Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I never played Grim Fandango, so I'll give that a shot I guess. Don't really like Double Fine though. I doubt I'll ever play Hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm getting really good at buying PS Plus games on PC two weeks before they show up on PS Plus for free. :argh:

Helldivers is great though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've never heard of Nova-111 but reviews call it :mediocre:. Has anyone played it?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Helldivers is good but I'm getting tired of PS+ games being games I bought on pc two weeks earlier. :argh:

I'll probably poke at Nom-Nom Galaxy and Nova though, which is more than I can say about last month's stuff.

Watrick posted:

Are any of the Helldivers DLC necessary for the game?

No, they're all sidegrades for existing weapons and stratagems except the snow boots.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nova 111 is pretty okay! Helldivers is great, but I don't think I care about Nom Nom Galaxy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm glad Broforce is winning because that's the one I actually want to play but am too cheap to buy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

El Hefe posted:

for real this time weakest month yet for ps+

Full Lineup

Broforce, PS4
Flame Over, PS Vita
Galak-Z, PS4
The Last Guy, PS3
Reality Fighters, PS Vita
Super Stardust HD, PS3

Since I only own a ps4 this looks pretty good to me. At least I'll play Broforce; last few months have been pretty underwhelming for the PS4 stuff (though to be fair I already owned Helldivers).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

axleblaze posted:

This current bitching is especially weird because I mean people do realize we got Broforce because people voted for it, right?

Most people didn't expect it to be broken.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I apparently will have had a PS4 for a year in April. Where's the cheapest place to renew PS+?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have to the end of March so I'll just keep an eye out then. Thanks! It wouldn't be possible to get a PS points gift card on sale and use that to buy it through the store would it?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leyburn posted:

AAC is very good and the level of polish puts Broforce to shame.

How much of a bullet hell is it? I saw someone describe it in those words and it immediately turned me off but I guess I don't really know.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cartoon Man posted:

Everybody grab this now before it's gone, deal of the year on PSN credit. You need a paypal account for the deal to work. Cross posting from the video game deal thread:

Whoever was asking for discounted PS+, here's your chance, use it to renew.

That was me, and thanks! I'll grab that up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't believe I'll get to play two old classics on the PS4 next month.

When I was a child I read a hobby magazine hyping up ET. It included instructions for making your own atari controller. For ET.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Syrinxx posted:

Wow an actual full title for PS4 and not some pixel graphics indie poo poo. I'll definitely kill some zombies in London for free, thanks Sony

Yeah I was interested in that back when it was on the Wii U but I never bought one, so this is nice.

quote:

The best Infamous is First Light you morons.
Try to play as Delsin instead of Fetch in Arena. It sucks.

I played First Light before Second Son. It's hard to go play as Delsin after, Fetch just plays and flows so well. First Light might actually be my favorite PS4 game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SpacePig posted:

I'd been wondering whether First Light was worth it, since it was just Neon powers, but I'm seriously giving it further thought.

While it's just Neon powers, it's a much more fleshed out and interesting moveset, with more to do than any particular power set in Second Son. It only has a handful of things in common with how it works for Delsin. The Arena mode is awesome too, and if you really want to you can play as a maxed out good or evil Delsin in there too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SectumSempra posted:

Hell you feel like more of a hero in first son and second light than you get to in arkham knight (arkham city was good tho)

The Hero ending of Second Son where all the citizens cheer you on and help hold back paramilitary forces to let you through in particular.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm going to just assume Shutshumi is garbage.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

axleblaze posted:

There's not a ton there but for what it is it's pretty fun.

Oh, that's a surprise. I'll take a look then.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

housemarque's new game, follow up to resogun, its if xcom was a 4 player co-op twin stick (local and online coop) with also invasion of other online players like in souls.

housemarque is known for their insane use of lighting and particle effects, great arcade gameplay, and amazing post launch support and expansions.

here's the trailer before this post gets more gushing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1RFO0Aa5s

I wasn't interested in this at all assuming it was another lovely TSS and now I am, thanks. The problem is Dark Souls 3 will consume all of my time forever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well Zombi sure got boring fast.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah it turns samey really fast. I'm guessing you finished the palace? That's about where I started feeling fatigue.

I just got there and realized the guns were useless in the face of heading to the nearest doorway and swinging the cricket bat every now and then. It goes through enemies so it hits entire crowds to the floor at once. It has a neat idea at least.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Armored Core 1 for a buck fifty, that's really good.

As a ps4-only haver seeing all the good stuff I want on everything else bums me out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I didn't buy Tropico 5, so that's pretty great. Is table top racing anything interesting?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a straight port of a mobile phone game so, uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOiE0LCu6J0

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rirse posted:

Couldn't resist the deal on Jackbox 1 & 2 for :10bux:. I had a blast playing it with friends, and it would be easy to get up a game going with the streaming feature.

Picked up Jackbox 2 as well, mostly for fibbage and quiplash.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kirios posted:

I wouldn't normally do this, but seriously, don't bother with Aaru's Awakening. It's a terrible game.

