Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

(with the possible exception of the Water Bearers, which is interesting on a lot of levels)

The Water Bearers are the best. Fane gets thrown into the desert with his eyes torn out, but then just invents an entirely new form of magic that is apparently a-okay with the objective morality of the universe and a new religion that finally puts those lovely gods in their place. Too bad there is only a single Cishaurim left. They were too :black101: to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

I'm in the middle of A Thousand-Fold Thought and I have mixed feelings. I like the concept, and the side characters are all interesting, but I find the main character to be pretty dull. How does the second trilogy compare?

That depends. Do you view the main character as Achamian or Kellhus? Because the latter of the two has significantly less on-screen time in the second trilogy.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

I was referring to Kellhus. I like all the other characters with the exception of Serwe.

Then I would say give the second trilogy a shot.