Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

There's a secret question that they haven't bothered to tell anyone about now and they actually implemented it properly(don't loving show secret questions and answers you dumb banks, insurance companies, everywhere). Don't use real personal info of course. Might help in the case of future recovery if there really is a breach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Awesome! posted:

dont you think if their db was getting hacked and unhashed passwords stolen we would all be here bitching about it instead of just you?

Yup, he literally described a phishing attack, right down to the password change notification that didn't change anything. The guy messaging him on PSN was just to add to the authenticity.

(I still changed my password, PIN and added a secret question because who really knows with Sony and it's easy to do)

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

Woah Dave!, easily.

Woah, Dave! and Road Not Taken are tied for me. Honorable mentions: Tower of Guns, Never Alone, Race the Sun, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled, KickBeat and Shutshimi.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

I enjoyed Shutshimi, as stupid as it was. The idea of a fish with huge biceps still makes me laugh because I am a child.

It seemed to have some funny elements but the gameplay is total trash and not worth suffering through.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

game is good but not must buy unless you have a coop friend in mind, thats where it really shines

Co-op'd all of The Following and would definitely recommend vs. solo. Too much driving back and forth across the huge map to do it alone.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

axleblaze posted:

Seriously, why do all the console makers do this? Do people really like a choppy yet visually more complex interface more than something quick easy and straightforward? Is it just marketers that convince everyone to do this?

Don't forget Steam. It's a huge pile of garbage for display for no good reason now as well.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Gone Home has always been a touchy subject. It got a raft of poo poo when it came out that it didn't deserve. Just have to expect it whenever it's mentioned.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Platforming adults:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOqSxr5M-9g

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Shnag posted:

I bought Arkham knight, I know its not supposed to be good as Arkham City, and the DLC isn't worth the original asking price, but I am hoping its worth the sale price. Considering I almost spent this much a few months back on the base game. Since this isn't the PC version, and I liked all the other Arkham games, I think i should like it.

I didn't play anything since Asylum(except a tiny bit of City which I hated the open world crap) and I liked Knight for the pricing error I got it for. It's got some silly poo poo in it but I wasn't burned out on Batman like I think a lot of people were. Still think Asylum is the best.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Why can't they make the PSP version of Final Fantasy IV for mobile. The 3D version is so ugly. :(

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Fix posted:

How much is Towerfall? I just went and bought it last night. Welp.

$7.49

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

univbee posted:

It's an actual PSP version. Earlier the dev released a legit 386/486 DOS version; he's definitely serious about this game being on as many platforms as possible. I'm like 80% sure this'll get a limited UMD run, too.

Maybe if he makes it on enough platforms it will magically become good. Doubt it though.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

axleblaze posted:

...and the endless complaints about getting decent games continues.

Like do people have specific problems with the games on offer or do they just have a specific price point in mind and don't actually care about the games?

It's almost as if people really don't like compulsory fees, even when they're getting something with it.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Comic posted:

Also I'm not sure it's really a 'fee' when it's literally the price of a subscription service and not something added on. I don't pay a Netflix fee, I pay for Netflix.

It's a fee to play online and you get free games with it too. I'm not going to subscribe to any subscription for just a lottery of games each month, I didn't during PS3 and I wouldn't now if online wasn't part of the deal. I can say that I've been pretty happy with the most of the months I've been subscribed with at least one game I was interested in but the free games really just help soften the feeling that paying for the privilege to play online sucks. It also helps that you pretty much never have to pay full price for it and $35-40 is pretty cheap if you're willing to stay on top of your renewal date(which I need to check here, it's been awhile).

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I saw the GiantBomb guys play Tricky Towers, really want to play that now. Love weird Tetris-like stuff(along with Tetris).

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Popete posted:

Yeah I have bought plenty of things on there in the past but I had to delete my old expired card and tried adding a new one and it kept saying it was invalid. Then I ran into this issue with every other payment method.

I guess Sony really does not want me to play more Battlefront.

Typical suggested workaround is buy a PSN wallet card from Amazon and use that.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

NOOOOOO my shantaember is ruined

Nope, good for at least 4 months. :haw:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

That's not what you call it?

(oops)

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

CrashCat posted:

you make an awesome fort and protect a core from dragon quest baddies

So it's a tower defense? :(

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Bogart posted:

Anyone here use a Chromebook? When I try to access the store on mine, it gives me this lovely half-mobile interface. Any workarounds to force it to be normal?

