Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Asked this in last three right before it got shut down...

Amplitude or Rebel Galaxy hitting that night at 9pacific?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

axleblaze posted:

So did A Boy and His Blob not come out this week?

Edit: never mind. It's there now

Is this a good game?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's not difficult or anything (unlike the original game, which hates you and everything you stand for) but it's super adorable and also has a button dedicated to hugging.

I don't require that my games are hard. I do like them to be fun, though...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Yechezkel posted:

Japan store:

Demos of Crypt of the NecroDancer are already available there, along with the full versions:
PS4 demo
Vita demo
I'll check it out later. Screenshots show a mix of English and Japanese.

Wait the full version is out for Crypt in Japan?! Was it known it was releasing earlier there? Also trip report on the understandability of the Japanese demo for this dirty gaijin.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Nom Nom is clunky. And I already own Helldivers. But you guys are gonna get at least one good game this month! :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are any of Tuesday's PS4 games going up Monday at 9 pacific? Basically are any up for preorder?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

barren_sky posted:

Gravity Rush is. I already have it pre-loaded.

Is good? People talk it up a lot so I want it but I just still don't really know what kind of game it is.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

flesh dance posted:

Wow, thanks everyone! These are all good suggestions that I'm down with. Now that you jogged my memory I remember both Journey and Hohokum being things I wanted to play at the time!

Not necessarily. :) I have both of those on Steam and love them. I've just never owned a PlayStation (or any Sony console) before and was curious about what exclusive stuff I might have missed. They really don't like porting stuff to PC, haha. My bf got his dad's old PS3 to finally play Demon's Souls, so I figured I should take advantage of the situation.

Arty and great and a little more action but still
Extremely chill:

Grow Home.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Awesome! posted:

i think he means the game is loving hard and you have to put in some effort to learn the systems or you will get hosed up even on the first levels

It's also fun as poo poo once you put a few minutes into understanding it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anything on preorder hitting at 9pm PST (12 Midnight EST?) for PS4?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

i like frontline and nature

in chapter 2 you get a power that makes the ship and its upgrades pointless and the fights begin to get clusterfucky in a really annoying way.

Lies.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Montalvo posted:

I'm the loving conductor on the hype train for No Man's Sky and will buy it like a drooling idiot on June 21st, even if it means selling a kidney.

Wassup my dude. I'm right there with you.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
No Man's Sky has legit some of the best box art I have seen in forever. It's SO Prog Rock Album Cover.

It's just great.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Look at all these salty Call of Duty motherfuckers. :p

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pablo Gigante posted:

What? Call of Duty is good

Hell yeah it is. I just felt like being equally reductive.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It is worth noting that a lot of the previews mention the performance is not so great" on PS4. Hopefully that gets shored up.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I got my 150 for 109 but instantly realized I hadn't updated my shipping address in PayPal post-move a month ago and immediately emailed the seller.

Fingers crossed I can salvage.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineffiable posted:

Hey its cool, those are codes that are emailed. Sold by ebay/paypal digital services.

Got them emailed to me and redeemed a hour ago.

Oh word? Mine says delivery on 3/21. We're both talkin bout the eBay PayPal 50 for 43 and 20 off over 100, right?

[Ed] What time did you order? I ordered several hours ago and no word yet. The seller is paypal_digital_gifts, right?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 14, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Shadow of the Beast gonna be any good? We know?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

axleblaze posted:

Downwell showed up this week. If you haven't played it, it's a really fun game that's easily worth the $5 they're asking for it.

I'm guessing if I loved it on IPhone but wished the controls were not touch... That this would be the ultimate?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah I bought it. Controls make it better with an actual controller. Good stuff!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know it's like a rite if passage to complain about plus freebies but a sports sim seems like a bad choice. Like only a segment of players would even give a drat about it, even if it was a very good game. And that same segment of "carers" probably bought it, mostly.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jolo posted:

Some Kojima length cutscenes in NBA2k16. Also Lee's writing is about as blunt as it could possibly be and your team owner comes across like an unhinged psychopath. That cutscene felt like it was a half hour long. God drat.

Lee is either just an idiot hack anymore or he was like "gently caress it, Videogames, what do I care?!"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Uh-huh huh huh huh!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

axleblaze posted:

Quick, someone buy Energy Hook and tell me if it's good

IDK... for me... given that half of the allure of a Web swinging simulator is the fluid animation of the person swinging.. I'd say this is a fail just based on videos. The animations look like a goddamn GI JOE toy strapped to a piece of yarn.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FishBulb posted:

Is there a food write up somewhere about modes and stuff? In curious what they are putting in it.

I preordered. I didn't see a theme.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah poo poo is down.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I don''t mean to sound like a cheap rear end in a top hat, but as someone who has bought Don't Starve, Reign of Giants, and Shipwrecked on PS4... is the price for DS:Together REALLY 14.99??

I mean... isn't it just basically the same game but with friends. (Which is awesome...)

[edit] Weird. The MegaPack includes all games and DLC (and "Together" for 10.79. Guess thats my jam.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 13, 2016

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So was the discount code from Play2016 supposed to be 12 characters? Trying to redeem it on the PSN Store right now and it's giving me the "nah this isn't a long enough code to even enter into the system"

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineffiable posted:

It's ten and it's supposed to go in a discount box during checkout.

Also you guys who ordered abzu and bound, you guys are like me and the system isn't showing you ordered abzu and bound despite that you did. It's a glitch.

Hit up the chat and provide them your account name and order numbers for abzu and bound. They'll get you straightened up like me.

I don't see said box. Can you not do digital preorders?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

that was in the fine print

Ah thanks. Lame.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I still don't really know what Thumper is.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

El Hefe posted:

If they weren't VR none of you would be playing any of those poo poo games.

But they are VR. So we will. So... what's your point?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MisterAlex posted:

He's a bunny rabbit. :v:

I tried it out at Best Buy yesterday, and it was pretty fun. It's pretty much a rhythm game with pretty visuals.
According to the guys at Giant Bomb, it feels really huge and encompassing when played in VR mode.

But I mean. You're on a single track and it kinda just does it's thing. Is this like old-school rhythm games back when poo poo just happened/played and you either press the button at the right time, or you didn't? Or is the interaction deeper?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

rabidsquid posted:

between tomb raider already having a pc release and it seeming to be underwhelming compared to the last one i'm not really too surprised it's not headlining or that nobody seems particularly fired up for it

Seeming to be underwhelming compared to the last one according to who? Almost every review I read said that it took what was a great foundation and added MORE, including much more tombs.

I'm fairly excited for it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

rabidsquid posted:

oh, im sorry, i forgot to source my quote. its the video game sherpa, wisely esteemed expert.

Nah, smartass. I honestly just wanted to know. I'm reading great poo poo about it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Honestly, it's not revolutionary or anything... but it's so great that VR has a demo disc. Gonna be nice to suss out what works and doesn't work for each of us... or just what sucks or rocks...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

univbee posted:

Some, but they're more the exception. 100ft Robot Golf is one of them.

Thumper is another. New Rez, too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I know Trackmania Turbo was going to have VR. But is it going to be launch-day ready?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The only reason I ever preorder anymore is being on the west coast I can play on a Monday at 9pm instead of later on Tuesday.

• Locked thread