Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Not unexpected.

While I'm asking questions though, do the damage elements ever have any effect? Like, your moves do wind damage or earth damage or fire damage, but it doesn't seem to mean anything.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jan 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Clarste posted:

Not unexpected.

While I'm asking questions though, does the damage elements ever have any effect? Like, your moves do wind damage or earth damage or fire damage, but it doesn't seem to mean anything.

No, I heard its apparently an old mechanic that was dropped but was kept around for unknown reasons.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Velveteen posted:

No, I heard its apparently an old mechanic that was dropped but was kept around for unknown reasons.

Theoretically it can help with build identity, as usually (like in assassin) darkness/lightning have split theme

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Damage school is going to play a role when %increase to <school> damage comes in.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, certainly I feel cool being a wind and lightning storm swordsman, but I was just wondering if there was elemental damage boosting equipment later on, or something like that.

Edit: ^ Yeah, that.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Clarste posted:

Well, certainly I feel cool being a wind and lightning storm swordsman, but I was just wondering if there was elemental damage boosting equipment later on, or something like that.

Edit: ^ Yeah, that.

It was more for "These talents are in the same theme and you have an inkling by them sharing element"

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

There are elemental damage increase items in KR.

Here's the december skill changes we are getting on feb 10th:
http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-dec-update-force-master-summoner-warlock/

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Now that you're blue side I would love to get an invite into any sort of goon guild since being guildless is too quiet. Arkadya is my character name.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

mightygerm posted:

There are elemental damage increase items in KR.

Here's the december skill changes we are getting on feb 10th:
http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-dec-update-force-master-summoner-warlock/

it says blade dancer changes but all i see are blade master changes. unless they're for both?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Crafting in this game gets pretty confusing with all the inconsistent translation. Apparently "Premium Simple Refiner", which was just that until very recently can now be found as "Premium Lake Mud Refiner" on the marketplace, but when you buy it it's "Premium Simple Refiner" again. And when the crafting guy says you need 5 of each ingredient to make a transformation stone, apparently that means you need 1 of each? Or was that a deliberate change to make Moonstone transformation stones cheaper?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Just did the Skittering Dungeon at level 44 and was able to pull aggro on the boss as a Summoner. Got the costume on my first box too!

In the zone right before it, I got some sort of journal called "Ghost Stories of the Sapphire Basin" that seemed to be talking about how to summon a boss. Any idea what it's actually for?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

HapiMerchant posted:

it says blade dancer changes but all i see are blade master changes. unless they're for both?

click on page 2

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

mightygerm posted:

click on page 2

ah, i see. i dont see anything in there that's a nerf, so i dont get all the complaints LBD will become trash tier. Myabe it's just the other classes will get better so LBD isn't going to be free wins and will take some skill?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

HapiMerchant posted:

ah, i see. i dont see anything in there that's a nerf, so i dont get all the complaints LBD will become trash tier. Myabe it's just the other classes will get better so LBD isn't going to be free wins and will take some skill?

Well, they gave Dive Bomb a cooldown, which could be a nerf, I guess.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Clarste posted:

Well, they gave Dive Bomb a cooldown, which could be a nerf, I guess.

I guess. it just means you use the arguably more damaging LMB to ground folks now, which is what i saw 90% of lbds do anyways.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Anyone botting this game yet? Saw that mmoviper has something out but their quality is usually trash but I just can't stand leveling in games like this. I just wanna get to 45 and pvp with my tits out.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Pixelslol posted:

Anyone botting this game yet? Saw that mmoviper has something out but their quality is usually trash but I just can't stand leveling in games like this. I just wanna get to 45 and pvp with my tits out.

Botters are Scrubs. You bring Dishonor to God Emperor Lowtax :colbert:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gearhead posted:

Venomous Thrasher is the first boss of Bloodshade/Nightshade Harbor, the upcoming 6/24 man dungeon for the Feb 10 patch, in which we have to fight Poharan's grandfather in a giant wrestling ring at the end while Admiralmania runs wild all over us.

And yep. Now I need to make a hulkamania kfm.

Pixelslol posted:

This game is really loving easy to level in. Just play it idiot.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 29, 2016

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Is the Feb 10th update bringing Warlock? I'm finding out I'm a horrible Blade Master, and I really wanna try Seto Kaiba the class.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Eimi posted:

Is the Feb 10th update bringing Warlock? I'm finding out I'm a horrible Blade Master, and I really wanna try Seto Kaiba the class.

