Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Could you put that EU goons are gonna be chilling on Windrest we probably aren't going to have massive numbers but better to at least be able to chill out together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

cathead posted:

edit: Updated EU stuff too, sorry I'm a disgusting american and sometimes forget there's a world outside of my lovely country.

Then why are you playing a wuxia game huh?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Argas posted:

Oil should be buff you can toggle at-will.

Hakan class?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

crew posted:

Will this game crush my soul and will to play like Swordsman did?

It's a theme parky MMO do you enjoy:

Doing PVE dungeons
Fighting in arenas

Either with an active combat system that is pretty cool and some classes (assassin) that can tip the whole combat dynamic on it's head?

If so you'll have fun

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

Do you get any neat stuff or bonuses for a founder's pack?

asking for a friend

Early access
Premium currency
Premium time
For the higher levels:
Cowboy/cowgirl outfit
Weapon skin
Name/character reservation.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eu Goons (or just the other EU Goon) Any opposition with going RED FACTION

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Krakatoah posted:

Not much here, on the other hand I'm trying to mentally decide between Destroyer or Blade Dancer as a first character and I'm wondering if I just want the first founder's pack or if I want to go full swing and turn into some kind of Yasuo knockoff.

Actually, is there a pirate costume in game?
I'm going rear end or KFM, probably rear end first as it seems easier to solo with.

Yo Cathead Put EU goons down for Red Faction

When name reserve comes up ill also give a name or something.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Arzachel posted:

I have no idea what the factions do, but the first red outfit sucks. I guess they make it up with that cool rear end coat and literally being the bad guys from Karate Kid?
Factions matter for world pvp outfit and guilds, they have associated dailies for currency too

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgJvd4fK94 This seems pretty cool.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

It seems that KFM abilities can be specced pretty heavily into life leeching and self healing, I suppose this is one of their main tank mechanics?

That and Counter

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

im having a hard time deciding between blademaster and kung fu master

Kung fu, you're welcome

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

fadam posted:

Do we get to make characters for name reg or no?

Pretty sure Yes

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I forget, can you upgrade founders packs? I see myself playing this for a good long while, from my experience with the foreign servers.

Yes, go to the buy page while logged in I think.

https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/206139206-How-Do-I-Upgrade-My-Blade-Soul-Founder-s-Pack-

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Even though I can play both, I am completely incapable of deciding between Assassin for Summoner. I tried Summoner during one beta and liked it quite a bit but could do next to nothing at low-level PvP, which isn't even my focus.

Do you care about PVE?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

PvE is 90% of what I'm going to do until pvp is fun and rewarding. I just love me some dumb ninja poo poo.

Well summoner is PVE supportey and assassin is Raw Damage/solo king

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

cathead posted:

Assassin can also spec for a couple of pretty nice party support skills, and Summoner has really solid damage, especially once we get 50 and hongmoon skills. They also both serve the "party stealth" role which is key for some endgame dungeons. So they're actually not all that different from one another in terms of damage and support.

The real difference is in the playstyle specifics (pet-based ranged aoe vs high mobility single-target melee) so I think I'd just pick which one you have more fun playing and don't worry too much about the other details.

Pff like I am speccing support when I can just solo everything with INFINITE STEALTH.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7qFSVPzQqQ

It seems they also covered the "Emo Shouty Video" before anyone else too.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The Latter, though with the outfits you can get some good chances for dynamic tears.

((Your pvp flag is an outfit you wear which is related to different factions, some people put on the outfit without realising this)0

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

This is not true, I did that and then I met a weird pink elephant.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'm glad anime machine gun hatsune miku is a boss of the game.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blackram-supply-chain/

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

im going to see Hatsune Miku in a few months

im not lying about that

Could you get her to sign my Daikimura?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Rare footage of Firewhizzle in 1v1 arena: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pxk5bhWOnY

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'll be making one on Red faction though I'm probably gonna invite people I find cool as I'm not sure we have enough EU goons.

