Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Store is partially updated.

PS4:
Amplitude (and demo)
Hardware: Rivals
Grim Fandango: Remastered

PS3:
Dragon Age: Origins
Medal of Honor: Warfighter

PSVita:
Nihilumbra
History Legends of War: Patton
Grim Fandango: Remastered

Obviously, make sure the price is $0 when purchasing PS+ titles.

edit:

Pardot posted:

This link is good because then you can just click click click all the fantastic games each month https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES
Is now updated, which is nice.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Pardot posted:

This link is good because then you can just click click click all the fantastic games each month https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES
Usually the last thing that gets updated during store updates, though.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

In Training posted:

Is there any restriction on purchasing M-rated games digitally? Would it be entirely possible to buy Dark Souls III with my Japanese PSN account?
Dark Souls III is rated CERO-D so there won't be any issue.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Yechezkel posted:

If I'm reading this right from the machine translators, avatar sets for Raven and Yunica are only available with Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation magazines, if you're lucky enough to access all that.
If you really want those, you can purchase them via digital book stores, like BOOK☆WALKER offers Weekly Famitsu including promotional codes and can be paid via PayPal. Obviously as you said, avatars are restricted to the account that owns them.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Edit: I'm dumb, EU Easter PSN sale has been going for awhile apparently.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 27, 2016

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Hamsterlady posted:

Dark Souls 3 doesn't have a purchase option on PSN. Guess this isn't a game that unlocks for purchase at midnight?
It is, but they tend to take their sweet time in swapping out the preorder entry for the release store option. I purchased a preorder copy 5 hours ago or so just fine.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Watch Dogs isn't really a "bad" game. Everything in it is competently made, it's just mediocre.
Even if someone thinks Watch_Dogs is a bad game, most of the digital trips in it are amazing. Alone, Conspiracy! and Spider-Tank are all unique and great fun.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Rocket League, Rayman Legends have couch multi-play and are fairly simple as well.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

CrashCat posted:

If anyone signed up for this, check your email today :toot:
Yep. 5 GB download (or at least base download). :toot:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

SpacePig posted:

Aww yiss. :woop::woop: Just checked, and I got mine, too. I'm excited to try this out. I hope the saves work in cross-save, because I've go this pre-ordered for Vita.

e: How long does this last again? I'm not sure I'll have as much time as I'd like for this this week.
Ends early morning of May 10th.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

http://gearnuke.com/ps-plus-june-2016-leaked-for-ps4/

ps+ for next month is supposedly nba 2k16 and Gone Home
Looks like this is legit, at least unless they change their mind. I checked the assets for that newsletter and there's an unused image for it:

Original URL: http://image.playstationemail.com/lib/fe8e12717267007872/m/19/ps6em02_0525_nl_05.jpg

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

enojy posted:

Wow, unless their website is acting up, the E3 theater tickets in my area sold out in 4 minutes. I tried to get tickets for my roommate and myself, filled out the information, "an error occurred", and now it's wait list only!
Apparently(?) the mobile site is a lot better right now for ticket registration. Thankfully I did get one in for myself in the overloaded site nonsense.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

Really? I absolutely hate subtitles; they always distract my eye from what's actually happening on screen, which in something like the Witcher 3 is awful because so much of the subtle animation tells a story.

Do you always have subtitles on in movies, too?
So turn them off. The problem here is having them off by default means someone can miss out on dialogue (especially in games that default them to off and start instantly with an opening cutscene or something similar), whereas on by default means you're just annoyed and turn them off at the first opportunity.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

...makes sense I guess. I wasn't being intentionally rude, I just never realised anyone used them unless hard of hearing or maybe if the spoken language isn't the player's native tongue. It always pissed me off when a game has them on for the opening scene without being able to turn them off.
Better options for this would definitely be better, it's only just recently (that is, in the last 4-5 years or so) that providing subtitles for games has been a consistent thing and the standards haven't really been put into any sort of place as far as I've seen.

Developers are still bad about it too. A lot of games still don't bother providing subtitles for ambient dialog, which is very annoying.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah, what happened with the thing on 360 where you could set default control schemes for everything? Seems like controls, subtitles, volume levels, gamma etc. would be really suited to being system wide and just tweakable in game.
I was really hoping that would make it in this generation across all consoles, but at least on PS4 it didn't happen (don't have a XB1). Then again, Sony still doesn't bother to provide a X/O toggle and still lets developers hardcode it. :v:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Watrick posted:

Apparently the line-up for PS4 has leaked on a Polish site, so I can't confirm legitimacy. We're getting SE:Gat Out of Hell and Furi.

https://m.facebook.com/playstation.hu/photos/a.216072821746172.53846.211709832182471/1227649947255116/?type=3&theater
Paragon as well is in that image. Seems legitimate.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Is Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood bad or good like Gunslinger?
Call of Juarez is a bit of a strange series. Two of its games, The Cartel and Gunslinger are pretty much standalone from the first two games, Call of Juarez and Bound in Blood.

Bound in Blood is my favorite Call of Juarez game. It would probably help to play the first game before playing Bound in Blood, but should be great on its own as it's a prequel to the first game. Bound in Blood also features probably the best cover system in a first person shooter that I've seen in any game.

I highly recommend it.

A bit of a warning though: I've only played the PC version.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

So Yakuza 5 is currently Free for PS+ on EU PSN. Error? I have no idea. If you're a EU PS+ subscriber, might want to grab now it in case it's a mistake.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

It may be that EU is getting a different set of games for PS+ this month, at least for PS3 games.

Paragon Starter Pack
Furi
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Prince of Persia: Revelation
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Fat Princess is currently not listed as Free for PS+.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 5, 2016

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

the truth posted:

Digital codes from Amazon don't count towards the $100, do they?
Codes that add funds to your wallet which then is spent on the PSN store, yes.
Codes that add games to your account, no.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Looks like a new sale started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Minidust posted:

What is the nature of the Bloodborne DLC? Description makes it sound like some sort of side mission. Is there content that would mess with the game balance for a first-time player?
Many new areas to explore, some new enemies, and new bosses. New equipment as well. It's more Bloodborne, some of the best Souls DLC content as well.

It's technically two DLCs worth of content as well, since they decided to bring two planned DLCs into what is now the Old Hunters DLC.

• Locked thread