Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

cathead posted:

I'd say for most classes you can get a decent sense of how they play by getting them to 20-ish. Some of them need way more levels and skill points to really come together though.

Leveling in this game is extremely easy, to the point where it can be kind of boring on some classes. It's pretty fast though and if you stick around until cap you'll find the PvE dungeons and PvP arena are both quite fun and have some nice depth to them.

leveling is actually so easy it was nerfed compared to korea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Stream today, talking about new Chargen options and a few other things, including crafting.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

A Bunch of Old Men posted:

So this game looks pretty neat and everything I have checked up on says the combat system is amazing. I played Age of Wushu for a good while and I was wondering if any of you guys and gals that played Wushu could tell me if the games are comparable besides the whole wuxia-themed stuff. I don't play MMO's that often but what I liked about Wushu was the combat and the dickery that you could get into with other people. Side note that character creator looks like I could have a lot of fun with it.

combat is basically wushu's but more streamlined/fightan-ish, cant be as much of a dick but there IS world pvp (voluntary) and lots of 1v1/3v3 dickwaving. There aren't 'schools' so much as actual classes, but the BD&BM is basically wu dang and the kfm is a mix of beggars and scholars.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Hey cathead, sign me up for Shanghai Goon for launch/headstart

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Is it to late to nominate Gon with the WindWalk for guild name NA?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Do BM moves, aesthetically, have a lot of focus on lightning or is it mostly sword poo poo?

I really like lightning and am sad that FM apparently has none to call upon

BM has the lightning but BD has utterly anime levels of flash and lightnings

FM has fire and ice

KFM has Fists

Deso has some fire bits

Assassin has shadow and wind

Summoner has flowers (and lasers)

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

khy posted:

Yes, but I've seen phrases like "Interesting and well-designed PvP" and "lack of a holy trinity" so often that my brain filters them out without realizing it. My eyes did linger on 'It gets pretty grindy' which for a KMMO could mean many different things.

So I figured I'd just ask in the hopes that someone here would give a good summary.

yes a summary would be"check the OP again" because that literally has a summary.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

9foxtails posted:

Well, if discovered why no founders pack for me. Digital River runs the payment processing and physical and billing address don't match due to living abroad. It was the same problem I had with FFXIV ARR, until they released it on steam. Guess the only way for me to play is the "grindy" way. Hopefully, it is good enough to keep me interested.

honestly i'd say the same thing i always do to anyone looking at a new F2P. try to play betas and (failing that now obviously) stay f2p unless you or some guys you've played with before recommend it. BnS is certainly my cup of tea but i freely realize it might not be everyone's.

if you like: Cheezy Wuxia punchmans, 1v1 arena dickwaving, or CRAAZZZYY movesets, you'll enjoy this game. In my opinion.

Edit: as far as keeping you interested once you've started, leveling is easy and can if you poopsock it be done in a single day of play (by which i mean 16 hours of grind and knowing a few tips along the way). expect to quite comfortably hit 45 within 2-3 days of 'usual' levels of playing time, 5-6 if you're the type who can only spare a couple of hours a day to punchman pixels.

HapiMerchant fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 14, 2016

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

9foxtails posted:

Sound good. So the game is pretty accessible. I'm planning to level up over the course of a few days. However, if I plan to grind it out, would you please detail the finer points of "poopsocking"? What brands and cotton blends hold maximum volume with minimum leakage?

the rule i was always told whenever i asked was "ignore sidequests til level 9 or 10, and then only do the ones that give 1K+ xp"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeCCiZ4_WwI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ictMQ1oZrpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOiF_2bj12M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liSSb6qAk5w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3zQ-KHHmM0

For the avid depends user, check these out. Do note that these guides also assume you are A: premium user and B: using cash shop combat xp boosters (aka more xp for mob kills) and also contain major major story spoilers

I wouldn't advise poopsocking this badly unless you had a 45 or two from cbt. if you're fresh, enjoy the ride. its the most wuxia plot i've seen in a while.

HapiMerchant fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 14, 2016

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Stormgale posted:

I'm glad anime machine gun hatsune miku is a boss of the game.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blackram-supply-chain/

don't forget you can steal her hair and wear it as your own (dyeable, even!)

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Bombogenesis posted:

To what extent can I pretty princess my summoner's tiny cat?

quite heavily. there's multiple cash shop costumes entirely for the cat as well as lots of loot drops in game. the cat has an head slot and a body slot for costumes. any more details and you'd have to ask cathead.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

2DCAT posted:

Basically uninstall now if you chose no oil. This game pretty much lives and dies on the amount of oil you can glop on your toon.

