Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cathead
Jan 21, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

looks like it already broke itself

https://discord.gg/0blIq7586QA4EQhM

This one should work for a bit, I think they're working on fixing it completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah you should definitely pay attention to the story at least once. It's pretty silly but it's a lot of fun.

Hakurai's also been doing a leveling guide, I think his is less reliant on just aoe grinding poo poo constantly though and more on strategically doing quests and saving time elsewhere. Still waiting on part 3 though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTtOklFq8BY

Also if you're going straight F2P make sure you read the OP and be familiar with how weapon evolution, keys, and hongmoon coins work since that could save you some time and trouble along the way.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah I saw them posting in the summoner forum on dojo and was like o gently caress

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Pierson posted:

So is the PVP here as crazy as it in Age of Wushu (kidnap offline players and sell them into slavery, invade and burn down guild halls, steal their skillbooks) or is it basic arena + world PVP stuff?

Nobody reads the OP... :smith:

Yeah no crazy stuff here. 1v1 and 3v3 equalized arenas are the most popular form of PvP. The open world stuff is mostly putting on your faction dobok and fighting over areas with faction NPCs that you farm (or farm other players) for prestige points that can be turned in for faction rep. If you get killed, remove outfit, or teleport out you lose the prestige you didn't turn in yet. I think you get a multiplier the more prestige you collect without turning it in though so you can go riskier if you want for a bigger payoff.

After 50cap we'll get a 6v6 battleground type thing too. OWPvP and 6v6 are not equalized, unlike the arenas.

edit: Yeah Stormgale makes a good point there will be plenty of people that don't understand the concept of faction doboks and will leave them on by accident, so you can kill them if you want. There are other opposing factions besides Red vs Blue, like Bamboo Guards vs Blackram Pirates, and they function in the same way PvP-wise.

cathead fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 14, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

After watching that video, I was really hoping that 'Bomani' was a single person who was straight up farming that guy. Unfortunately it turns out that 'Bomani' means something like 'Nameless'. At low ELO the designers chose to anonymize people's names by changing their name to 'Bomani'.

That was actually a bug in beta, it's since been changed to "Opponent". There's another guy in the game named Bomani and the strings got mixed up, and nobody noticed for awhile since like you said Bomani can mean nameless.

Of course, the damage has already been done and Bomani is now a derogatory term for bad pvpers on dojo and reddit.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

http://twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/

Stream going on apparently

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Premium confirmed for 959 ncoins, so about $12.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kuai posted:

drat I hope FranBunny's teeth don't get anywhere near Mushin but its probably too late since even on the live stream they were saying Mushin was the most popular.

You can relax they're going to Jiwan.

Rhymenoserous posted:

One of these days someone is going to have to explain the av that a really mad goon bought me because I don't anime.

It's a meme about how killing yourself will let you go to the anime world and meet your waifus.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

General Morden posted:

also i read that this game is like 4 years old

is this some DnF poo poo where we get the outdated version and KR has the most up-to-date version

We're actually fairly up to date as far as balance patches go. We're currently on Korea's September patch, they have had one more patch since then, in December, which they want to give us as soon as possible after launch.

As far as actual PvE and story content they are holding us back a bit so they can dole things out piecemeal over the coming months. We're still on a lv45 cap out of 50. We have one more lv45 purple dungeon to get in addition to the two we'll already have at launch. Once we get on 50 cap we'll get a poo poo ton of dungeons, another class (Warlock), 6v6 battleground, and more story. At some point we'll start getting Hongmoon levels as well, which are extra levels past the cap that grant stats and more skill points.

No idea what sort of timeline other than they've said they want to release new content as soon as they get it translated and tested.

In other news, new article on the site about one of the lv45 purple endgame dungeons we'll have available at launch, featuring what is arguably BnS's most famous character, Poharan: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blackram-supply-chain/

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Eonwe posted:

if I play this weekend a lot could i conceivably hit 45

Yes

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Bombogenesis posted:

To what extent can I pretty princess my summoner's tiny cat?

Yeah like Hapi said cat gets head, body, and tail slots. A number of dungeons that drop costumes also drop cat-related versions of those costumes, plus whatever's on the shop.

It's basically double the dressup.

HapiMerchant posted:

don't forget you can steal her hair and wear it as your own (dyeable, even!)

