Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Nickoten posted:

Yeah but how many of those subscriptions will expire before March and how many people will even remember to redeem this?

Well, it adds on to the end of your subscription.

But yeah, I'm not bothering to punch in a 12 digit code for a one day extension. Here, someone take mine:
5G2R-L3NJ-G8DM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Medium Cool posted:

I mean, the e-mail even has a link to where you can redeem it. It took me 30 seconds.

Which would be great if I knew my PSN login. If they're trying to save a buck by not just extending everyone by one day automatically, then they shouldn't have even bothered.

Making you redeem your 13.7 cents worth of subscription is dumber than when Microsoft used to send people 25 cents on their birthday. At least that was worth twice as much and you didn't have to enter the code yourself.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Is there any reason the the PS3 version of Joust is no longer purchasable on the store? I own it, but my sister is trying to buy a copy for her PS3 and can't find it in the store. Even looking in the web store doesn't give a purchase option.

Midway games were removed from the store like eight years ago when they went under.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I really wanted free tetris this month.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Type "free tetris" into your phone?

Eh, it's just nice to have a version of Tetris on console for some local multiplayer. Last generation it was "Tetris Splash" for me, which was kind of lame but did the job. Tetris Ultimate, by all indications, doesn't seem worth the money. But it's the only one available and I'm not shelling out for an import copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris.

But anyway, it's not worth discussing anymore since those leaked games weren't real. Sorry to start a derail here. I'll try to get excited about Table Top Racing: World Tour :v:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

axleblaze posted:

I also want to know who convinced both Sony and MS that selecting letters from a single line that resets to the beginning after you pick one was better than a basic virtual keyboard. Like yes you can narrow down the list easier after each selection to reflect what's there but that still saves like no time at all compared to just using a loving virtual keyboard.

You can't even type with a bluetooth keyboard like you can in every other text box. It's really dumb.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Can the optical drive on a PS4 read a PS1 game? Why have they not patched that in yet?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Just noticed that Tricky Towers is an update to 99 Bricks Wizard Academy, which is one of my favorite mobile games of all time.

http://weirdbeard.nl/

Best PS+ month since the launch of PS4.

Yeah I'm excited for Tricky Towers, despite it being a flash game. Competitive looks fun.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The sad truth about PS+ is you're paying to play online. I would subscribe even if they didn't give away any games, just like I did for six years on Xbox Live Gold.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

korrandark posted:

Free Plus games are up. There also gonna be a 2K sale.

Oh hey, it's tuesday already! Thanks Labor Day :v:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I'm fairly positive that Sony's said multiplayer on PS4 Pro has to run at the same frame rate as basic PS4 so I'm not too concerned about that.

That's kind of lame for something like Rocket League, where we are already playing against PC players running at high framerates. How do you even accomplish that as a developer? Throttle the CPU in multiplayer?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Half off Mega Man Legacy Collection: Q8BPD7LL8P

I took this, thanks!

In return, here is a SFV 45% off code: P63MN8M5BA

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

November PS+
Dirt 3, PS3
Costume Quest 2, PS3

Costume Quest 2 has been on PS4 for two years and they're only giving the PS3 version? Lame.

I would still recommend people pick up Dirt 3 and Costume Quest 2; they're both great games. CQ1 is more enjoyable if you've never played it before, but the sequel was good too and didn't get much respect on release.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Does anyone know why the individual hitman episodes add up to cheaper than the season 1 bundle? Even at full price...

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

They don't. Episode 1 is $7.50 while the 5 other episodes are $5 each. Season pass is $30 so you save $2.50

Oh, I thought there were only 5 episodes, not 6. The store sale page lists ep. 1 for $7.50 and then episodes 2, 3, 4, and 5 for $5 so it was a little confusing.

Edit: ep 6 is listed but they were sorted by popularity so it was apart from the others.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Drawful 2 is finally on sale for $3! I'm only buying it to be able to draw with two colors.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

That sucks, lol. What a pretentious game. Who even is it for? I spent ten bucks for somebody to ventilate their relationship baggage in a half-assed hiking sim

Now try Gone Home!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Popular Human posted:

PS Plus games for January are:

PS4

Day of the Tentacle Remastered
This War Of Mine: The Little Ones
Titan Souls (cross-play)
The Swindle(cross-play)

PS3

BlazeRush
The Swindle

Vita

Titan Souls
Azkend 2: The World Beneath

another pretty meh month, although I've always been sort of interested in This War of Mine.

Pretty excited for Day of the Tentacle. And Titan Souls looks interesting at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

It's too bad Jackbox 1 isn't on sale. If you don't have any Jackbox games, the Party Pack 1 is the one to get. There's a couple bad games in there, but the combination of Fibbage, Drawful, and the full version of YDKJ 2011 is good fun.

I'm bummed that Pack 3 is $16 and Pack 2 is $10 in this sale. Both Pack 1 and 2 have been $5 in previous sales, even shortly after release. I was hoping to pick up Pack 3 at some point for cheap, but it seems like they're becoming less inclined to do deep discounts on those games than in previous years.

• Locked thread