Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
It's only getting weird to me now I'm in warrior prophet, the not-mongol stabbed a bunch of holes in the ground and hosed them while crying. Everybody else crying all the time too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I'm in thousand fold thought now and I loving HATE kellhus, and I'm pretty sure that's intentional. I don't know how anyone could call him a mary-sue when he's so loathsome and amoral. He's good at everything yeah but he doesn't do anything for selfless reasons and I don't think he truly cares for anyone or anything. There's even a chapter I just got through were akka sees past his face and realizes he's pretty much the loving devil.

I'm still not sure what he wants, really, but he'll put the world to the sword to get it. I hope he dies gruesomely.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I like books where dudes have swords and beards and dumb weird cultures goddamnit

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I'm expecting a scene where he's undone by that certainty that made him leave the trapper. And (big thousand fold thought spoilers) Cnaiur's time riding with the consult creatures has been hosed up and awesome. I think the consult is similar to Clive Barker's cenobites at this point. Reaching for ever more hosed up vices and whatnot. I'm expecting some reveals as Cnaiur goes on but I've had a feeling that he'll get got soon since like halfway through warrior prophet.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I've really latched on to this stuff. Finished TFT and I was euphoric when akka told kellhus to go gently caress himself right in front of his court. And in the judging eye he's employed a company of sranc hunters to accompany him on a suicide mission in the guise of a treasure hunt. Sranc are the most nastiest orks. Between a possible victory over sranc or certain death of everyone ever by Warhammer orks, 40k every time

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
It took me 3 books to stop mixing up tydonni and thunyeri. The latter are conans who tie shrunken heads into their hair and the former think brown folks are gross. A nansur is a native of the Empire but I got them confused with the norsirai for a long time. I still can't say wtf norsirai means though.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
Yeah, but a lot of people are tall and blonde. Does anyone else cast roles as they read? Akka has been Eli Wallach since the end of book one. Proyas has always been Stephen Dillane. But I can't shake the vision of a psychotic Jon redcorn as Cnaiur. It's so weird seeing all these amazing actors in my mind's eye and here comes Redcorn.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011

Libluini posted:

I sometimes imagine how the movie-version of a book would look like, with the main protagonist being played by Bruce Willis. But doing this poo poo for the entire book would be a bit much, I think.

It's probably the sign of a lovely imagination but I do this with every book. I read a couple books by Joe Abercrombie and logen is tormund from game of thrones and Bayaz is the nazi doctor from American horror story season 2.

I get frustrated when I can't match a character to a face. I can't pin down sorweel but I decided on Tom hardy as captain Kosoter and this demented old drunk in my town as Sarl. Also esmenet is Eva green.

Also Esmi's kids are all kinds of strange. What the gently caress is up with kelmomas and the voice in his head? I'm guessing it's a part of samarmas's soul or something but idk. I get the feeling he's planning to usurp kellhus or something though.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I don't want any specifics, but is there any elaboration on the no god and it's WHAT DO YOU SEE talk. It seems to me that it may be unaware of itself somehow and is honestly asking what the gently caress is happening. And I heard someone thinks it's a helicopter, which kind of owns somehow.

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011

akulanization posted:

admittedly this might not be a concern if you are actually reading the books, but this level of made-up word salad makes my eyes glaze over.

Oh yeah I had a hard time with it and I still get mixed up. Especially after finishing asoif where most people and things have names that sound familiar and some people have real names. There's no one whose name is easy like that bakker's stuff. Esmenet and Mimara are the only folks with names that sound real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm so sick of sranc. Goddamnit I really hope they eradicate the entire species by the end of the book because I really don't want the next one to be about herding and slaughtering sranc again.

I thought we might get something cool out of the ur-sranc, but for now it seems they're just sranc NCOs. Also, I have my theory on the head-on-a-pole but I'm curious what others think.