I really hope so. Force Master is fun and all, but I really want to get my dark magic on and blast dudes with the power of evil and playing cards.

Do we know if the Warlocks going to locked to the Jin and Yun?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Polegrinder posted:

I really hope so. Force Master is fun and all, but I really want to get my dark magic on and blast dudes with the power of evil and playing cards.

Lyn will have it as well.

I also doubt we'll see it on feb 10th. It's likely going to come with the level 50 cap patch.

We only have one more dungeon before that (Spiral Labyrinth) so who knows what sort of schedule it'll be like.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Polegrinder posted:

O man, I wish I could be a Gon Warlock, so I can make a 100% oily fat MTG goon. Wait...no I don't.

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

I loving love cryptic server messages.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Tyshalob posted:

I loving love cryptic server messages.

Servers are down for maintenance.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

cathead posted:

I also doubt we'll see it on feb 10th. It's likely going to come with the level 50 cap patch.

We only have one more dungeon before that (Spiral Labyrinth) so who knows what sort of schedule it'll be like.

It's kinda crazy how much stuff they seem to have put in for the lv 50 cap instead of putting more conventional levels on the characters.

There's a rather surprising list of dungeons we won't be getting until the 50 cap.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Clairetic posted:

What's the most minimalistic weapon skin for KFM? I keep finding ones that look like they might be relatively okay but then they're huge and gaudy on the actual model.

Sealed stone gauntlets, like the first green weapon in the game. I'm using them for now until I find another one. The stalker gauntlet is pretty small too, but they're bright and ornate too.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

cathead posted:

I've heard rumors that NCSoft is going to give us a character slot when Warlock drops, but I can't find anything concrete about it. Is that the case? I assume at absolute worst they'll up the cap for max character slots to 8.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

jaffyjaffy posted:

I've heard rumors that NCSoft is going to give us a character slot when Warlock drops, but I can't find anything concrete about it. Is that the case? I assume at absolute worst they'll up the cap for max character slots to 8.

From what I heard, every other region has done this, so take that for what you will.

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

yeah all you goon ex-red mushin defectors are literally scum and the most treacherous of traitor trash

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Amnomia posted:

yeah all you goon ex-red mushin defectors are literally scum and the most treacherous of traitor trash

Blame NCSoft for making it the only way to get soulstones for now. :colbert:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

cathead posted:

Tome of Exile daily chest?

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So how do I get keys? Do I really need to farm dailies for them? :psyduck: I'm level 36, and the only dailies I have available are low-paying low level ones in the starter continent which only gives one key when completed a daily. Is there a guide for key farming somewhere?

Oh, and is someone else having issues writing in clan chat / party chat?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Pretty sure you can buy keys at any general merchant for like 10 silver.

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

cathead posted:

its literally like playing a game which is much too difficult for u to beat so u switch the difficulty setting to "ezmode" but even that is too generous for u scum

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Stalins Moustache posted:

So how do I get keys? Do I really need to farm dailies for them? :psyduck: I'm level 36, and the only dailies I have available are low-paying low level ones in the starter continent which only gives one key when completed a daily. Is there a guide for key farming somewhere?

Oh, and is someone else having issues writing in clan chat / party chat?

You can buy them from vendors, and also probably get them much cheaper on the marketboard since one of the crafting guilds (jewelcrafters?) makes keys.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Amnomia posted:

its literally like playing a game which is much too difficult for u to beat so u switch the difficulty setting to "ezmode" but even that is too generous for u scum

I'm with cathead. The problem is in the (incredibly) faulty system, not the players.

You can't blame water for leaking out of a broken bucket.

Vvv- It's his posting buddy and I love it!

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 29, 2016

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Amnomia posted:

I'm really enjoying this combination of avatar and post content.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

UchihaHirou posted:

Tome of Exile daily chest?

Doesn't that give like... 2?

Amnomia posted:

1v1 me kid i will loving crush you

do NOT gently caress with me

jk im trash at pvp

I am a summoner though so I can probably pull out some bullshit win

Anyway I miss my fancy coat on red side but at this point I'm more interested in building up soulstones for my main/alts than dealing with lopsided OWPvP bullshit. Arena's better for PvP anyway. Eventually we should be able to buy soulstone pouches with Zen Beans from arena though.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'm definitely looking forward to getting paid for arena rather than doing lovely garbage owpvp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

cathead posted:

1v1 me kid i will loving crush you

do NOT gently caress with me

https://i.imgur.com/XlyW5P9.webm

• Locked thread