Also it's not that it's dyeable its that there's a version that uses your current hair color.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

General Morden posted:

is destroyer like ffxiv warrior

because warrior owns

Other than having a big axe and getting real mad about stuff, no not really. None of the classes play anything like FF14 though really.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

According to yesterday's stream, the Currency Exchange will not be available at launch. So you won't be able to exchange NCoins for gold or gold for hongmoon coins. They want to give the economy a chance to stabilize before they enable it again, no ETA other than "at a later date".

edit: to clarify, you can still get hongmoon coins from venture tokens

cathead fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 15, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

Reminder:

Servers will be up at 1pm EST/10am PST!

Also if you haven't hopped on Discord, you should do that!

Also don't forget to re-apply your founders pack codes in ncsoft account management. Even if you did it during beta you have to do it again.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Casual Annie posted:

So, I made a Summoner, because Cat dress up is fantastic. But the class feels kind of clunky, is that something that will change as I get more levels? I'm still pretty low.

Yes, it gets way better at high levels. First 3 points you get should go into getting Sunflower on RB. Then getting 3 points down the left tree for your LB cast time will help with chi regen, as will the first rank in Doom N Bloom.

Anyway I didn't get to check the thread because i was too busy playing yesterday, can someone let me know what the EU guild name is and if it's on Red or not and I'll update the OP. (edit: nm got it)

Also if any of you dudes gathered on another server and made a guild and want it in the OP let me know.

FYI you can still group and invite friends cross-server to do dungeons or arenas so it's not TOO bad that people are spread out across servers. The primary thing it will affect is open world PvP and leveling together.

cathead fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 16, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

ModeSix posted:

If this is really an ingame shot, they have almost perfectly ripped off the UI of TERA, and from the looks of it the gameplay as well.

Maybe they bought a TERA license and reskinned it because people are dumb.

Uhhh I've played plenty of TERA and that looks nothing like the UI at all. Nor does it play like it.

Also Mushin guild is full, so someone's going to have to make an overflow.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

Just the one I think. It's really dumb but it doesn't look like items you purchase with funbux are account wide.

Yeah, unfortunately cosmetic stuff from the shop is generally character-bound (the master pack costumes are account-bound, however).

Pierson posted:

Are Guilds and guild chat still segregated by server though? Because that's always going to be my reason to roll on high pop servers, queues or not.

Yes, this and OWPvP are the primary reasons you'd want to roll on a server with someone else.

That being said, guild sizes are very small (the goon guild is already full at 50 members and I think caps out at 80?) so it's not like you're missing out on MEGA GOON ANTICS if you go to another server that also has goons on it. We always have the discord for out-of-game chat.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

RPZip posted:

Guilds and guild chat are, but the guild population cap is very very low. There won't be a consolidated goon guild on one server, it'll have to be many.

I'm not saying don't play on the server with people you want to play with: I'm saying putting the guild on the ultra overcrowded server was dumb.

For the record, I asked multiple times if people were OK with Mushin despite the fact that it was going to be the most populated and no one said poo poo.

I personally don't mind being there but like, it's not like I didn't try to check with people on this.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Velveteen posted:

Items used as breakthrough material will say "breakthrough material" on the item description. You're safe to feed everything else to your hungry weapons. If you're still unsure, there is a list on the op where it tells you what you need and where you get it for every breakthrough

Some of those pics are wrong, I need to find better ones but I haven't had time. :v:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

By the way, you can click the icon next to the YES/NO buttons on the bid window and get a list of everything that's up for bid with toggles to choose if you even want to be considered for a bid or not.

Once people get more experienced with the game and realize this is a thing, loot will go faster.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah, I realized that, but Shadow Dance doesn't seem to have any conditions at all, so I'd sort of expect it to always appear.

Q and E don't have popups ever, unlike F. They're generally movement skills for each class of some kind. They will show on your cooldown bar when they are on cooldown though.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Welp, we somehow managed to beat 6man Blackram Supply Chain (aka the lv45 purple dungeon with Poharan) with 5 people and lovely lv36 weapons. It only took us like 2 hours!

Fun instance, but some of the mechanics don't gently caress around, it's going to be fun with pubbies!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So red team is full in old man cho gently caress this gay earth

Just wait a minute or two and keep trying the quest, it usually frees up.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Scoss posted:

Someone explain to me why a basic healing dumpling costs almost 20 times as much money as I have.

You'll get plenty of dumplings as drops and such while leveling, don't worry too much about it. Gold income jumps up pretty hard too as you get near cap.

Also a note to anyone who hasn't noticed: opening the treasure chests in caves and stuff (the ones with the green indicator) WILL consume a key when you do so... be careful with those if you want to conserve keys.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

How do I access this auction house I have been hearing about? Is there a minimum level to use it? Is there one in the starting map (viridian coast)?

