Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Yechezkel posted:

Oh, I guess PlayStation really is going to compensate for the downtime:

:shrug: okay, I'll take it.

I can't wait for the offer of one free week of plus :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Quote-Unquote posted:

Beyond Two Souls is way better co-op than solo, especially if you're playing with someone that wants to make Jodie all serious. Every time ghost pal gets control, it's time to ruin everything. I don't regret burning that shithead teenager's house down one little bit :colbert:

I never forgave Willem Dafoe for setting me up with that book of Poe and telling me the girl was going to love it

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I use that paper boats one or whatever and I think it's pretty good. that, the Journey one, and the 20th anniversary are what I rotate between

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I feel like IX's encounter rate was way lower than some other FFs. Like I ran through entire areas encountering like 1-3 mobs sometimes.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Is Lego jurassic Park good for 20 bucks? Does it have coop and some good Lego humor?

Lego Jurassic World is amazing since it has all four movies and the ability to play as dinosaurs. also for the audio they literally just ripped clips from the movies, and Jeff Goldblum's laugh is in there. 10/10 for me. me and my wife enjoy it a lot

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
Heavy Rain was a decent enough interactive novel with some good puzzles until the ending where the origami killer is always the ex-cop no matter what and nothing in the story actually supports that development .

I liked Beyond Two Souls though, since I wasn't taking it super seriously

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I was playing Helldivers listening to my teammates chat and one guy was playing on his Vita and another guy was interested in it and the first guy maybe convinced him to get one.

there isn't more to this story. just a Vita sighting in the wild, I guess. someone is convincing others to pick them up

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I really liked the co-op multiplayer in Uncharted 3, so if they have that in Uncharted 4, I will probably hit that up on between playing Rocket League.

I liked the competitive modes too, but at the end of the lifetime, it became one team of randoms vs. one team of guys who knew where you were going to respawn in and left grenades there all match

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
we will not know that we have another Good™ month of PS+ until those detractors and holdouts come in and tell us they finally decided to resub.

by which I mean when we finally get GOTY Knack

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

Guacamelee is nice, but it's good to know in advance that it's linear as a loving ruler and once you've played it once, that's it.

it's not really that linear if you're going for getting all the collectables. story-wise, sure, it's not quite like Super Metroid where you can do things in a bunch of different orders, but there's plenty to do backtracking with new powers to get more stuff. plus, the extra challenges to get the mask pieces are usually pretty good.

and if you're a trophy whore, there's always the hard-mode trophy.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Eulisker posted:

They will find a way to cram trophies into ps1 games and sell them to you again.

I can't wait for my ludonarrative dissonance trophy in Crash Bandicoot for killing 500 turtles

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Nobody liked Chloe. Pretty sure that was the point.

Get out.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
honestly, living in Oregon, the only weird thing about it is she almost certainly flew into PDX, and you're not catching a shuttle into "rural" Oregon from there, much less in only like an hour and at midnight.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

I really wish that I had noticed that, maybe I would have bothered to read at least one page of anything.

And another thing about the story is like, most of the intrigue of "what happened to these people?" dies out because within the first two rooms you find out that oh, the parents are just on vacation, but then the rest of the story doesn't elaborate on anything further other than telling you about the lovely sister until the very end, where it reveals that she's gone home

it's kind of amazing how little of the story you actually got right

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Fix posted:

How much of Gone Home is voice narrated versus read text? I ask for the enjoyment of another person who will be observing but at the same time as surfing the internet.
there are 24 voice journals to find that comprise the main story, but a great deal of the background and supporting details are things you pick up and read.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I can cancel at the 13th day and then register for PSN a minute later? The reason I'm asking is because I ordered a 12 month PSN card for$40. But it's in the mail and I want my PSN now! :(

if it's in the mail, you can just register now and add it on to your subscription when it gets there, unless for some reason it's going to take 14 days

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Oh, so I still get the 14 days free? In other words if I enter the year subscription it won't start counting it until after the 14 days are up?

in almost every other situation, it tacks on to the end of whatever subscription you have, so I would think this wouldn't be any different, but I don't know for sure

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Next month could be Bloodborne, Doom, and The Last Guardian and people would still find a reason it sucks.

