Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Mr. Soul posted:

I'm in thousand fold thought now and I loving HATE kellhus, and I'm pretty sure that's intentional. I don't know how anyone could call him a mary-sue when he's so loathsome and amoral. He's good at everything yeah but he doesn't do anything for selfless reasons and I don't think he truly cares for anyone or anything. There's even a chapter I just got through were akka sees past his face and realizes he's pretty much the loving devil.

Sure, the reader can see Kellhus is awful, but everyone in world seems to love him (aside from the Byzantium prince who just seems to hate him because he's so popular) and he's great at everything. Isn't that normal for a mary-sue then? Even Emo-Conan who started out hating him and resisting him falls for him in 2 books or so. Akka gives away his magic-secrets and is still besties with him when he comes back from being tortured and finds him screwing his wife, I didn't get to where Akka sees he's the devil, so it's nice he finally does, but I don't think I'll read any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Wheeee posted:

He is loved via cynical manipulation, and this is never implied to be a good thing.

I don't think this is for you.

Excect by the wealth, power, and near-universal love he gains from it? As I said the reader knows what a massive dick he is, but very few people in-universe do. It got tiresome seeing this jerk go through almost constant success.

And I know it's not for me, I also said I gave up on reading it.