Mobile version of Chrome lets you request the desktop site, I don't see why the version on a Chromebook would be any different. If it has the Developer Tools, you can also use those to change the user agent.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 19, 2016

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

From the Neo leak stuff way back when:

Eurogamer posted:

No online segregation between consoles: If a PlayStation title supports online features, they must be deployed equally on both systems. Developers cannot have Neo-only servers. We believe this may actually introduce gameplay balance issues if, say, the Neo version hits 60fps while the PS4 version is capped at 30fps.

So multiplayer fps must be the same(Naughty Dog confirmed this earlier this month) and no "Pro-only" multiplayer features.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

U-DO Burger posted:

I have to stand my ps4 upright because when it's lying down the system will randomly enter rest mode. I'm guessing that's also a problem with the buttons?

Your PS4 is broken, get it fixed.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

There's still no reason to pre-order it though. Just wait until people actually have it and see tangible benefits.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Agreed, I enjoyed BL2 and Destiny as shooters. Had nothing to do with loot. I'll never understand people who get so obsessed with having the biggest numbers, but I guess those sorts of autistic/ocd leanings are common with gamers.

Not sure how you can group these two together if it's not the loot because BL2 shooting is dogshit and Destiny's story is pretty nonsensical.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 23, 2016

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

DR. SMOOV!! He's the best! The Awakening of Optimus Prime is good too.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I was including xims in my comment.

XIMs started on 360 I believe.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I was worried the game would be too easy and repetative but now it sounds like a mountain to climb for someone who haven't played the previous games. But I do it anyway.

It's fine and super easy and you don't need to know anything going in. I hadn't played one since Asylum and breezed through Knight.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

I was messing with my PSN accounts last night and just found out that apparently I have :10bux: on the account I never use anymore. Is there a way for me to transfer that (or buy something and gift it) to my current account or is that just money lost?

The best you'll get: Make your PS4 the primary console for the account you never use and buy something with the $10 and then you should be able to use it on all your accounts on that PS4.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Bummer, I was hoping to use it to buy DLC for something since I mainly buy physical now.

I'm not sure how that stops you for physical. Just play it once on the account you don't use and now you "own" it and can buy the DLC? Won't the DLC work on the same PS4 with other accounts?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Little Bitch Man posted:

It was fun for a bit until you play games like Prototype and see the 'open-world superpower' stuff done 10x better.

10x more uninteresting too.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Little Bitch Man posted:

I'll pick fun over 'interesting' any day.

Then you're surely not talking about Prototype because that game is just a rehash of the much better and more fun game(except the last boss), The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Nov 11, 2016

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

I got to the final boss of Crackdown with no way of getting to or actually hurting him.

It's been ages, didn't he have some gimmick?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Ineffiable posted:

Go to every Walmart and see if you can find tf2. It's supposed to be 30 dollars in stores today too

Just use the website, it will tell you if it's in stock for pickup at local Walmarts, otherwise don't waste your time unless you just have to have it now. There will be more sales all the way up until and after Black Friday.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

cage-free egghead posted:

Yeah for whatever reason I cannot get the PS store to log in with Chrome, always gets some sort of error after I input my password and 2FA.

Delete all your cookies for *.playstation.com and login again and it will probably start working.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Ooh, this reminded me to check if Invisible, Inc. was out for iOS yet and it is. Seems like it would be a great game on my iPad. I think I'm sorted for games for Christmas vacation this year.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Just checked, no bots in private matches. Capturing hard points as the only person in a match is pretty stupid. :D It does say Beta still, so maybe they'll add them but whether they'll let you level with them is a different story.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

MisterAlex posted:

Instructions are here.

Or you can sit and watch the stream normally. I initially tried doing it that way, but it refused to give me credit—even though I left it unmuted and in full-screen while I went shopping.

Too much clicking and searching, just enter:

$('.quest-wrapper').addClass('completed')

in the console(hit escape if you don't have it up), the first time and after each time you claim a prize.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

HONKER24 posted:

There's a 20% off discount code tucked away in the latest email newsletter from Playstation.

Can you post a screenshot of the top of the email or something? I don't have anything like that so far this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Are all those codes the same when they send them?

They're unique, my email came in a few minutes ago.

• Locked thread