze.

As I keep saying, its a selfish freedom people like this believe in. I should be able to do anything I want, and anyone like me can also do whatever they want. Anyone else can either become like us or they can gently caress off and die.

So people are tweeting at these knuckleheads with slash fiction
http://www.joemygod.com/2016/01/06/how-about-some-oregon-militia-homoerotic-fan-fiction/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SquadronROE posted:

Tactilol squatting

That jar of peanut butter is suspected of being an informant. Wait, is that a plastic toy skull? Is David Aruni there?

http://usuncut.com/news/oregon-militia-descends-into-fist-fights-chaos/
I think the feds should go in and arrest them before they start shooting each other.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Because you have a bunch of guys armed to the teeth who are in a stressful situation and they already have trust issues to begin with without people who join adding more stress to the mix with fake credentials and the one guy they removed because he was clearly unbalanced. It's not helping that people are telling them that they are being infiltrated by the feds.

I have come down from any "kill the fuckers" feelings I have and want this to end as peacefully as possible, either through action from authorities or the Militia themselves.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kartikeya posted:

That article I linked by JJ MacNab focuses on the Kanes. Not only was he 16, he was, from my understanding, the primary shooter, at least in the initial rampage. The cop he pulled the AK on didn't gun him down immediately, he held up a hand--and got filled full of bullets. Kid chases his partner around the police car, exchanging fire, until the second cop goes down. Then he walks up to them and shoots them while they're on the ground in a ditch.

Oh, and then they had another shootout with police later, wounding two more officers, in a parking lot. They were in the process of removing their license plates. Those two were cold as gently caress and this has happened a disturbing number of times. The lady the older Kane was in love with? Also a SovCit who tried to sue people for using her name in any article. Not for defamation for being linked to these guys, mind you. Because she claimed her name was copyrighted. And other SovCits saw these guys as heroes.

I'd not be surprised if that kid was raised with his father telling him "Someday you are going to have to defend your family". You can see in the video he does not hesitate, he knows that he's not killing people, he's killing agents of an entity that enslaves him and everyone he cares about.

This is glorious. All things sent to these guys should be packaged with notes about being a true patriot. "This Great American Challenge helped me and my squadmates bond during out time together defending America and its freedoms".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They want federal land given back to the people, and that will make it less accessible than it already is. I love it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

MaxxBot posted:

They don't mean sell it off to private sector companies, they just want the government to gift the land to them, which isn't a huge loving government handout because

I thought they wanted to give it to Ranchers and other salt of the earth types like they are. The kind of people who itch to shoot people who come on their land because they love castle doctrine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I did not see this posted in the last 20 or so pages

http://thelapine.ca/79-year-old-bird-watcher-takes-down-oregon-militant-with-old-high-school-wrestling-move/

Agent Mulder posted:

We’re hoping this is an isolated incident and we’re asking the elderly not to knock any more militants on their rear end

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

The Lapine is a takeoff of The Onion made by and for Canadians.

Ah nuts. Though I mean, if people who wanted to use the public land like that and came across from of the Militia guys, they would be in a similar situation. They don't want to open the land up to everyone, because it already is, they want to open the land up to exploitation by people they like.

Armyman25 posted:

According to his bio he's a former Marine. Don't know why he'd opt to wear an Army uniform now.

I'd think stolen valor is the case here.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not sure how far the powers of elected officals go, but is there any possibility that the inaction of the FBI is being caused by interference from Republicans in Congress? We know they've blocked every attempt for law enforcement to deal with the threat of militias and other armed home grown groups, so could that mean that some fringe republican be going "you're not going to touch those Patriots in Oregon or you're going to find your funding cut so far you'll be riding bikes".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Telsa Cola posted:

I would imagine a national guard member defecting to the militia or rendering any kind of aid to them if they were called into action would prolly get hammered every which way from Sunday by the courts, doubly so if for some magical hypothetical reason Obama gives a federal mobilization order to the state, if that happened they would get crucified by the military courts. Im pretty sure doing that kind of poo poo gets you shot by your buddies too. So yeah I don't think any one of them would be dumb enough to do that.

Yea, but that person would become a hero to the Militia movement. They all have a fantasy that when Obummer orders the US Military to start to take orders from NWO UN Zionist leaders, they'd say hell no! And join in the true blue American patriots, and this would just play on that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's like these guys saw Die hard 2 and thought the bad guy were the real heroes. It's all such action movie bullshit.

It reminds me of around when Chris Kyle was hot poo poo, there were lots of stuff about how most veterans who had scene as much action as he did tended to be uncomfortable about what they did. Very much to the tone of "I did my duty" and the specifics not being something they want to get into. I know the guys I know who saw action in Afghanistan really do not want to talk about it. They'll happily talk about what it was like in camp or how the locals treated them and stuff, but when it comes down to action, its the last things they want to talk about it. One guy told me there was one guy in his unit that was way to proud of killing. Would actually carve notches in the butt of his rifle for kill marks and other stuff that sounded like they had seen too many movies. The guy was arrested and dishonorably discharged because he was caught trying to remove an ear from a not quite dead fighter as a trophy. What the gently caress dude?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't wait for this to be over and get some shots from inside of the refuge and see the state these morons left it in.