"Where's my indie twin stick shooter this month Sony?"

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

axleblaze posted:

The Lego one, which, while fun enough, still isn't a game that should be the best in your franchise.

I can vouch for this. The Jurassic World Lego game has all four movies and is a lot of fun, especially for couch co-op if you're so inclined. Also a pretty easy platinum if you're interested, too. Really it has something for everyone. (Buy Lego Jurassic World.)

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

theres a bunch of different sets of secret poo poo to collect that you find like 2 of 10000 while playing normal

there are help markers, secret tokens, skyscraper tokens, hideout tokens, buoy tokens... and help markers are the only ones marked on the map.

I just explained all this to my brother-in-law the other day, and why I never even tried to 100% it. my favourite was grabbing a mook and swinging up to the top of the Empire State Building so I could piledrive him down to the streets below.

:black101:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bogart posted:

It's 2016 and you still can't ask the Download List to sort by system. :negative:

This was in the OP

Yechezkel posted:

A script to sort and parse the download list in the webstore is freely available. After logging into the webstore, you can either use the Chrome extension linked on the homepage, run a userscript or bookmarklet, or enter this script into the URL bar:
code:
javascript:$.getScript("//repod.github.io/psdle/psdle.js");void(0);
Type in "javascript:" in case the browser cuts it off. Click on the blue logo after entering in the link to start the script.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
honestly, Quest For Booty is okay as a free add on with Into The Nexus, but I'd have been just as okay not playing it after I finished, and I can't imagine paying anything for it. it's just missing a lot of stuff that makes the series good.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Jolo posted:

The difficulty settings on Furi are pretty crummy. I got stuck on that third boss so I figured I'd turn down the difficulty to see more of the game. I was hoping that turning it down to easy would let me take a few extra hits or cause the boss to take fewer hits to get through each phase.

Well, instead it limits the third boss to just the first phase. You fight through the shields and then the fight ends there. Really underwhelming experience. In addition, if you want to retry the third boss on normal you have to restart the entire game and play up to that point again. Beating it on easy overwrites the old save on normal.

sounds like you need to get good

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Shnag posted:

Yeah I decided to buy it. Considering it was one of the games that made me get a ps4 instead of the one (I played the 360, never had a ps3). Looking forward to trying it later, though I can't see the multiplayer being active, not that it matters as I forgot it had multiplayer anyways. It looks like the main game has some pretty intense moments in it.

I'm pretty sure people are still playing Uncharted 2's multiplayer. I bet you won't have that much trouble getting games in TLOU, and it's some of the best multiplayer ever.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

kalensc posted:

I got InFamous: Second Son not too long ago on special, so far it's been fun enough. First Light is on special through tomorrow, should I get it for $9? Quick check of reviews is pretty mixed.

I never played Second Son, but I got First Light on PS+ and enjoyed it. there's a chance you might get burnt out on the formula coming straight off of Second Son I guess, but I think most people around here thought it was good

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Dang, why doesn't this $50-a-year service give me a game that still has a retail price of $40 for free? Or Knack, I guess?

as one game in one month out of 24 total, no less

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
honestly, five dollars a month (US) doesn't seem that unreasonable for online play and 2-6 free* games, but that doesn't mean people can't be mad about prices going up. at least unlike Netflix, Sony never promised the price wouldn't increase. plus there's usually at least one good game a month.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So, I see that Bound is now out and I recall seeing footage of it and it looks gorgeous and neat, but it also doesn't show exactly what the gameplay is.

I was pleasantly surprised by Furi but that was free. Is Bound worth the money or is it just all looks and no action?

a bunch of people in either this thread or the PS4 thread said that the idea was better than the execution. unless you're super into the concept, it might be worth trying to watch some gameplay video first to see if it looks like something you want

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bogart posted:

I've got an Okami code, a Remember Me code, and SFV / Mega Man Legacy codes. First to request in the thread gets one.

