Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
It looks like most or even all of the necessary mechanics for a Lurker class are already present in Strike.

Being concealed imposes Disadvantage on attacks against the target with all range types except Burst and the Warlord's Support Tokens provide a framework that could be used for the burst damage part of the Lurker. So an Attack Action power that conceals the user and gives them an Ambush Token (as well as, say, Resist 2) until the start of their next turn would cover the defensive parts of the downtime turns.

Then a class feature could provide another Ambush Token until the start of next turn whenever the Lurker uses Assess (or a similar Role Action power granted by the class for variety's sake). They could then spend two Ambush Tokens before an attack to double all damage (and Strikes) for the burst aspect of uptime turns.

If you want to make the class more vulnerable than others during uptime turns, you could even have a class feature that either imposes Vulnerable 1 while not concealed or simply reduces total HP like an individual member of the Buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Aside from specific powers calling for effects such as movement that doesn't result in Opportunities from select targets only, part of it is probably because things like being Marked can result in Opportunities when Shifting.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Yes, although the free sample adventure, reskinned three different ways on the game's downloads page, is out of date according to Jimbozig.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
I like what I'm hearing so far, but while we're voicing our desires regarding what we want to see, please tell me you're at least trying to work out a Lurker class or role for inclusion the new material. :ohdear:

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

Anyway, my first question: my group is used to 4E, has anyone made a list of stuff that tends to trip up 4E players that I could give them? Things like "you can split your movement" or "opportunities are automatic damage" and such.

Marks don't overwrite; they stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
They're not numbered in their titles, but Trouble in Hogtown and the Rogue were the second and third expansions.