Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Arzachel posted:

I thought getting the cheapest pack gave you extra character slots, whoops :saddowns:. At least I've got this weekend free to decide just how oily do I want my ~*pretty anime princess*~ to be.

The packs seems pretty badly priced to me, as the cheapest pack just looks like trash and the next cheapest option after that is 75$ which is a big fat Noooope from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

How bad are we talking about running dungeons for materials? One of the big things that made me finally give up on DFO was the fact the end game gear grind was literally running 1 dungeon about 3-4 times a day for 150 days to get a decent set. Because I don't mind stuff like GW2 where you kind of just do whatever you want and make some progress, but a literal half-year long time gate along with only 1 dungeon being viable to even run is just ... no thanks.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Getsuya posted:

How playable is this with a controller? I enjoyed not having to use the mouse and keyboard to play Tera, and since this is also pretty actiony I was hoping that would work here too.

There's a lot of odd button combos to learn and moving around the UI is kind of tedious. But the actual combat portion of it works reasonably well once you get the hang of it.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Anoia posted:

How long before they wise up and add an afk time out? Place your bets now.

I guess the lack of AFK timers is a deliberate thing generally, because it seems like kMMOs in general don't have them, and some kMMOs even deliberately encourage people to idle in town all day. I don't know what's up with that, I'm sure there's some reason for it though.

Subjunctive posted:

They've said they're working on adding one.

I know, I was just talking in general, and as to probably why the game didn't even come with one built in.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 18, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Any of the servers seem actually not particularly busy in general?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

OhFunny posted:

Kinda annoyed you can't bind extra mouse keys to abilities. Anyway to make them work?

MB4 and beyond didn't want to map for me but I just rebound those buttons to a keyboard key and they worked. Not sure if your mouse can't rebind buttons ... I'm guessing Autohotkey is banned via Hackshield?

Hajoon server wasn't a bad wait, was only 800 people in queue last time I crashed even :ironicat:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Some fantastic characters in this thread :v:

I dunno if the AFK timer is just really long or what, but I haven't gotten kicked by it yet.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Stupid question but is there a way to actually watch the cutscenes in the purple dungeons when you run them? I'm guessing that's up to the party leader, but I don't even see the option to specifically request party lead or room name in the Cross Server Finder or anything like that. Guess I could do it on local server only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yuck, I figured at least if the leader was watching it everyone else would be stuck doing so.

What to do with unneeded purple Soul Shields and Weapons? I'm stuck looking for my Blight Gaunt currently, just salvage or use to power up my weapon after I do manage to get the gaunt?

• Locked thread