Just RM and MM now.

if no one's grabbed it, I'll take Remember Me (and thanks!)

edit: I should add I don't have PMs, but my e-mail is the same as my forum name @gmail.com

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 24, 2016

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Davincie posted:

just a heads up: tom clancy's endwar apparently became a free ps+ game somewhere last month cause one of the other ps+ games had been offered for free before. i hadn't noticed myself before today. it's not very good (and the multiplayer is probably dead) but free is free!

are you in EU, or are you getting it confused with the free (timed) trial of the full game that's available?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
when did they start announcing PS+ games on Thursdays, anyway? didn't it use to be the preceding Tuesday?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

mycot posted:

I only played Crash Bandicoot 3 but I remember some of the level gimmicks getting outright evil by the end. (The firefly level.)

my favourite rear end in a top hat move was in Crash 1 when they put some boxes not only behind the level start but across a blind jump over a long pit with bounce pads that wouldn't show up until you landed on them.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I just wish LiS didn't fall into the 'gay characters have to have a bad ending' trope

Even if you didn't have to have them be gay with each other.

there was no way the story was going to have a "good" ending, because it's not cool to do that anymore. the right answer is to have them drive off into the sunset together and fill in your own head canon about them living happily ever after

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

HONKER24 posted:

I was in the same boat and didn't understand the praise Uncharted 4 got aside from the graphics and to some extent the story.

The majority of the game is pretty bog standard 3rd person one man army gameplay which doesn't align with the character(s) the story tries to portray.

By the time I got to Chapter 16, I had to stop and see how many more chapters were left. Once I found out I put the game down and continued to play in spurts across several weeks until the end. I would recommend doing the same if you start to get that "is it over yet?" mindset.

one man army is one way to play the game, but if that's why you didn't enjoy it that's kind of on you because you can get by pretty much every encounter with minimal gunfire. my favourite time was when you're with Elena and you can just sprint for the jeep, get in, and drive away, no shots fired.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MisterAlex posted:

PSN/Live multiplayer. The multiplayer that: Microsoft has straight-up opened the door to, Psyonix (Rocket League dev company) has said could be done as soon as they're allowed, and Sony has said it's "willing to have a conversation" about.

so no one's blocking anything and you're just speculating. cool.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

collectibles in cutscenes

what?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

justbread posted:

This comes up in pretty much every Uncharted discussion, and I assumed it's why I hated the original game so much. But playing through UC1 again in the ND collection with more emphasis on melee combat still sucked poo poo, since Drake seems super brittle for a game where you keep soaking up bullets during combat animations. I'm probably just bad at games but playing UC1 at all feels like punishment

pretty much everything from the zombie introduction through the end credits is just inexcusably bad game design

I felt like the zombie part was one of the easier sections, since it was just run, shoot, and don't look back. the final boat was a bitch, for sure, though

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Was that the one where you had to park the jet ski to use the grenade launcher because that was bad

if I recall, that section is pretty easily beatable by having Elena blind fire the grenade launcher, which is why so many people who played it by stopping every time found it so frustrating, but I could be misremembering

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

DeadBonesBrook posted:

My Ps+ auto-renewed for a year (even though I am positive I switched auto renew off on the day that I bought it), I had no intention of renewing due to the lacklustre games the past year (only one I enjoyed was Gone Home, a game that takes 3 hours to complete).

What are my chances of getting a refund?

play Rocket League and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris instead to realise how wrong you were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

gently caress whoever thought capacitive buttons were a good idea. Nevermind the eject bug, accidentally brushing against it as well

what the hell is everyone's problem with these buttons (legit bug aside)? are you all blindly fumbling into a dark hole to mess around with your console's USB ports or something? it's not that hard to go through life without accidentally pressing a button.

• Locked thread