Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Hey, that's my OP! I love that I was all "oh don't worry about the series not getting finished, he's written six books in eight years, he's no GRRM" then Unholy Consult gets pushed back four years.

Bakker is one of those authors who I really liked when someone tossed a copy of TDTCB into my lap, but between the glacial pace of his releases, his awful devotion to internet poo poo-stirring and him not being able to control his weird cuckoldry/rape/mind-control fetishes in his non-SFF work, I've kinda gone lukewarm on him. Consult getting split into two books doesn't exactly fill me with hope, but maybe it'll get me re-invested in this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol the internet poo poo-stirring was instigated by another scifi author using a fake name to intentionally assemble mobs to harass competing authors:
http://www.metafilter.com/144305/Ripping-up-the-SFF-Scene-Requires-Hate

That may be, but he's definitely one of those people who can't help Googling himself and responding to every negative thing someone writes about him on the internet.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

Yeah, Kellhus is a horrible monster, the world just rallies around him because they have no choice and the alternative is worse (and it really hasn't been made clear yet whether the alternative is really worse).

I was browsing the old thread and I just remembered we decided the No-God was a helicopter. Those were good times. WHAT DO YOU SEE WHUP WHUP WHUP WHUP

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

philosophical

The best part of that is when you read Neuropath and discover that passage wasn't Bakker being '2Xtreme!' for the sake of showing how horrible his villains are - that's Bakker showing restraint.

Popular Human fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 7, 2016