Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Reserved Pyrite and Oil on Mushin. Don't know which one I'll use yet. :v:

Oh god why didn't I go for Fishing Pact? Has anyone taken that yet?

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Velveteen posted:

I must be the only person who keeps oil sliders at the minimum because it looks all weird to me.

This is specifically why I turned them right up.

Also if the characters are running everywhere I assume every PC stinks like an athlete covered in three day old sweat :v:

Probably going to play the martial artist because chinagame.exe

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Man if the premium headstart people get long queues I can't wait for the butthurt then the F2Pers hit a brick wall in a couple days :v:

... just like Archeage all over again :ohdear:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Until three weeks in when the hype has died and the game is a ghost town on all servers except Mushin!

Considering how tits and anime it is, I can see a hardcore fanbase keeping it going regardless of any other factors.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Made a new character on the Old Man Cho server because I can see Mushin being a bad loving idea once the F2P people rock up.

New character name: Oiled Up :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pierson posted:

Wow, that's a little cheap of them.

Chinagame.exe

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

teknologik posted:

How's the population on Old Man Cho?

Seems pretty busy, no stability issues and won't buckle under the hordes of people flocking to "the big one" (Mushin) for the next several months.

Happy with it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

teknologik posted:

Don't even know where to roll a character at this point. I guess I could go Poharan or Inwan and abandon all hope of playing with goons, heh

Just roll wherever if you want to play right now. If you still want to play with a specific group of goons then just wait for all the poo poo to settle down, work out which group ended up where and server transfer later (probably for cash). Unless you happen to be on the same server anyway.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There's no farmville this time so who cares if you end up on a server that dies eventually? You just transfer off and lose nothing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder, if I were to just queue up to log in then go to bed, if I would be in game when I woke up in a few hours. :v:

No because nobody is going to log off. Just like in Archeage.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
No idea if this is common knowledge of not: Spam all the emotes under F12 to get "Life of the party" as an equippable title.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anoia posted:

How long before they wise up and add an afk time out? Place your bets now.

You realise adding an AFK timer does literally nothing right? You just run in circles by jamming a key down or have a basic repeating macro of a few random button combos so the game thinks you're still active.

Hell in Blade & Soul you could do all that in a private instance too, so nobody can even write about the evil bad AFKer running in circles in the inn or something.

Need I say... just like Archeage? :v:

Point I'm trying to get across is that if you rolled on Mushin you're hosed for the next few months.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Getsuya posted:

Well since all the goon servers are full guess I'll just have to roll up a character on the good old Unofficial RP Server. I've always wanted to sit around in a public area spending 3 hours listening to some guy describe his character's backstory or flirting with girls who are actually guys.

Oh man, I can only imagine what this game is going to attract considering the horrors of Tera and STO. You are going to find so many lesbians ERPing.

By which I mean dudes ERPing with other dudes exclusively, but god help you if you point out Lolita McElftits and Jailbait Squeakyvoice are actually a couple men. It ruins their immersion you see.

Also by immersion I'm talking about their erection.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's amazing how many good names are still available because you can use multiple words.

I just made an assassin called Oil Massage. :v:

Didn't play one during the beta so time to give it a whirl.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Brain In A Jar posted:

If I want to breakthrough my weapon, do I just need to keep running Blackram Narrows over and over again until either the boss drops a plagued weapon I can use, or I get one in the end chest?

Because that's, uh, not fun

Yes. I reached the same point, did it once and went "yeah... ok" then stopped.

The issue is that the weapon you need isn't tradable so people can't toss their unwanted on the auction house.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

Man there is really no good reason for costume drop rates from dungeons and even arguably wheels to be as low as they are in the western release. They are worth a penny, can't be salvaged, people in the west aren't playing in pay by the hour cafes, and they're not even in the cash shop so there's no annoying a player into spending some money. There is nothing for them to gain by having rates so low and nothing to lose from raising them. I think I'm well into the realm of wild statistical improbability on Dura's costume at this point, assuming even just a 1% drop rate.

There's a fantastic* reason - to get you to give up and spend cash money in the cash money shop.

*Fantastic for NCSoft

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Det_no posted:

No player mailing unless you've paid (what the gently caress, seriously).
Limited AH listings.

I'm pretty sure these are good things. How much spam mail have you received from bots in game so far? I've had zero.

Now compare that with the Archeage experience :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

0.1% drop items are poo poo, actually. Especially when they are something that has zero possible impact on the game's economy. The fact that MMO players are broken people doesn't mean that's actually a good system.

There is no accomplishment in luck.

I did two black narrows today on an alt and saw an outfit drop both times. I won the bidding on the first run.

I didn't even want the outfit but it sounded cool :shrug:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't touched this since a couple weeks after launch. Is the leveling process still gated by RNG weapon boxes in certain dungeons thus pushing you towards cash shop consumables or can you level without wasting loads of time on rerunning content forever until you get your class weapon?
(gently caress black narrows)

I'm assuming it's still like catching your genital and/or soft parts in a car door because they want to sell the instant 50 thing advertised on the website.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Good to know - thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I got a free 50 gunslinger out of that promo event thing recently. Well, I got the email and did whatever to get it anyway.

Might try briefly playing this again since as you folks say, RMB is a lot better than all that fiddly crap the launch classes had.

• Locked thread