Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noveria
Feb 24, 2015
Since it's been requested a few times, here is a website with images/sources of all the various weapon skins. AFAIK it's current with the Western release, but I'm altoholic trash so I haven't levelled past 30 on any chars (plus my leveling partner is DEAD SERIOUS about farming that Deva outfit so Flamebrain has been staring at that field boss for like 2-3 nights in a row instead of questing) yet so if there's more that are missing here, I dunno.

http://bns.endgame.pk/

Click the gear type on the left sidebar for the images/locations.

For pretty princess dress-up planning, there is this: http://tinyurl.com/bnsdressup

Features a terrifying amount of screenshots for each outfit/cosmetic.

ETA: Oh duh, it's already in the OP. Well, I guess consider this a PSA that it's a good source for aesthetic stuff too. Found it when I was searching for understated weapon skin for my KFM (I also settled on the Stone Gauntlets like a few others) because I got sick of having weird bladehands.

noveria fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Mecharasputin posted:

Is the goon guild list in the op up to date? I've just started playing this thing and am enjoying it greatly. I've been playing a warlock thus far but am thinking of trying a different class, is 200ms too high for any of them?

I'd probably stay away from KFM unless you're really good with your reaction times, my EU friends who are playing on NA have found it to be the most troublesome class for high ping. Keep in mind they like PVP a lot though so that's factoring into their opinion, it might be less of an issue for PVE. Also note than among us we have no Destroyers so that could be worse, I guess.

I think Warlock and Summoner are generally considered to be the most friendly classes for high ping, with Blade Master as the best melee option. I have a few EU friends doing fine with Assassin in PVE too, though, since perma-stealth build keeps you out of harm's way I guess there's less likelihood of ping loving you over horribly defense-wise? Just passing on what my friend said, my sin is only 22 so I dunno.

I found this thread though, it has people rating classes based on their ping/some video comparisons/lots of anecdotes. Might be helpful.

I guess it varies a lot just due to how easily you can adapt to high ping, if you're gonna do PVE or PVP, etc. I had garbage ping in TERA (it would regularly spike above 500-1000 even though I'm only a few states from their servers) and Mystic/Priest/Sorc were the only manageable classes for me, melee was doable in some (read: easy) PVE, but PVP was a nightmare for me on anything but the healer/sorc classes. I'd imagine that same premise (cooldown based ranged/pet class being your best bet) would continue here since the combat is similarly action/iframe/combo/reaction based.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Stalins Moustache posted:

What professions should I take if I want to make a good buck? I took pottery along with tree-felling and and such earlier on my main and all I can do now is to make a moonwater pickaxe every day to earn 1.5 gold. Anything else I can take?

I think these are the best setups:

Potters/Wardens/Green Thumb/Treefeller - just continually spam request all of them and sell your excess mats since the good Pottery/SW stuff has such a long craft time, if you keep up the order spam while you're playing you'll always have more mats than you can actually use. I find the saps and soils tend to sell quickly. No big bucks unless you save up mega stacks, but it's something!

I have Radiant/Stone/Prospecter/Forgekeeper and it works largely only because I have an alt with the previous setup feeding me the necessary Refiners for gem pouch crafting. But I craft 1-2 Brilliant Hexagonal pouch per day and sell them for 8-9g (I don't bother opening because if you get a poo poo roll then you lose so much money), I sell the stacks of repair tools from Forgekeepers (they churn out quickly and even if they're not super pricy, they always sell fast). I also have good luck with selling the raw stones you can polish (granite, marble, etc) since some people buy them in huge batches to level their own RR (polishing only takes a few seconds - so people who have the funds just spam polish with mats bought from AH to raise their RR level because otherwise it's a long and garbage process to raise RR as their output before ranks 3-4 is not really going to net you anything good).

Also, depending how much you can spare the soulstones/how much soulstone prices currently are, Polished Marble sells for about 60s each. You need 8 soulstones to make 5 PM, so when soulstones are 25s it's still a profit of 1g per stack over outright selling your soulstones.

The highest weapons I can make with Forgekeepers are still kind of eh, I sell them for ~4g each but I found repair tools ended up working out better since they're always in demand while the weapons may take a day or two to sell.

...all that is to say, crafting isn't the greatest way to make money, it's just bits and pieces and making sure your gain will be more than what you have to put in. But it does add up and something's better than nothing, I guess.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

ShadowMoo posted:

Is there any active goon guild anymore? I need entertainment.

Not on Old Man Cho. I left after a couple weeks of being the only person I ever saw online and found a different guild since I didn't feel like rerolling to Mushin (Ceru outfits are gross!!).

Dunno about the other servers.

Edit:

LLeGGo posted:

Also, if anyone is straight up done with this game go ahead and send mats and gold to swiftlikesyrup, you don't need that ish.

Someone actually did this for me, but I still have no clue who they were. They added me out of the blue one day, but never logged onto their OMC char. Then suddenly I got a mail with some gold and their OMC char had been deleted. I assume I was the only OMC person on their FL or something, because that mail was literally the first time they spoke to me.