I always thought it was a sweat slider :stare:

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Anarkii posted:

Someone on reddit wrote a script to scrape character data via the public APIs and the spread of population is pretty hilarious

Mushin 50.46%
Jiwan 10.52%
Poharan 9.27%
Old Man Cho 7.09%
Master Hong 6.21%
Soha 4.80%
Yehara 3.91%
Iksanun 3.63%
Hajoon 2.30%
Juwol 1.81%

I have no idea why they decided 10 servers was a good plan instead of like, 3-4 and increased capacity per

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

If those figures are accurate, even those with Master Packs will likely have queues of several hours.

not if you are lucky enough to be able to be up and awake the minute it launches so you can :getin:

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
1220 people in premium queue, and it keeps jumping up. You'd think they'd realize that 10 servers is a bad idea and they should've invested in say double server capacity

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

TyrantWD posted:

With such a ridiculous imbalance in population, server transfers off Mushin are going to be the only way to resolve this.

that or a server upgrade for mushin. They can't possibly have not expected this and the server schedules are only going to prevent more not actually solve the current issue

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

fadam posted:

Frick, even after a relog my main quest is fuckered. It's telling me to check Soha's tab, but there's nothing marked on my map. Does anyone remember this quest? Where's the interactable?

it's either on the table right in front of her OR it's in your inventory, irrc

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

sinewave posted:

whats wrong with having a character the size of a pea in pvp? bottom out all those sliders in character creation dawg

hitboxes are equalized but if you wanted to :goonsay: you could argue that smaller characters can be ahrder to keep track of to the human eye

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, I realized that, but Shadow Dance doesn't seem to have any conditions at all, so I'd sort of expect it to always appear.

its just one of those things you gotta memorize. Q for Sins is nice for getting behind folks fast

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
We all know the real endgame is costume grind, right?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Akujiki posted:

By old gear do you mean old soul shields or weapons? Green+ should be fed unless it's a breakthrough or evolution item for your class. Soul shields should be broken down for fusion powder.

If you're big on pvp use anything but your Hongmoon weapon, even broken weapons work perfectly normal in pvp so no durability loss.

They've patched it so pvp does not inflict durability loss

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Posting for the benefit of all 45s

For those wondering how to get Poharan to spawn in the 24 man, you must kill the MAIN THREE bosses 3 times each, thats' slashimi, sobo, and jangum 3 times each

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Alright then which of BM and BD looks cooler / has more lightning (this is secretly the same question restated)

BD was way more lightning

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/151218-scheduled-maintenance-%E2%80%93-1212016/

more servers lmao

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

No One You Admire posted:

This is a weird feature to have in the game.

careful, people can be pretty report happy if you beat them in pvp/steal their mobs/somehow anger their pubbie sensibilities and your profile is even slightly risque

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Anarkii posted:

I haven't seen updated data but the profiles scrapes earlier had blade master being most popular with force master being least.

incorrect, mushin scrapes showed BM and FM in the lead with Deso being least played

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Lemming posted:

Story spoilers

After talking to karate man and telling master hong to suck my dick, does the story stop there or do I just have to get to 45 first? The only quest I have is the letter that says I'm a weak baby and I need to get stronger, but I'm only 44 so I thought it could be either that or this is as far as the story goes in this update.

Gotta wait for 50 before seeing delicious Yura and karate man again

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
For those excited by the story, be very hype for the upcoming 50 patch and subsequent story there. Assuming they gave us the (better) CN version that ended up being put into KR anyways and not the original KR version, poo poo gets exceedingly real

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

slev posted:

The worst thing about this game is how hosed up the scale of some things are on the minimap.

your location is the point of the arrow not the middle

KittyEmpress posted:

I literally just got to 19 and all my points so far have gone into LMB, besides one into RMB. I'm not sure which tree to go down on my RMB yet, all of them have interesting perks.

They are, apparently, the first group content of the game, meant for multiple players! You can queue up using the statues outside, or cross realm queues.

It goes a lot faster I'm sure.
would you believe they are entire-ably soloable, quite quickly, and that it was an actual meme in cbt if you got hit/couldnt solo it?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
just gonna leave some dynasty Poh-riors here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J466BxjdKnQ

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

tyblazitar posted:

I'm having some problems figuring out the soul shield enhancing thing since nothing in the game seems to tell you how it works. Specifically, how do I know whether I can use a specific shield piece to enhance my current soul shield? It seems like half the ones I get don't work and I can't figure out why.

Set A cannot be used to improve set A. if you have, say the stalker set from the first wheel, you cant use that set to improve it. you'll need a differently named set. note this applies to different rarity, same name...so for instance, the endgame blackram supply sould shield (purple) cant be fused with the blue version of said set

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
if anyone wants to have fun, try setting smooth camera movement to 4 in settings

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Riftling posted:

Argument against buying outfits for real money. I got this from Blackram Narrows last night:

The shoulders clip the front of my face, the legs clip with each other, and it's not even centered on my character. I would have never bought it if it cost actual money. Some pubbies were in a copper-fed bidding war over it and I slapped down 30s on it after a few minutes. They apparently couldn't fathom that much money existed in the game (never mind dailies at 45 throw gold at you), and one person was so mad he left the dungeon before even getting his payout. I'll always remember that salt as long as I wear it.

and there will always be the people that will wear the Stinger costume forever because they spent hours killing some giant scorpion for assless chaps

expecting costumes not to clip is asking far too much. my own love is that the free drop costumes are often better then cash shop

nothing here except the hair is cash shop, and it looks amazingly edgy

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Gearhead posted:

The Blackram, in a funny way, seem to be some of the most honest and straightforward people IN this game.

