Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

skasion posted:

I think the second series also lacks economy of plotting a bit. The subplot about the embassy to the elves is cool and I really enjoy it, but it takes up a lot of space and in the end it accomplishes nothing of worth (not in in-universe terms, but like dramatically).
It's more relevant than anything that happened south of sakarpus. I didn't expect "kellhus wins" but like general battuta said - the unanswered questions are strange, especially when that doesn't match the trilogy. What did the judging eye do for the story, besides confirm the reality of damnation?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Kellhus, post-thousandfold thought: We're going to Nilnamesh, and Conriya, and Zeu-uum YAH

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

He did speak of a third duology or trilogy, even before the great ordeal came out. Said the name would be a spoiler. That doesn't mean he'll ever write or publish it but it's not like it came from nowhere, and it definitely was mentioned before the last book came out.