So, uh, if that was one of you guys, thanks?

noveria fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 2, 2016

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

nogic posted:

Yeah I haven't played much lately but I logged in to do the new story stuff.

I really enjoy the combat and general gameplay but holy moley the grind is real. I actually found some helpful info recently on how to gear up at my level so at least I have a plan. I'm going to try to play a bit this week and see if I just get burned out again or not.

Yeah, I can't stand monotonous grind anymore so I'm progressing pretty slowly - I have alts despite how much the game seems to want you to not do that (seriously, they couldn't make dungeon currency account bound or something?) and I'm still only sitting at 425 AP on my main, despite making him on launch day, because I go through phases where all I do is arena or Mushin's Tower or something.

It helps to keep me from burning out, but it does suck knowing that I'm so far behind the general population. I just barely made it to Pirate before the cutoff, and a lot of that was just because I encountered a group of random, super-nice people via F8 who stuck with me and helped me farm the runs I needed all night.

But my friendslist is dropping like flies thanks to Overwatch + the grind + lag issues. Pretty much the only people still around are friends from other Asian MMOs, which doesn't surprise me.

On a non-complainy note: I am really, really loving Tower of Infinity, though. The training area is also extremely useful.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
For people still playing, remember to grab the free character slot in the F5 store right now for your Soul Fighter! There's also boosted XP - 50% from combat/dailies and 100% to crafting.

The free outfit you get for completing story mode will last until July 20, as well.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's pretty interesting to be able to switch from melee to ranged. Quite a few hardcore people were clearly waiting for its released and saved a lot of money to insta-gear as soon as maxing their level.

I had fun taking advantage of this and farming Dokumo/Primal Bracers for F5. The massive spike in Moonwater Tear price has also been useful in funding my casual rear end. I made a dumb decision (as usual) and bought a pet instead of funneling my newfound wealth into my gear, though.

I think the Primals highest point was like 49g each and Dokumo around 10g each.

Also, server merges. Hi to any of you still playing on Mushin, looks like we're getting smashed together next week! RIP OMC's Crimson domination, probably.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

nogic posted:

Anyone out there still playing on mushin/old man cho? Noveria?

I'm kind of looking for a new guild.

Anyway, a new patch came out last week (lol), there are a few new dungeons and a new event.

I'm still playing, though not so much these past couple weeks because my ISP is being crappy and people don't seem to like when their Warlock keeps disconnecting mid-run. Imagine that!

But I'm in a relatively active, large social/dailies kind of Crimson guild that has been pretty friendly and chill. If that's the kind of thing you're looking for, can toss me a friend request (Ririmu) and I can try to grab you when our GM is on.

If you're Ceru, I have no clue. Blue outfits were too ugly for me!

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Meskhenet posted:

Giving this a go and liking it enough.

As a solo summoner what crafting should i do?

A decent combo:

Merry Potters/Soul Warden for Crafting
Tree Fellers/Trapper's Alliance for Gathering

I just poo poo out Mamosu Bone (which sells for 2-3g each) and Silverfrost Reflex Primers (also 2-3g each). They seem to always be in demand and are low-cost and easy to make at endgame. Kaolin Refiners also net you decent gold, but you'd need to have the clay as well (could swap out Trapper for Green Thumb, but that loses the super easy Mamosu Bone income).

If you'd like to do more risk/reward you can go for Radiant Ring and hope to craft the late-game AP gems, which can net you pretty decent sums if you craft an in-demand gem type... but it's RNG which diamond you'll craft. You can of course sell the unopened gem bags, but they go for much less than the opened AP diamonds... however, if you open and get unlucky with something crappy like an additional attack gem, you might end up eating an actual loss rather than making money.

Earthseers are also okay for Silverfrost Mass Revival Charms, but they're a bit more expensive to craft the Potters/Warden stuffs.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

The casual leveling process is pretty fun just for the experience if you want to mess around with the prettiest, most fluid feeling action MMO.

Also, it gets overlooked constantly, but B&S has the most beautiful, vast and varied soundtrack I've ever heard in an MMO. By a lot. The OST is basically an unsung masterpiece.

Also, holy poo poo, yes.

noveria fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 18, 2016

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Meskhenet posted:

Cool. i might look into that.
I ended up going Merry Potters/soul wardens
tree fellers/ green thumbs.

I guess i could lvl an alt for trappers if i get to the bone level stuff.

How do i get soulstones though?

I cant remember what map my last faction quest was at and now i need soulstones for everything.

The game is pretty good casual.

Make sure to do your faction dailies in Misty Woods and Hogshead Beach, as well as the Tomb of Exiles daily. That should be around 20 SS per day (I can't recall the exact number).

There's also SSP, but that can be rough to do if you're undergeared and not in the dominant faction.

The other way to get a decent SS supply is end-of-season rewards for PVP, but that requires A) getting within the top 300 of your class at the least (for some most classes, this is super easy nowadays and literally only requires being within gold at ALL) and B) being willing to wait until the end-of-season maint for your SS payout. If you're not needing IMMEDIATE soulstones/do lots of PVP anyhow, it's not so bad - I usually try to end each season ranked for rewards on at least 2-3 characters, so I get several hundred soulstones payout and am generally set.

noveria fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 27, 2016

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Meskhenet posted:

i hit hm1 and what you've said makes almost no sense. lol.