I mean, look at these peoples cars, they're covered in poo poo. I saw someone praiseing them while occupying for having a focus on "daily Chores", and i doubt one of those chores was cleaning.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SquadronROE posted:

They cleaned their guns religiously.

Everyone masturbates.

Real men throw trash on the ground.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So LaVoy wrote a book

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014901Q8Q?tag=buzz0f-20

I'd advise reading the 5 star reviews. There's some troll ones, but a apparently a lot of people like it, because they totally agree with him

Though can someone explain what TEOTWAWKI means? Is it like RahoWa?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Prester Jane posted:

The End Of The World As We Know It.

Ah, so RaHoWa, just without the racial things (its also racial).

amazon reviewer posted:

Book source: borrowed via Kindle Unlimited - a subscription service that I pay a monthly fee to Amazon.

The basic plotline is that there's been some kind of nuclear attack on the US. If it was mentioned who the attacking country was, I missed it since I don't recall any mention. Anyhow, events take place mostly in the the four corners region of the US as the children of our 'hero' are caught in the aftermath of the explosion (cars won't run) and know that if they can just get home to the ranch and Dad (with a capital D), everything will be OK.

Since there are no cars running, walking or bicycles seem to be the only way to get around. Those of you familiar with the high desert of the Four Corners region know what kind of a rugged landscape is, and it's winter and snowing to boot - but no worries, these kids are H.E.A.L.T.H.Y. and can handle it all. Plus, any dangerous peeps about and they're loaded to the hilt with firearms, just like Dad (with a capital D) taught them. Oh, and since Dad (with a capital D) was wise and believed in an old prophecy by one of the Mormon gurus, he's been stocking up on food for years and even stashing it in super-secret places all over all the back roads leading to the ranch for the kids to find it on their way through the dangerous high country. And they actually found those caches, despite the heavy snow. For realz.

SPOILERS AHEAD: after the kids get to the ranch and everyone's safe (except Dad's wife who didn't believe in carrying guns, so the baddies knocked her off in the first chapter), there's all kinds of kerfuffles in the community over them having lots of food stashed away and it should be shared with everyone else who wasn't smart enough to stash away. That all leads to a big stand off and our 'hero' packs up his guns and thus ensues some big shoot-em-up. Why he would fire on his neighbors and not negotiate? Dunno, but even worse afterwards our 'hero' is judge, jury and executioner over a female government employee that he resented over the whole thing and ----------->>>>real spoiler---->>>he strung her up on his rope and hung her.

END SPOILERS.

Isn't he special? Not. Now to the writing itself, I'll quote some text and make comments so you can decide for yourself. Sarcasm font is on, folks.

"...like L.A., civil unrest was starting to break out there as well. To avoid that, I had chosen to take I-40 and circle around through Flagstaff. From there I would go north staying on Highway 89 which passed through Page, crossing the Colorado River at the Glen Canyon Dam. From Page, the ranch was less than an hour and a half away."

First person narrative 101 as taught by EL James, and that's not a compliment. And there's even a footnote somewhere to tell the ignorant reader that most places in the book really exist. Like the Grand Canyon. Good to know that's a real place (sarcasm font is on folks).

"Beneath my camo jacket I had on my tactical vest. The right side of the vest had six 30-round magazines for my AR. The left side had my 45 Sig Saur auto with two extra magazines above it. Along with my 45 auto, I still had my 44-40 Colt revolver strapped to my hip. I had been unable to part with it and the weight of it resting on my thigh was comforting."

TMI. Oh and did I mention that anytime any new weapon is introduced to the story there's a footnote giving the reader for more unnecessary detail on said weapon? And there's a whole bunch of weapons in this short book. Oh, and did I mention a lot of other footnotes stating 'facts' - with no backup documentation - just the author's word that those are facts. And then there was a footnote to tell we stupid readers what loaded for bear means.

Now a sample of the oh-so-heavy-handed rhetoric that litters the pages.

"What fools in Washington thought that by unilaterally disarming ourselves it would make the rest of the world like us more? There were actual fools in Washington but there were also traitors. Traitors that knew this would happen. They would not be the ones caught by surprise."

"I used to take pride in the Eagle Badge I had earned. Now I wouldn’t want anyone to know that I had been a Scout. The Boy Scout organization had violated their own Scout oath; their oath to be morally straight."

The ideal of Americanism had been twisted so as to become a mirror opposite.

I have lots more, but that's enough I think to get the point across what to expect in this book. Lastly, back to current event in Oregon, I couldn't resist highlighting a few sentences that I would call pot-meet-kettle. You be the judge.

