Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be the next bachelor
Ben
Juan Pablo
Fetty Wap
View Results

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'm not watching it, but it's on, and the Bachelor's name is "Ben." You might recognize Ben from a prior season of "The Bachelor."

Have you met Ben?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I think he was a software engineer? I don't remember.
(Yes, I watched that season)

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Interesting first couple of hours. 28 women was ridiculous quantity and this should be an interesting season. Keep the alcohol flowing, production team!

Too bad they didn't interview the woman who broke Ben's heart so badly he thinks he might be 'unloveable'.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Why doesn't the poll have Goku

I know Goku is already married but I don't care.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I hope Mandi stays for a while although she's probably a better match for Big Brother's dentist Johnny Mac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ileBSUf7M

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

MoaM posted:

I think he was a software engineer? I don't remember.
(Yes, I watched that season)

Of course he wasn't - engineer is too "nerdy" for a mainstream television show that's trying desperately to appeal to the blandest suburban whitebread.

Ben is a software salesman. He works as a salesman for a boring midwestern company that makes financial reporting software. No hungry young company this is; Glassdoor says "Older technology used with a culture so risk averse they won't do the correct thing and spend the capital to upgrade necessary just to keep it secure." Every goddamn thing about this guy is boring.

I know exactly why they chose this guy for the bachelor - they need a boring Christian fundie to try to re-capture the market they lost when their previous star apparently had sex on a show that is about sex.

I started watching this dumb show again this season, and I'm glad I did. It's so loving awful. Worse than I remembered it being. But it's great to watch because there's one self-aware person on the thing (Jubilee, who is dark-skinned and therefore Not Going to Win). There are echoes of the Best Pretty Panda, Sharleen (although Sharleen was much more of a vocal skeptic about the whole process, and came very close to refusing the "first impression rose" on Juan Pablo's season). Jubilee seems smarter and more real than any of the other people on this show, including the bachelor and the host. She's had a legit hard life - apparently her whole family died when she was a kid and she was adopted at the age of 6 out of a Haitian orphanage. Girl is in the military and did a tour of Afghanistan.

I know too much about this goddamn trash.

Jubilee's a normal person with actual, non-manufactured feelings and thoughts. Watching her try to deal with sixteen copies of Lamprey Barbie continually circling around her trying to find reasons to hate her without actually saying "...because she is black" is loving fantastic

Edit: one of them actually said Jubilee should leave because "she won't fit in with the other soccer moms"

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 2, 2016

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Jubilee also has a legit reason for the tears that come when she goes through the requisite exchanging of hardship backgrounds. She cries, and not pretty little manufactured tears. She cries because her family died and she has survivor's guilt written all over her. The other contestants make much of their own difficult backgrounds (dead father, divorce, widowhood, etc), but Jubilee is the only one I've seen who doesn't _want_ to talk about how hard everything is. It's her pain, and it's private.

I've actually never seen anyone on this terrible television series show such real, raw emotion.

The other girls and their catty bullshit come across as rude, ugly bitches. And on a show that's all about watching rude bitches be catty to each other, it's really impressive that they stand out as so awful.

I give a big layer of incredulity to interactions on this show because I know how much editing and producing can create a story from nothing. But they had a lot - a LOT - of unedited, single-camera scenes of the other girls being horrible to her.

I forgot how much fun it is to watch this show and rip apart beautiful people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

It's over.

edit: I guess it's not over

• Locked thread