I think i know of the hogs head beach, but not sure i have the dailies for it. I will see what the misty woods are.

I have been doing tomb of exiles for the 2 a day though.

Misty Woods is the area where you quest a lot with Yunma Fei and Junghado... after you finish their arc and wake up in Greenhollow, you should have received a letter initiating the Misty Woods faction dailies. There are several.

The Hogshead Beach dailies may need you to complete a short, instant-turn in quest at the Fishing Lodge. You can windstride directly there.

Remember, you can only see and accept faction quests when you're in your uniform. So even if you unlocked them via the storyline, they won't be visible until you're flagged as your respective faction.

Arena is accessible through F9. Around Yehara's Mirage/mid-30s, you probably got some quests explaining it. You can hit F11 to see the seasons, rankings, rewards, etc, it should be self-explanatory once you look at the interface. Even if you don't really gently caress with PVP, there are dailies that are relatively worthwhile and only require one actual win per day.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Meskhenet posted:

What do i need to do to increase my damage? (im a summoner) other than upgrade my weapon (which is gated behind gold).

I have a full set of naryu soul shields, do i start to infuse those?

And the naryu relics (the green blobs) do i only need 80 of those to buy the soul or do i need more to upgrade stuff later?

Upgrade weapon, upgrade accessories. As you can, of course. Make sure you're doing the dailies you can for gold (Silverfrost open world stuff, any Silverfrost dungeons you can deal with, Mushin 1-7 or 1-8 if you can - and above if possible, Moonwater dungeons are still okay if you can do them quickly/solo to just sell the tears, Frostscale Basin dailies are worthwhile enough if you have time as some of the weapons randomly sell for like 5-10g each, and the essences usually around 40-50s each).

For soulshields... it's been awhile, so this is the best information I found about bridging the gap from 45 to 50 soulshields: https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4mh5hf/question_which_soul_shield_should_i_get/

Take note that as of the last patch, you can't use anything but primers to infuse soulshields anymore, so ignore that part of the advice (RIP Gabiyung farming for ez gold). If you're in need of Moonwater-level crit primers and are on Old Man Mushin, I can actually mail you some since my summoner alt is currently making them to level Soul Wardens ;P

I think the basic goals right now are at least 50% (preferably more) crit rate, 120% accuracy for certain dungeons, 200% or more crit damage. This will probably be difficult to achieve until your accessories and weapon are higher, but it's something to consider when looking at SS rolls.

Beyond that, I start becoming a bad source of advice as most of my endgame is Tower of Infinity/F9, raising alts when I decide I need to understand a class that keeps killing me in pvp, and duoing content with a summoner friend, so I'm not really up to date on pve meta!

noveria fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 5, 2016

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
New content/level cap/ultimate skills/class teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YV18Q1TbL0

Surprising absolutely nobody who paid attention, the next class is a magical dual-wield gunner.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
I'm still around too, but as I mostly play with my own tiny group of altoholics/casuals, I'm not really hardcore either. I'm on Mushin/Cho if anyone ever wants to just screw around with some players who don't take the game too seriously. Can request or mail Tiramisú.

Trove has been awesome for gearing my newer BM alt though. Got the Galaxy weapon chest yesterday and a bunch of ornaments today, so I think the game is telling me to gear her for 6v6 so I can die in two seconds to 800+ ap players. Clearly!

noveria fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 3, 2017

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
Crimson faction chat on Zulia (assuming probably others as well, but ceru outfits are ugly so I wouldn't know) and the subreddit have been melting down since they released the patch notes including the Radiant Energy change. Just a heads up in case anyone else enjoys watching people get very mad at video games, enjoy.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

PadreScout posted:

I made a summoner the other day and I think I’m lvl 18 now. It’s kind of fun, but I think I’d enjoy a different class more. I just kind of stand around while my cat does all the work. I’d call it a decent game though.

Echoing KFM as a good choice if you want to feel more involved, assassin is also good for that. The melee classes in general tend to be more dynamic/involved overall, though, so you could probably pick any of them and feel a big difference. I personally think KFM is the most fun class in the game though!

If you like being ranged and the idea of having a summon, try Warlock instead. Their thrall isn't permanent, and only has a few commands (Q/E/Tab are the only ones you control on demand - you customize their other skills within the skill tree and they use the chosen skill automatically when conditions are met, rather than manually like summoner commanding cat) so you don't end up with half of your skill bar being pet/pet support abilities, meaning your actual player character skill rotation is a bit more involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
I'm in a three person guild because we decided getting to design our own outfit was the proper priority over meeting people and finding easy runs. Before that I just ended up in random guilds that invited me when I ended up doing content with their members, rinse repeat when that guild died or whatever. There's almost always several clans recruiting on Crimson side of Zulia for both endgame and gearing, assume the same for Ceru, and the BnS Buddy discord has raid recruitment channels if you get to that point without your own group.

• Locked thread