Edit: On a side note, what's everyone's worst PS Plus game they've played? One that you turned on for 30 seconds...immediately went "gently caress this." and deleted.

Mine is Futurium EP Deluxe...one of the worst games I've ever played. Tabletop comes close but man....Futurium just sticks in my head as a game that was a complete was of bandwidth.

Either Futurium or Aaru's Awakening come close for worst. Super Exploding Zoo was pretty boring too. Shutshumi sucks and Woah Dave was fun for five minutes at least. Dragon Fin Soup seems like it'd be ok if I could muster the effort to play it. Limbo was bad too.

The actual worst is Ether One though. The game is just plain broken on PS4. Crashes, bugs, locks you out of poo poo, and it corrupted my save. It apparently works fine on PC, however. That soup game was pretty boring too.

quote:

Other honorable mentions for me: Hardware: Rivals, Contrast, Mousecraft, Entwined, Secret Ponchos, Stealth Inc. 2, Sound Shapes, Super Exploding Zoo, and Hohokum.

Hohokum and Sound Shapes are ok, neat for a little while, but not nearly as lovely as Mousecraft and Entwined.

quote:

What about games that people would otherwise of written off that they ended up getting the most amount of play from? Probably Steamworld Dig and Towerfall for me.

Never Alone plays like rear end but the rest of it is super cool and I really liked the cultural videos. Unfinished Swan was good too. I had played them already but Helldivers and Guacamelee are great buys no matter what. Tropico 5 is also awesome, way better than 4.

Man, there really are a lot of super lovely indie games on PS Plus huh

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 26, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

Lichdom takes the grand prize though, being an almost full price game that struggles to hit 15fps on consoles.

I got that on Steam and for thirty minutes it seemed really cool until I realized every spell was going to be the same thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In Training posted:

I'm not gonna call it a bad game but I couldn't get into Unfinished Swan. I don't know if the whole game is that world painting mechanic but I didn't really like that

It mixes it up some every level, but if you didn't like how it started you probably won't like the rest.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kirios posted:

With the amount of overwhelming "support" it got are we ready to claim Dragon Fin Soup as the worst PS Plus game of all time?

It might be unbeatable, but does it crash and corrupt your save too? If not then Ether One wins by being most brokenest.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rirse posted:

PS+ Freebies for June announced. The leak was real.

NBA 2K16, PS4
Gone Home: Console Edition, PS4
Echochrome, PS3
Siren: Blood Curse (Episodes 1-12), PS3
God of War: Chains of Olympus, PS Vita
Little Deviants, PS Vita

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/31/playstation-plus-free-games-for-june-2016/

That sucks for PS4 but oh well, I'm still playing Tropico as it is anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

univbee posted:

Hmmm yes, really lovely of them to be giving away the best selling sports games in North America, only barely being outsold by Call of Duty.

Is it? I thought it was supposed to be pretty bad.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

univbee posted:

Maybe you're thinking of EA's NBA Live? NBA 2K (by 2K Sports) is well-regarded. 2K16 has a silly storyline mode but the basketball game itself is really good. Last month the only sports game which outsold it was MLB The Show 16, which is much newer.

I guess I must be! I'll check 2k16 out then.

quote:

i kind of want to download the game just so i can make this my only trophy received

That's a good trophy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

El Hefe posted:

Yeah and you have several waifus, you need to be careful though because if you date them all at once then on Valentine's day you're in for a treat.

My dribbleman's only love is the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

dwarf74 posted:

My wife and I played through Gone Home tonight. It was real good.

I'm glad we got it through Plus because we probably never would have specifically bought it. But that was a good 3 hours.

It was an excellent five minutes but I sadly was unable to get the Homerunner trophy..

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a fairly shallow action RPG with demon summons and the story is mostly about the exceptionally heavy implied lesbian romance between the main characters. I didn't regret buying it at launch but $25 is a much better price for it.

I have to do every boss.

Have to.

HYDRO STORM
HYDRO STORM
HYDRO STORM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

unl33t posted:

The Last of Us, Telltale's Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, sports games for the 2016 version of buying Dad a tie.

Can't believe I didn't mention Yakuza!

Bioshock Infinite, Fallout 4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wanted to like MM a lot more than I did but it was just too repetitive even ignoring most of the side missions. It all felt really clunky too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In Training posted:

It's a short, fun puzzle game that I revisit every once in a while. I backed it though and liked it before it even came out so that's probably just confirmation bias on my part.

I got it on PC, played through at midnight, and found it really effective. Especially reading the rules for the games it asks you to play that mirror the actual gameplay. It's one of only games to actually unsettle me.

I never figured out how to get hiding to actually work though, so I mostly just did laps or screwed around on ladders. :v: This was at launch too, so the sanity meter when in the endless hallway thing was bugged and never ran out.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Picked up Surgeon Simulator for 2 bucks. Paragon's starter pack is also free on PS Plus if anyone cares; I don't but grabbed it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Surgeon Simulator using the controller's motion controls is a touch of genius.

I'm so sorry Bob.

• Locked thread