I'll be Gale Tayuun and I'll be on discord/you can PM me if You for some reason can't find me in game.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

On Eu that is Gale Tayuun Or just poke me in discord

PS. We are on Windrest - Red faction

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

THIS IS NOT YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE FOR SOME REASON THEY SHOW THE TOTAL QUEUE, YOUR ESTIMATE AT THE START BEFORE IT CHANGES SEEMS TO BE CORRECT

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well the first part is 100% True as we have people getting in before their queue on the screen finishes.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

EU Goon guild is up, Whisper Gale Tayuun or Message me on discord

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I'm not 20 on Assassin yet but yeah this one might be too complicated for me based on the PvE I've done so far :downs:

Assassin is really simple:

Your goal: Be in stealth and do the RBF (4) combo, just alternating between right click and F

How you achieve this:

Use 1 to charge the enemies back, you can do this either by moving around, using tab or backing away while stealthed (they won't turn for about a second)
Poison them then use 1 in stealth
Trait 3 in stealth to return you to stealth
Dodge an attack with 2 or Q
Use tab while unstealthed on a poisoned enemy

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Akujiki posted:

So is it just clans that require same faction, or can you not even form groups with people on opposite faction? On that note, any other goons at 45? Tried doing Blackram Supply Chain with pugs, didn't work out super well, wondered if people were going to get groups together.

You can group with people cross faction and cross server

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 19, 2016

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Akujiki posted:

Thank god. Knew about cross-server, wasn't sure about cross-faction. Means my blue rear end isn't cut off entirely, hooray.

You can also change faction for a few silver, factions only really matter when you put on your outfit and for clans (which are mainly there to support PVP)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Why is the EU guild red team? It seems like every single pubby on the server joined red team and is wearing their faction colours, I kinda want to swap and murder them.

Because no one said anything so I made an arbitrary choice, we can easily change if people want but just go red for now and hang with the other like 8 of us.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Freaksaus posted:

Wait, I hit level 20 yesterday and I haven't seen any dungeon yet, did I miss a quest somewhere?

I think he means the place with pinchy

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

El Cid posted:

For the premium simple refiner you need the regular refiner, and then the "paulownia sap" which is actually "yulan magnolia sap" (must be some sort of translation inconsistency that they didn't fix yet) that you can gather with woodcutters once you discover it in the Songshu Isle, and then you need viridian quartz which you have to gather yourself from the nodes you can see on your minimap.

do not waste your pickaxes on small (or even medium) nodes

Small: 1-2
Medium: 3-4
Large: 5-7

Large are so much better to hit if you can

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Still debating between BM and BD for my next character to try, now that I'm home from work :v:. I know BM is one of the 'accepted' tanks, but now that I've seen a couple of dungeons, what does that actually entail? Near as I can tell autoattacks aren't especially a thing, so much as gimmicks and AoEs everyone has to bail out of.

For that matter, what does BM get that BD doesn't that allows them to play that role? Is it just the +aggro traits in the book?

BD dosen't have an actual block AFAIK

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Skwee posted:

Alright, thanks.

Maybe I should reroll to get my keys back then.

Just play

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Skwee posted:

fine, maybe i will

Good.

State of the game at 45:
Selling Cinder transformation stones is hella cool
6 man dungeon is pretty cool (I wish the music while waiting for pohran played during her fight)
24 man is kinda snoozey but it's basically a daily questing zone
World PVP is wierd as assassin.
Brightstone is hell.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Anyone had any luck with brightstone ruins soloing as an assassin, I feel my weapon needs to be upgraded with at least 1 moonstone upgrade so I can keep up (my damage just seems too low)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Liberatore posted:

I hear talk that Warlocks are overpowered as poo poo, but beyond that it's fairly even at 50.

AFAIK that was before the balance patches we are getting.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Weissritter posted:

The story so far is oddly compelling (In the early 20s).

As an assassin, what are my PVE options? I put points to make shadow strike have a 3 sec CD, and the RMB skill not break stealth on attack (which is hilarious for chain stabs).

Also, any space for the goon guilds on Mushin? In game as Selianna.

Your basic go to is:

Turn your 1 in stealth into shadow drain to refresh stealth

6s cooldown on your 1 charge (out of stealth)

Source of poison (poison mine is pretty good)

Heart strike down to 4 on the left path

That is the core you need to get poo poo done

You can then buff and spec your F to the right path for extra focus and grab various other things
https://bnstree.com/AS/4J3x7okZl This is a good build to work from, the only change I made was taking points from mist slash into skull sunder for a bleed while soloing

For general tips:

Get used to going infinite on stealth on bosses you can generally use the following pattern:

Shadow drain-> break stealth and hook kick (tab) -> backstep and charge into back ((always breaking/backstepping right at the end))

This gives you 18 seconds of stealth using abilities with about an 18 second Cooldown or less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

So..I'm levelling up a Kung Fu Master, and a little lost as to what sort of build I should be going for to help me survive and dish out the deeps. Any guides out there?

Max level or levelling?

• Locked thread