Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Man David Cross is a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

No comments on Bernies album? That was freaking amazing. I've always wanted a Larry David spoken word.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

And people were always complaining that Jon wussed out on crushing the conservative guest most of the time.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

GreenNight posted:

Bernie better have a stellar vp because is is drat old. I give him 2 years.

Have you seen him run?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I was actually reading a similar piece last week. Bella Moretti was talking about all the ridiculous racist poo poo she has to put up with, like the director putting all of her male co-stars in confederate flag shirts.

I haven't seen past the first segment yet but I wanted to see what kind of racist production this could be referring to so I just Googled her and welp, glad I didn't do that on my work laptop. :chanpop:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

And just like clockwork, Antonin Scalia dies.

At least some things don't change

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

Plus Colbert's a Christian who seems to take the whole "love your neighbor" bit more seriously than most.

The man teaches Sunday school. He might be the most genuine Christian on TV these days.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Holy fuckballs that Jessica Williams bit was amazing

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Pillow Hat posted:

That fuckin' guy clearly has significant mental illness. Sounds like either schizophrenia or delusional disorder or something. He has almost no grasp on reality whatsoever.

Yeah I'm gonna wait for the news that he had to be carried out forcibly when the day comes.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I've liked Ronnie since his first appearance. Different strokes folks.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Nightly has a new segment called 2Chainz Explainz which is exactly what it sounds like.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Pillow Hat posted:

Also re KK talk, I ask this honestly: Where do you people see her so much? I'm not on Facebook, but I mean I'm not living under a rock. I watch TV, use Instagram, etc. I probably hear something about KK once every week? Are there some comparable men whom people love to hate for ostensibly being famous for no reason and lacking any talent, or is it limited to women like KK, Paris Hilton, etc.? (Not a rhetorical question.)

I'd say no because no other reality star has come close to her level of success and saturation but if say Spencer Pratt or Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino had managed to become that famous and ubiquitous I don't think it'd be too different.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

What? No that wasn't her dress. Right?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Bro Dad posted:

Trevor should stay far away from any pizza related politics due to his nation's unforgivable crimes against the sacred dish

Is apartheid still in effect but only for pizzas?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

coyo7e posted:

I mean it'll take a while before Trevor has the experience to pull something like this off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE
This was a golden moment in time that we'll never see again. Jon was at the point where after five years or so he was totally comfortable in the role but hasn't yet reached the point of hardened cynicism.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

IRQ posted:

It baffles me that nobody really pirates wildly popular shows like this and book or mormon. I think I once found a really poo poo copy of Mormon but it was unwatchable.

It takes ages for major movies to leak usually and a major show like Mormon or Hamilton is a hell of a lot harder to sneakily film.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Roy Wood has been killing it but I really feel like Hassan is coming into his own with the convention pieces.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

haveblue posted:

Didn't Jon do a bit about Gretchen Carlson (or one of them) about how she used to be intelligent and talented and tragically had to suppress it all after becoming just another blonde news bimbo?

Megyn Kelly iirc

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Was that interview with Sharlto Copley as awkward as it seemed to me?

Yeah especially when he tried to make an African-American art joke that Trevor didn't seem to appreciate.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

You know it's all on YouTube right? I read that too and just came back outta from that rabbit hole. Two hours later. drat I didn't realise how much good colbert I'd missed.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

I didn't really find anything wrong with her "burkini" segment on TDS. It wasn't mind blowingly funny or original, but I'd be hard pressed to find anything I "hated" about it and I agreed with her take on it.

She was one of the few lifesavers that got thrown out regularly on Seth's show, where she was arguably one of the best contributors. On Late Night she also got to perform in character roles which was much to her benefit. That said, Meyers has the worst writers and support cast in late night, so saying she was one of the best on that show doesn't amount to a whole lot. To make a very quickly formed analogy: even though she might be the best tasting pepperoni on the poo poo pizza that is Meyers' Late Night, on the TDS pizza it's going to take a lot more to make the cut with the superior toppings there. While she might be a Ritz over on Late Night, she's going to have to work hard to be more than a saltine at TDS.
Jesus Christ, I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore.

I think I get what you're saying. She might be the best anchovy in the tin over at Late Night but now she's on TDS where everyone is eating salmon. Or is a salmon?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I was okay with that. The cameos were fun.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I'm just glad Larry didn't live to see just how unblack the unblackening would be.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

Bill Cosby's gonna be aquitted... isn't he... :(
Worse. Secretary of Women's Affairs.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Has anyone got a non-CC link to this? I'm in the UK and CC is of the opinion that I should move countries to see such valuable content. Seems this is the kind of thing that would be perfect for their YouTube channel but I can only see the 14 minute cut on there.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

TDS2017: Only Jon Can Save Us Now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

America Porgress?

• Locked thread