Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
I bought the masters pack because i'm dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
Should we official server switch or what? This is a common problem every game launch with goons I just kind of feel like even being on the 2nd most popular server wouldn't be that bad. When you queue for PvP is it a multiserver queue?

edit: hour queue times as premium is cuh - raaaazzy.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
How's the population on Old Man Cho?

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
I think that after the first month queues will be very low or non-existent. For the first 3 weeks or so I could see them being pretty bad still. It's too bad we can't server transfer later.

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/688088097955811328

I think PvP is cross server, I don't know about PvE stuff though

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
I'm not surprised it's like this, I'd just like to be able to play reliably this month, so personally I'll be rolling on Cho with another goon for now. If i'm with the game by the time everything normalizes I guess I can just reroll?

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

DancingShade posted:

Seems pretty busy, no stability issues and won't buckle under the hordes of people flocking to "the big one" (Mushin) for the next several months.

Happy with it.

Great, i'm coming over. I'm just here to PvP and thats cross server anyway. I have a bunch of founders pack crap. If I log into OMC is it all going to x-fer on that character? I'd rather hold off on that stuff until I watch the queue on mushin for a while and see what goons are up to.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Kylra posted:

I'm pretty sure it's in your mailbox.

Is your mailbox server specific? I just don't want them bound to a certain server atm. How does it determine what mailbox to send it to?

Edit: thanks for the edit you answered my question :D

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

sinewave posted:

"you cannot create a character on this server" - Mushin

O..Oh. Did they disable character creation or..

edit: old man cho is telling me i can't create a character there.. what in the actual gently caress

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Don't even know where to roll a character at this point. I guess I could go Poharan or Inwan and abandon all hope of playing with goons, heh

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

DancingShade posted:

Just roll wherever if you want to play right now. If you still want to play with a specific group of goons then just wait for all the poo poo to settle down, work out which group ended up where and server transfer later (probably for cash). Unless you happen to be on the same server anyway.

If they said 'yo we will have server x-fer available in a month or so'. I wouldn't give a gently caress where I rolled tbh.

edit: i'm still going to take your advice and just roll a character somewhere and chill though

teknologik fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 16, 2016

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

fadam posted:

Just deal with the queue time you babies. Splitting the population always sucks.

When the queue is like 3 hours long before official launch even it means some of us 'dealing with queue' = not playing B&S. I have limited time. It's not that simple.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

fadam posted:

I'm not sure where you guys are getting three hours from. My buddy got cutscene glitched like 20 minutes ago and he just got in.

im not sure how he only had a 20 minute queue

:crossarms:

Really it's not a big deal playing with goons is not a dealbreaker on this game for me so I guess it's not going to ruin my enjoyment of the game or anything, although it does make me sad.

Joining Jiwan if any other goons join lemme know and we can at least friend eachother and bitch about queues

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Have fun on your dead servers not named mushin, better luck in your second launch day mmo.

Thanks, I'll be playing the game instead of staring at a countdown timer for the next month.
When you get in enjoy trying to compete against 1000 other players to complete quests.

I love the launch rush but my time is more valuable then that.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Mushin is still the right choice, f2p is coming up sure. However, two weekends from now there will be no queues, and on other servers no mans to kill in the open world. If you only plan to play this game for one weekend don't play on mushin I guess.

Jiwan seems incredibly active on all channels and I somehow doubt it will be dead in one weekend. I know some of you are really stuck in preaching that everyone should just wait out 1 hour + queues, but it's definitely not the right decision for everyone.

Chill a bit and let those who are rolling on side servers do their thing. I don't regret giving up the queue and just playing somewhere else.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
If your client isn't launching after patch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/41c4he/how_to_fix_nonlaunching_client_1252015/

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
37 summoner, been on Jiwan a bit. I dont see 'Thallia' online at the moment but I'll try to shoot you another message later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
How is the clan on Jiwan? I've been 45 for a while just too lazy to get a invite.

• Locked thread