Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

The Unravel reveal was basically just like the no man's sky reveal in that it was a super nervous indie dev who was excited to be on stage in front of the crowd for the first time. Only NMS is a concept with a scope that is probably too big for the game they are likely to release and unravel is a more personal project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I want to say Saints Row 4 gave me about the same level of technical frustration on PS4 as on PS3 which, for me, translates to "not enough to ruin some of the most fun I've had in an open world game." I also like SR4 maybe a little too much so keep that in mind.

E: plus the dlc is great and besides the new stories you can turn the dubstep gun into a swingtime gun

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Yoya posted:

what are you getting at. use your words

That you already made such a terrible argument that you can't be taken seriously. It's not that hard to piece together.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

How about instead of making GBS threads up the thread we all recommend games?

I think everyone should play either infamous first light or second son.

Flawed but loving fun and still hold up visually.

I second this. Since playing the first Infamous game after the hack I've been hooked on super-powered open world games. First Light is particularly great and the arena is fun as hell.

Saints Row IV is also a pro pick.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

If you need a good jrpg then Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth has BanchoLeomon and takes gameplay cues from SMT (i hear, dont normally play those) and Final Fantasy X.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

All the infamous games are honestly good. There are few better hero game series, they aren't perfect but all above average and worth a play.

I would say the only game that has managed to scratch anywhere near the same itch as Infamous has is Saints Row 4. A lot of it is in the mobility aspects of the gameplay along with the fact that the Infamous powers are often like stylized arsenals. They are mechanically fairly similar and I enjoy the hell out of both series largely different tones.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

juliuspringle posted:

Anyway, Watchdogs isn't really that bad once you lower your expectations to the Ubisoft setting.

I think WD has a number of problems that are pretty unique to it as far as Ubisoft open world's go, mostly stemming from how hosed the writing was. To Assassin's Creeds benefit there was never a cell phone so that they could contradict the cutscenes in order to make the mc look maybe not so terrible. Then there's the aside with Bedbug that ultimately doesn't do anything for the plot. Then there's the late game villain of about 2 or 3 missions that just wastes your time and only plays out into anything meaningful in the dlc.

If watch dogs feels like it can maybe be a good game to anybody who picks it up you should check out the dlc.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

At some point I'll probably get a Pro because I'm a dumb baby who is jealous that my dad's PS4 has actual buttons on it. And while I'm at it I may as well get a better machine.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

what the hell is everyone's problem with these buttons (legit bug aside)? are you all blindly fumbling into a dark hole to mess around with your console's USB ports or something? it's not that hard to go through life without accidentally pressing a button.

For me I generally prefer the certainty of a button press and the feel of it. The PS4 has it a whole lot worse than the original PS3 though, since it's such a small space and I feel like the auditory feedback is a lot more inconsistent. I never had an issue with my fat PS3's capacitive buttons until it yellow'd.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Yossarian posted:

Yeah I had to read that a couple times, but I was like "uh no they didn't..."

There was a joke rumor that it was pulled due to the Orlando shooting and I could see people missing the part about it being a joke.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Play Arkham City, Arkham Knight is a bad game.

Yeah really just the first 2 are worth the time. I would even go so far as to say Origins is more worth the time than Knight, but Origins doesn't have a pending PS4 release.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

...! posted:

Childhood? gently caress that. I made three characters in DS3. I decided to use my first character for the DLC since I beat Soul of Cinder with it but stayed in NG at level 80, then quit the game for a few months before starting my second character. I loaded up my first character and my first thought was "what the gently caress was I doing?" The character was terribly statted and terribly geared, to the point that I have no clue how I beat the game with it. When I realized that it was going to take several hours of farming to bring the character up to snuff for the DLC, I decided to go with my SL 220 NG++ character instead. Ended up being a wise choice.

80 is pretty low but you could probably have at least eased the farming by respeccing at Rosaria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Jackbox Party Pack 3 has, among other things, a Quiplash version aka the best game by them, TeeKO, a game that allows you to make shirts you can literally buy, and a slasher themed trivia game with a side of loving over your friends, so it's good fun.

Really excited for This War of Mine. It looks like the kind of dreadful, tonally, that I am all for.

• Locked thread