Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

qbert posted:

Is Xenogears playable on PS4 or only PS3?

Also, Wild Arms is one of the earliest PS1 JRPGs, so if you cut it a little slack, I think there's still a lot to enjoy.

None of the PSOne classics are playable on PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

this sale has BoF IV not III as far as i can tell

Which you should buy anyway because it's awesome and it's only $1.20

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Phantasium posted:

The US is finally getting Breath of Fire III on PSN.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/01/27/breath-of-fire-3-psp-is-coming-to-psn-this-february

Caveat being it's the PSP version, but the only real differences were the sprite recolor for licensing issues, widescreen, and slightly longer load times that won't matter if it's digital.

$10 and works on PSP, Vita and Vita TV.

That's cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The Xbox One has the wrong kind of RAM.

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FFIX is excellent but the slow battle speed does get annoying after a while, I would love it if they ported the new version to PS4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

This username is wasted on this guy

Much like the real John Romero, he's turning into the trollface

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feenix posted:

Look at all these salty Call of Duty motherfuckers. :p

What? Call of Duty is good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

univbee posted:

Playstation Vue just rolled out across the U.S. and is $10 cheaper, with the base package at only $30 a month. :eyepop:

That's in markets that don't include network channels (ABC, CBS, etc.)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

Vue is now in all markets, but does not include live broadcast channels in markets that can get them over the air.

??? New York City can definitely get OTA network channels but Vue has them included. Only certain city markets have them and that's why the nationwide rollout is cheaper, that's what I was saying

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Syrinxx posted:

Yeah I see that it's a clusterfuck like pretty much every TV related thing ever, but it's a no-brainer in my area.

Vue is $29.99

Comcast/Dish/DirecTV are like $60+ once the "HD fee" and box lease and taxes and fees and poo poo are all added up. And that's WITH a 2 year contract.

Yeah I have Time Warner which sucks and is too expensive so I signed up for the free trial to check it out, I'm in the NYC region so I can get live networks too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ucmallory posted:

For anyone that has the Slim package, how extensive are the Catch Up archives? I'd love to get caught up on Better Call Saul and Fargo, but I saw an (albeit from last fall) article online that said the archives for shows/channels were minimal at best.

Dunno but I read that a PS Vue subscription gives you access to network-specific apps which usually have more of a selection available

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vue seems alright so far, my DVR test of Jeopardy had a couple of weird skips in the recording but it might just be because of my internet being crappy. I'm getting an upgrade to 50mbps this week so hopefully it will work better, it'll be cool to be able to watch TV in my bedroom on the ol' PS3 too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mikeycp posted:

That's been happening to me a lot with ABC and just ABC.

It happened some with other channels too right after I got Vue, which was right after the LA beta started, so I'm assuming it's because ABC is new and is still being worked on or something?

Jeopardy airs on ABC in NY too so maybe it is a weird ABC thing :confused:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Baal posted:

Wait it is? I just thought it was a new game for the movie.

The movie is an adaptation of the first game too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Guacamelee is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rirse posted:

Hopefully it won't have the stupid issue it had on the PS3 where Comcast wouldn't provide HBO Go to the app.

The whole point of it is that it's not tied to a cable subscription so that's a non-issue

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Montalvo posted:

Trials Fusion is also 10 dollars; which is exactly how much cash I've got burning on my PS store account. Should I go for Rayman or Trials? I tend to prefer games with high replay value, and the last platformer I played was N++, which I enjoyed tremendously.

Both, really

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

1-3 and S&K are really good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is NBA 2K16 the one that's basically an RPG wrapped around a sports game because whatever game that is sounded interesting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MisterAlex posted:

FFXV is not Final Fantasy anymore. It's a Kingdom Hearts ARPG reskinned with FF style character models.

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super No Vacancy posted:

PSP?? no trophies no buys

Jesus loving Christ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Honestly you should play the previous games because they're good, I think Asylum is probably the best because it's so tightly designed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What the hell is going on in this thread. Why do people who post in Games hate video games so much. Every MGS game is fantastic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ramagamma posted:

In a vacuum mgs 5 is fantastic but in the real world where people have limited time and budget its perfectly reasonable that someone would bounce off it.

Hell most of it is expectation, a lot of the reason i fell in love with metal gear solid on psx was i knew nothing going in. Phantom Pain had a helluva lot more to live up to by comparison.

Its for that same reason mgs2 is a bad video game.

Jesus Christ what's wrong with you. Mods?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have never enjoyed a MGS game. Come at me bros

a shameful boehner posted:

The PSX Metal Gear was pretty awesome and contained way less of the stupid anime crap shoved into all following games.

This is seriously a permabannable offense

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

palecur posted:

The only Metal Gear I played was the one on the Gamecube, and it did the one really unforgivable game design sin: a boss fight where the boss is invulnerable until you do the correct Special Gimmick Dance the developer wants you to do, which involves psychic powers to know ahead of time. Punched out and never went back until MGSV, where I got the demo and uninstalled after the unskippable intro cutscene went on for literally 10 minutes with no sign of allowing gameplay anytime soon. I wanted to like Revengeance but it's a low-rent charmless Bayonetta.

What a shock that someone who posts in Games hates playing video games because they're bad at them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ograbme posted:

Ecco is partly inspired by John Lily, a scientist who took tons of acid and met aliens in a sensory deprivation tank who told him to teach language to dolphins.

The Dollop episode on this is amazing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Titanfall 2 has a really good single player campaign in addition to fun multi so you should get that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

irlZaphod posted:

Sorry for the double post but there's a Buy One Get One Free offer on the EU store right now for PS3 and PS4 games. Not sure when it started but I haven't seen it mentioned in here. It looks like there's some good stuff in there. I already have Witcher 3 and TLOU. From what I've read here, Sleeping Dogs is good, right? I'm tempted to pick it up with maybe Dishonored 1 since I haven't played either.

Sleeping Dogs is great, it's my favorite GTA-style game that isn't GTA

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Renoistic posted:

Cool, thanks. And it controls fine?

I can really only allow myself to buy one game from this sale, and I'm deciding between Doom or Bloodborne. I don't care about length of the game, just the experience, and Doom seems like a hoot.

Bloodborne is a god-tier game but Doom is great too. I'd buy both but if you have to choose one make it Bloodborne

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Renoistic posted:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'm leaning towards Doom, especially after watching some Bloodborne videos. It looks like a game I should like in theory but might end up hating in practice.

Have you ever played a Souls game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Renoistic posted:

I played Demon's Souls and Dark Souls for a couple of hours but couldn't get into them. I hear Bloodborne is supposed to be the best in the "series", though. I normally enjoy character action games like DMC and Ninja Gaiden, but there was just something about the old Souls games that didn't click with me. That combined with the harsh checkpoint system made it hard to bother with the effort. I really would like to get into the series though.

If you didn't like DeS or DaS you probably won't like Bloodborne. It's a little faster paced than the Souls games but not anywhere near the pace of DMC or Ninja Gaiden. The checkpoint system is basically the same as well, just replacing bonfires with lanterns.

• Locked thread