Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i remember when daniel radcliffe was attached to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

goon outing(s?) to go jeer this rear end in a top hat?

https://twitter.com/YamadaSANSPO/status/1635322075111108610

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

the rainy season is nice. much better than summer.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

hiroshima all day

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

eat a dick unicycle osaka boy!

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i tend to do my best to remove stickers from plastic, but i don't sweat it if some stuff is left on. plastic coffee pods are burnable, tho they've always been wasteful bs.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

AHH F/UGH posted:

It's pretty good everywhere, but I distinctly remember going to a few really good places there, or at least the objectively superior Osaka-style okonomiyaki was. I don't know about that Hiroshima garbage, that poo poo is for tourists.

lol, this loser doesn't like noodles in his okonomiyaki

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

hiroshima oysters on a hiroshima okonomiyaki are the pinnacle of the 粉もの genre.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

harperdc posted:

If it requires going to Narita, no chance.

no one would fly domestically from narita unless you live in chiba

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

leather fedora posted:

I never got into the bamboo/mushroom feud, but Toppo is easily superior to Pocky.

the fatty ghana toppo > men's pocky (dark chocolate, seemingly discontinued), gokuboso pocky > all chocolate toppo > regular pocky > regular toppo

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Gabriel Grub posted:

That sucks. I miss the delicious, sexist Pocky.

remember what they've taken from you

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

note: the good rates come from local banks with kiosks in the airport. travelex has branches too and their rates are just as extortionate as they are anywhere.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

big quake in Ishikawa, 3-5m tsunami expected

https://emergency-weather.yahoo.co.jp/weather/en/earthquake/20240101161010/

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://x.com/ishikawa_sachi/status/1741739952319410507?s=46&t=003ItTcjzy8IUQl6gpZLWw

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Re: smoker chat, there are/were some amazingly pass-ag anti smoking PSA posters that had English as well as Japanese.

Yep, here they are, just GIS'd "passive aggressive Japanese smoking" and got a trove of 'em!

Lol, nope, cost the same as a non mutillated one and some sicko actually bid against me! Thinking back on it, I had several tabs open on different auctions of the same book, and I must have unwittingly gone to this one when it came time to put in my actual bid.

those are less anti-smoking than pro-smoking-etiquette. that's because they're put out by Japan Tabacco, the government founded tobacco corp. it's no longer a monopoly and govt only owns a third of it now, but still holds 2/3rds of the market.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Waltzing Along posted:

I wish I met Tom Green in shibuya.

def the one-balled guy i wouldn't mind running into in tokyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Mister Chief posted: