Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
What's the deal with with the fps in this game? I turned everything off/low and it's gone from a literal slideshow in some areas to barely acceptable. I read some of the tips on the official forums and around the web, but they seem to have made no/little difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Thanks guys. I had my drivers up to date, but I switched aero off and ran the executable in administrator mode (I also have Razer headset drivers installed) and it's helped immensely, I still get some slowdown at the highest settings and turning on shadows on any detail kills my framerate completely, but it's playable now :)

szary
Mar 12, 2014
So, I had severe performance issues with the game until I launched it with the /d3d9 parameter, but now that I'm in the expansion my FPS has tanked again into sub-20 frames per second territory, even with graphics turned all the way down. Is there anything else I can do or do I just have to suck it up?

szary
Mar 12, 2014
I see a lot of posters thrashing Wolcen ITT, can anyone summarise why it's bad so I don't have to wade through the 40+ pages of the dedicated thread?

szary
Mar 12, 2014
ugh, lost another HC character due to not paying attention, I really wish there was a way to make the life bar more visible :arghfist:

szary
Mar 12, 2014
The base game is 80% off on Steam today

szary
Mar 12, 2014
A town builder.

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Some more screenshots here: https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/whats-the-latest-on-crates-town-builder-game/47816/69

From what I've read, they are working on two more games, but the town builder is the only one that they've given any concrete information on.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
I wish they'd tone down the HP bloat on veteran, but otherwise yeah, it's pretty viable even when starting from scratch without hand-me-down gear.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
You can assign it to left click and then you'll just do regular attacks while it cools down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Edit: okay, I misread that. I meant that the cultists in and around the mini dungeon in Wightmire (I think) also can drop the key.

szary fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 11, 2024