Which is drat strange.

they're pirates. it's what they do. they used to be the stratus navy, and then highland central happened so now they're pirates. Gwon ends up helping you in act 4 because he owes you a debt and namsoyoo is a traitorous slut. poh and hae mujin respect you for being stronk enough to fight them. as is common in wuxia, everyone save a tiny few all have their own nuances and are not good nor evil. gently caress yonkai though.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

mightygerm posted:

There are elemental damage increase items in KR.

Here's the december skill changes we are getting on feb 10th:
http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-dec-update-force-master-summoner-warlock/

it says blade dancer changes but all i see are blade master changes. unless they're for both?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

mightygerm posted:

click on page 2

ah, i see. i dont see anything in there that's a nerf, so i dont get all the complaints LBD will become trash tier. Myabe it's just the other classes will get better so LBD isn't going to be free wins and will take some skill?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Clarste posted:

Well, they gave Dive Bomb a cooldown, which could be a nerf, I guess.

I guess. it just means you use the arguably more damaging LMB to ground folks now, which is what i saw 90% of lbds do anyways.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Endings posted:

Is there anywhere that has a decent overview of Blade Dancer and what combos into what? Just trying to get a feel for how to do it properly as I blunder into Arena. (Decent winrates against everything but assassins, so far.)

My personal build focuses on air combos and getting them as often as you can. spec 2 into stun, your draw 2 into stun, your V into a vacuum daze, your grip 3 into a daze, and your x into a daze AND knockup daze target. if all goes right, you basically never let them leave the air.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

KittyEmpress posted:

However, Blade Dancer also is the Worst PvE class, while Summoner/Destroyer/Assassin are great at PvE stuff.

I'll have you know being grab bitch is an IMPORTANT JOB damnit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Karistar posted:

It's time for one of those 'think too much into the story' posts!

I vaguely remember someone posting in either this thread or the previous thread about how the story is past what we have, but I can only conclude that the real bad guy is actually the 'Mushin' you meet at the end, and Jinsoyun is being evil to try to overtake Mushin, as a mission given by Jiwan. My guess on this is that the story goes on about how Mushin sealed away the Dark Lord by giving up his own god-like powers, but chances are he actually lost that fight and threw away his god-like powers so that the Dark Lord wouldn't get hold of it before being possessed by the Dark Lord. Why else would Mushin know the 'Dark Arts' and Yura is more loyal to Mushin over Jinsoyun, the supposedly 'servant of the Dark Lord'?

This also explains why Mushin was 'Gil'. The one that saved the last descendant of the Mu clan (Yunwa) was actually Mushin himself, to make sure that the bloodline remains alive to grab back Mushin's Legacy. Except it ended up being a part of Yunwa because of you, so he took her to try to extract the power off her.

So how does all this have to do with the current story? Well, from what I can guess, chances are you end up fighting Jinsoyun again like you're meant to, but something happens along the way involving Yunwa who is now in Mushin's custody that brings you back to the Hongmoon path somehow. So ultimately you beat Jinsoyun but then you start helping her because you realised Mushin is the bigger enemy who had been manipulating everything behind the scenes far more than Jinsoyun did. Meanwhile Yunwa's trying to get control of the Lumang Syndicate so as to bring some forces on your side, so there'll probably be a bunch of areas or a map's worth of story related to helping out Yunwa while looking after Jinsoyun, who is probably not the same as she was after you beat the darkness out of her.

This is the feels I get from knowing Wuxia-styled shows, there's always a stupid big plot twist that throws everything around the other direction somewhere (but this is what makes them great).

Mushin is legit and not the dark lord. He's just pissed his friends were assholes and didn't try to help him (Hong buggered off to found a school, Iksanun's a goddamn loving flake, Jiyan is the only nice one of the bunch) There's also the fact that Mushin's backstory predispose him towards the dark arts and revenge. He was once the youngest prince of the Naryu, given Heaven's power by the Three Sages in an attempt to produce a pure mortal guardian, only to be plotted against by his brothers and accused of treason and imprisoned by his own father, the man he'd done everything to impress. During the fight with the dark lord, Mushin threw himself into the other side of the gate, beleiving his friends would attempt to get him out the moment they could. Yura's deal is...more spotty. She's on a mission from someone, but we don't know yet (not even KR with its new act 6).

Now, if you care to know, Act 5 deals with you teaching the New Hongmoon School so you obviously go back to the 'good' side, but you don't leave the dark behind. Instead you learn the lesson Jiwan and later Mushin have been trying to teach you, Chi must be balanced by Dark Chi. Neither JSY nor Hong had the right of it, Mushin was technically correct all along.

• Locked thread