"Living and breathing was just another way of saying, “Words mean whatever we want them to mean.”

"It was a hard and fast line in his world. If you did not earn it, if you did not pay for it, if it was not given to you, it wasn’t yours."

“We should be free to make stupid choices if we want and then be allowed to experience the full weight of those choices."

Amen to that, people who make a dumb choice should pay the consequences of their heedless actions.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vahakyla posted:

But the military is on their side.

Oh yea, as was said, this is the best part. Patriots have built up this fantasy about how the Military is made up of people who just hate the civilian leaders they are forced to serve under. If they would just be allowed to do things their way, the world would be safe because we're AMERICA and we can do anything if we put enough boots on the group and nukes in the air for Freedom.

As soon as the brave Patriots fire the first shot all the NCOs on down will frag their Obama approved officers and march off to join their brothers in arms.

Or the people in the military are mostly people doing their job as best they can like everyone else and hope they aren't put in a situation where they have to risk their lives. Unless they're some glory hound or psychopath like Chris Kyle. I doubt many people in the military or vets would have kind words to say about these guys who are all the poster boys for Stolen Valor.

theflyingorc posted:

https://youtu.be/RfVbiefMdNU

This is the best one. All sovcit tasing videos flow from this one

my favorite thing about this is his smug laugh as if hes thinking "These sheeple don't know I know the magic words that enable me to do anything I want", followed by how much patients and leeway the bailiffs give him before finally tazing him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Crotch posted:

... Spalmed?

God, I love how loving detailed the book is about killing people you don't like.
That's all these people want, to be able to kill anyone for any reason.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I like how the guy with the most right wing MURRICA avatar and name is the reasonable one in the comments.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Annointed posted:

I would like for the FBI to prevent any shootings on the protest area. That and continue to throughly humiliate the sov cigs til the cows go home.

These people seem more like they'd be vapers, and vape in restaurants and theaters saying "It's not smoking, its VAPING".

Grem posted:

The complaints about the ambush are my favorite part. So butthurt the FBI didn't play by their rules. The FBI isn't and never has been in the business of fair fights. No law enforcement has or should be.

These guys act like their entire knowledge of combat and tactics comes from movies. Because it is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really don't want to bring up the Mormon thing, but I can't help but feel some of the history relates here. Wasn't one of the reason for the extreme reaction to Mormons in the upper midwest during their exodus because they'd come into a town, say they're in charge now, and that would cause the locals to take up arms and force them out, then they'd pick up and try it in another town?

It sounds an awful lot like what they tried to do in Burns.

Best pie is Chocolate Mud Pie, followed by lemon meringue pie, then apple.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Please let the conspiracy theory be that the actual population of Burns is imprisoned in a FEMA camp because they supported Bundy from the start, but the Government replaced them with shipped in crisis actors so it would appear that the citizens were against the occupation. The Rascal Brigade needs to ride out and free the true citizens and overthrow the ZOG ruled Burns.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There was 120 bullets in the van! They shot him 9 times!!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
13k people are listening to us!
We need to do something!

Thump! posted:

lol

THEY COMPLIED AND TURNED THEIR LIGHTS OFF, NOW WE CANT SEE THEM!!!!

It's a ghost car!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
We came to help the Hammonds!

You guys didn't hear the Hammonds don't want you help?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It they use tear gas, that's the same as them shooting at us!

Is the David they're talking about Fry-Sempai?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Crain posted:

yeah.

The "tear gas is the same as opening fire" is legitimately terrifying to me. That says, to me, that these guys have already decided to start shooting.

They think if they come out they'll be shot. There is nothing in their voice that betrays any doubt.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sounds like everyone but Mark is all "hey lets be calm", but Mark is 100% he's gonna get Tarped.

YOU ARE DESTROYING THE CONSTITUTION!!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

XMNN posted:

From context I think Mark is the FBI negotiator.

Ah it sounded like he was a nutter inside of it.

And THe FBI wants them to come out and surrender, but because of the strong narrative of the conspiracy people, they honestly believe the stories about hundreds of bullets pumped into LaVoy's vehicle and how he was executed on his knees. The think that's what's going to happen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Why are they asking to call the state police and Sheriff? Do they think that they're going to come to their aid?

And I love how they think Franklin Graham has any authority.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man this really shows the harm of conspiracy thinking. These people are so paranoid of everything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They want us to come out with hands up, weapons down and go to court.

Oh dear! It's basically the Gestapo! They might even feed you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Geostomp posted:

They honestly believe that the FBI was chomping at the bit to kill them all from the start. The fact that they haven't has gotten them so confused that they're jumping at whatever shadow they see.

It shows you just how far removed they are from reality.

And LaVoy wasn't armed, they've got his weapons!

"we are law abiding citizens!" you didn't commit any crimes occupying federal offices? And damaging the property.

• Locked thread