Hit F5. You can buy from anywhere (and have it delivered to you for a small fee), but you'll need to be at the bank/AH/mail NPC in order to sell stuff. It's a region-wide AH though, I think there's a minimum level for non-premium players (like 15 or 16?).

cathead fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 19, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

LumberingTroll posted:

We set up a clan on another server, if it could be added to the OP that would be great.

Clan: GoonWangFu
Server: Jiwan

Send invite requests to: "Thallia" or "Aleina Colnair"

What faction?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Akujiki posted:

in short, lots and lots of grinding.

Edit: As an actual answer, once you hit 45 you want to start farming soulstones from faction dailies for crafting, and running the four blue dungeons+Blackram Supply Chain and maybe the 24-man one whose name I can't honestly remember right now for mats. Get your gear upgraded. Practice for Mushin's Tower. Get good soul shield sets (Misty Woods pvp one is strong, requires a bit of a dedicated grind to get all 160 emblems but it's not the worst grind you'll do in this game, by far), and then spend time and money trying to get good RNG through soul shield fusion for maximum output.

Moonwater set takes all of like 2 or 3 hours or so if you have a group killing the NPCs in Misty Woods.

In addition to the faction dailies, you will definitely want to do the East Fleet Supply Chain dailies (aka 24man Poharan) as well, as they give you a ton of money. You'll also want to put together the purple Blackram set as you're doing that, since it's quite good right now.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

New update just added an afk kicker so maybe we'll see the queues thinning out a bit.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

jaffyjaffy posted:

Good to hear.

So what is exactly locked behind the server in this game? Once the hype dies down, would it be disadvantageous to be on a lower pop server for the sake of pvp queues and the like, or would it just be less people out in the open doing world stuff?

Only open world pvp (and like, questing with your friends I guess). PvP Arena and Dungeons are both cross-server, and as far as I know you are able to invite people cross server (or at least give them your lobby number so they can join).

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

khy posted:

How do I unlock the in-game camera to view my character from the front?

Hold down middle mouse button and it should let you rotate around your character.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Skwee posted:

gently caress me, you get hit really hard by the free to play limitations if you run out of keys on a character before getting your stalker weapon...

Cant trade till 15

Cant send mail to yourself cuz you are required to spend ncoin to unlock mailing

what am i supposed to do? Delete and roll the class again?

It's ok the struggle is still real at 45

4 bangles, 3 axes, 3 razors, 2 daggers, 2 swords, 2 gauntlets, and a lynblade

Not a single staff.

Profane chests cost 2 keys to open too! :waycool:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Is it even possible to make my summoner/pet look less chibi? Even a little?

Yeah, you can do some fancy slider work to get lyn to look bigger.

As for the cats, they can be adjusted at the cat customization NPCs. The first one is in Jadestone, the second one is in the first town in the desert in Cinderlands, and the final one is at the big camp in Lycandi Foothills with the wheels. You can change your cat's body type there. The body type selections are the same at every NPC, but the other options change depending on which one.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

Then he got REALLY mad at me in chat because his clever plan cost him money.

I think this is the best part. It's like dude, you brought this on yourself by being a dick you have no right to get mad.

I love the bid system, beats the hell out of NBG bullshit.

Pierson posted:

Speaking of Hongmoon weapons do they change their appearance at all, or do they remain the same from 1-45 and they want you to re-skin them using drops and the cash store?

They change at every "transformation", so every 10 weapon levels.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

ModeSix posted:

Is the Hongmoon weapon good enough to keep using all the way through to end-game, or will better alternatives appear?

The starter one seems pretty great fully upgraded to the 2nd tier, at least so far.

You will be using it and evolving it all the way to 45 and beyond. Once we get Spiral Labyrinth, legendary weapons will start dropping that can end up being better than Hongmoon weapon IF you spend the money and time (which are very significant) to do so. They're extremely rare though.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Karistar posted:

Does that mean that all the Heroic/Legendary weapon chests out of Forgekeepers are useless then? I'm with the Forgekeepers because of the combo with Radiant Ring, but so far all I've made are swords to feed my Hongmoon weapon with if I'm not making repair hammers to sell for a pittance on the market.

I did at least give my Hongmoon sword the appearance of one of the crafted weapons, because I want to be running around with something that looks like an actual sword, not some weird split blade top thing.

