Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfredo Pangea
Aug 20, 2007

In Pangea, first you get the head, Then you get the money.

I read that some of the Advance Reading Copies ended up on ebay. One went for $150 dollars (Which i totally would have paid if I had it and thought to check ebay) while some of the first copies sold were going for $15. With the waiting I have endured for this I would name my first born child "Sranc Spunk" if it got me a copy faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfredo Pangea
Aug 20, 2007

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

If you need someone to cut its newborn belly open and cum in the wound, lmk.

That is vile! To let a stranger do that when everyone knows that is a job for a skin spy rabbi!

drat now I want a name change to "Skin Spy Rabbi"!

Alfredo Pangea
Aug 20, 2007

Turdis McWordis posted:

The female dunedain reveal kind of makes Esmenet's random quasi-genetic compatibility even more WTF.

What? Did you miss the parts describing her as "A large sea mammal whose nickname at the salt water brothel she lived in, was Shamu.."
Or the great foreshadowing where she dispelled the client's black demonseed through her blowhole?

Alfredo Pangea
Aug 20, 2007

I have not bought a physical copy of a book in years and never have I paid the 30 dollars for a new release hardcover until this one. My internet was down and I have waited years for this so I decided to splurge, and am super happy that I did. The writing is fantastic and I think bakker has really honed his craft of writing about grimdarkness in a poetic style that paints a vivid picture full of atmosphere and horror. That said I think splitting it into two novels is at best a mixed blessing. Parts feel like he padded it out and leaves the novel as more of an epic prologue when it could and should have been an epicly large masterpiece that finally answered questions and tied the far ranging plots together I'd still give it 4.5 out of 5. If "The Unholy Consult" is out in a year when it is supposed to, and it is as large and engaging as The Great Ordeal is setting it up as, then I will revoke my criticism.

Alfredo Pangea
Aug 20, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The white luck warrior can see himself in the future and the past, which is why he moves with that Unnerving Grace - he sees himself do something, and then he does it.

The WLW goes catatonic because Kellhus has somehow found a way to break free of prophecy, to exist outside his visions. WLW can't kill him, because he can only see the false future where he's killed him. Ditto the no-god, because he (may) destroy the outside by murdering the world the gods can't see him - if you're infinite, you can't conceive your end.

I was curious on this did Kelhaus escape the WLW because of something to do with using that ciphrang head to ,make a half ciphrang zombie thing. or did whatever is REALLY inside Celmomas (it has to be something more than just the intellect part of his now dead twin, I thought it had to do with or be Yatwer, since it was a slave similar to the one that helps Sorweel , that does the stare-ectomy) him to yell do it?

savinhill posted:

drat that poo poo was dope in all the right ways.

AGREED! also are you from Savin Hill in Dorchester? If so, what up grim dark dot rat buddy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfredo Pangea
Aug 20, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

savin hill is a good street dogs album

It is, the video for the song savin hill is cool as it references all stuff I grew up with