Yeah I think those are mostly fodder. The most important thing Forgekeepers make are repair tools.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

Cathead what is your summoner build at 45? I'm nearing 40 and having a lot of fun but I have no idea what to do beyond the recommendations you made earlier in the thread. I am kind of just putting points in places that make things die better/make me live better.

This is the base build I use for general party stuff. (Rosethorn effects aren't quite correct cause bnstree is on december patch but that's still the # of points I use.)

I change Ivy (1) between form 2 and 3 based on whether I need the root or not. Sometimes switch Thorn Tendril (2) to 3 so I have 2 dazes if I need the CC for a boss. I've also dropped the points in Low Slash/Plant Bomb (V) to pick up the 5sec invuln on True Friend (X) for stuff like Poharan's flame ring.

Not sure if I went over sunflower strats earlier or not but you can check Urban's thread on the matter on dojo for more information on the best rotation for that.

Essentially, if you hit an enemy with Sunflower while the enemy is either affected by Nettles, has Doom n Bloom on them, or is pinned (like by your cat or some other classes), your Sunflower button will change to Super Sunflower. Then if you hit the enemy with Super Sunflower, you get a Photosynthesis stack. You basically rotate Nettles and Doom n Bloom to get to 5 stacks and then you go into Overflow where you get 3 seconds to go ham on your Sunflower button for free. The real trick to all of this is rotating things properly such that you don't run out of focus and drop your stacks and can get into Overflow as many times as possible during the fight. Ivy poison also increases the damage your sunflower does so you want to try and have that up during Overflow as well.

Hopefully that all makes sense, let me know if you have questions. Some of this stuff is hard to practice while leveling because stuff dies so fast so you only get to do it on like, world bosses or some dungeon bosses. It's worth practicing though since it will be your core rotation at 45, and you'll need to be able to do it without thinking about it too much since you'll have other fight mechanics and party support stuff to deal with.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Haroshia posted:

1) Level cap is 45. I BELIEVE you can break through with "HongMoon" skills which allow you to get the final skills in any given skill tree. Not sure if that raises the cap or not.
2) You won't
3) Unsealing lets you use it for breakthrough or as a skin
4) Endgame right now is sparse. Later on they add a thing called "Mushin Tower" which is essentially a boss rush mode. It's literally a grind for better stats to grind more for better stats. The real focus of this game is Arena PvP which normalizes gear. If you don't like it, you won't like the game
5) So far I haven't seen much world PvP on my server, but I'm not with goons. I mean it happens but it's a gankfest.

Hongmoon levels and hongmoon skills are different. Hongmoon levels are just a thing you do a quest to unlock and then you start gaining xp toward them. They give more skill points and stats. 1-5 (the first batch that we'll probably have) shouldn't be bad, I think it's not much longer than 48-50 or so, but the later levels need a lot more xp.

Hongmoon skills (the final skills) each have quests or drops or other things you need to get for each skill. They generally require 2 or more points which is why you want the extra points from Hongmoon levels.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5TMMQaYxg

They posted an upcoming content teaser. Looks like Bloodshade Harbor, Mushin's Tower, Spiral Labyrinth, and Warlock, as expected. That's basically all that's left before 50 cap.

Not sure if we'll get this all at once or spread out.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Umbreon posted:

I haven't tried the pvp in this game yet, but is that seriously a thing? Getting 100 to 0'ed by another player is never fun in any game ever.

It's not like universal or anything like "oh I got touched I'm guaranteed dead welp". But if you blow all your escapes at the wrong time you can definitely get bursted down by big damage combos if you let them CC you and the other player is good enough. Some classes are worse about this than others, and matchups also vary depending on class.

Regardless, one of the first things you should learn in PvP are the right times to use your escapes, as they are invaluable in keeping you alive against a good player. Familiarizing yourself with the other classes and what they are capable of can help you understand in what cases you want to eat the damage and when you need to get out or risk dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

tyblazitar posted:

Just downloaded this and got a few classes to 10 to test them out, seems pretty good so far. I'm worried about it being too focused on PvP though, as I'm more of a PvE player. Is there currently no endgame PvE content to speak of or is it just considered lacking in some way?

There's plenty of PvE content on the way it's just going to take time for us to get it and we don't have any idea yet of what their release frequency will be like. They did tease quite a bit of stuff in that teaser vid I posted yesterday so we'll have to see if we get that all at once or spread out over a couple weeks/months.

It's not like there's nothing to do right now though, it's going to take some time and money to get your weapon and accessories upgraded anyway.

• Locked thread