Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

now remember austin, we're trying to set up a field goal, you have to run out of-- WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Yoshifan823 posted:

The Ted Ginn Memorial "Drop It Like It's Hot" sub-bracket.

This should be named after Troy Williamson instead

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

NC-17 posted:

Cousins Kneeldown Instead of Spike

I listened to this game on the radio & was really confused at the time about what the gently caress just happened with the announcer all matter of fact like "uh Kirk Cousins takes a knee, tries to spike the ball twice then gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage"

Now it all makes sense and I can't stop laughing dude acting like he's having muscle spasms

Hahaha what an idiot

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Silly Burrito posted:

Delvin Breaux losing the ball in week 1 still makes me laugh.

this is low key one of the best gifs ever

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Milk Malk posted:

I listened to this game on the radio & was really confused at the time about what the gently caress just happened with the announcer all matter of fact like "uh Kirk Cousins takes a knee, tries to spike the ball twice then gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage"

Now it all makes sense and I can't stop laughing dude acting like he's having muscle spasms

Hahaha what an idiot

I like to think of it as he gets the ball, but it's heavier than he expected, so he has to take a knee, then he realizes that someone put glue on it and now it's glued to his hand.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
this thread just reminds me that football is the most unintentionally hilarious sport of all time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chinatown posted:

this thread just reminds me that football is the most unintentionally hilarious sport of all time

I don't know, baseball can get pretty good along those lines.

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

kayakyakr posted:

I like to think of it as he gets the ball, but it's heavier than he expected, so he has to take a knee, then he realizes that someone put glue on it and now it's glued to his hand.

Worst play of the season or greatest prank of the season?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
From Jacksonville with love:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TSBX posted:

:suicide:

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

Pron on VHS posted:

this is low key one of the best gifs ever

Really grows on you... Sleeper hit GIF of the thread

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

TSBX posted:

As bad as Whalen's is I might like this a little more

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

If I could somehow compress the Iowa State Cyclones fumbling the ball twice in under 2 minutes to go in the game to lose a sure-fire win into a gif I would. Aside from the botched Michigan punt, it may have been the worst ending to a football game this year. They actually lost three fumbles in the 4th quarter while up to blow the game, two of them by the same guy.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

TSBX posted:

I think he said he had a concussion on that play. :smith:

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

commy gun posted:

I think there was another play early this year where someone blocked their own teammate because of a concussion.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I think the Patriots coin flip for OT and saying they're going to kick is underrated. The Jets drove down the field and won the game. It literally cost them the game.

Also both the Jets and Pats players looks utterly confused with the words that came out of his mouth.

"Which side do you want to receive?"

"uhhhh did he say kick?"

"Which side"

"That one I guess"

Pats player - "Wait what?"

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

commy gun posted:

Still a bad play. :crossarms:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Texas Tech Punt

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jan 9, 2016

Nov 6, 2002

49er takes out his own returner

Nov 6, 2002

Matty Ice 4th Down

http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_COM/in-game-highlight/NFLCOM/REG/6/151015_bp_saints_recover_fumble_to_end_game_318667_3200k.mp4

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

NC-17 posted:

Texas Tech Punt

Errr, ummm, what?

Nov 6, 2002

Whoops. I don't follow college much.

Or the NFL as you can tell from my posting.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Can we call them "the Chezzies" for short

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Pretend I posted the gifs of all the times cam erving got bowled over, spun around, or just plain run past. There are so many. First round talent.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

The Ted Ginn Memorial "Drop It Like It's Hot" sub-bracket.

I submit for you: The 2015 Philadelphia Eagles Hands (of Stone) Team. And the worst part is this is just from the first two games. Searching for all this was incredibly traumatic for me I hope everyone appreciates it.

Actually better than catching it:

Riley Cooper Is Bad

Miles Austin Is Worse

:siren: SPECIAL CLOSE UP RYAN MATHEWS ACTION :siren:

Jordan Matthews Drove Me Insane This Season

axeil fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 9, 2016

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Do those gifs look weird to everyone else or am I having a stroke?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

They seem to be really choppy. Maybe that's just my slow rear end computer though

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
That's what the Eagles receivers actually look like in real life. Why do you think they drop the ball so much? :rimshot:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

They are missing frames, it's not your poo poo computers.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
No gif, and it wouldn't win anyways, but Rutgers spiked on 4th down with 10 seconds left against MSU. They were down by 7 and were totally within Hail Mary range.

e: found video here http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/rutgers-loses-mind-spikes-ball-on-fourth-down-1735896190

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

They are missing frames, it's not your poo poo computers.

Yeah I blame the Philly sportswriter I grabbed them from.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

This gif deserves its own category

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I maintain that the Cousins kneeldown was worse than the Whalen snap. Whalen was asked to run a gadget play he had never run before without being told the actual trick. Seeing that the clock was about to run out and snapping to avoid delay of game was actually a heads-up play.

Cousins, meanwhile. They had just taken a time-out before that play--how can there be any confusion? Why would a professional quarterback take a knee in that situation? What? Why? How? The explanation they gave is total face-saving bullshit. Gruden suggested that Cousins took the snap, didn't like the look and so took a knee thinking they still had a timeout. Except the rest of the team didn't move at all after the snap. They clearly didn't think a play was being run.

So what really happened?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Vengarr posted:

I maintain that the Cousins kneeldown was worse than the Whalen snap. Whalen was asked to run a gadget play he had never run before without being told the actual trick. Seeing that the clock was about to run out and snapping to avoid delay of game was actually a heads-up play.

Cousins, meanwhile. They had just taken a time-out before that play--how can there be any confusion? Why would a professional quarterback take a knee in that situation? What? Why? How? The explanation they gave is total face-saving bullshit. Gruden suggested that Cousins took the snap, didn't like the look and so took a knee thinking they still had a timeout. Except the rest of the team didn't move at all after the snap. They clearly didn't think a play was being run.

So what really happened?

What explanation did they give? The only thing I could come up with was he saw the uncalled offside penalty (which I still believe was a penalty) and decided to take a knee to try to save time imagining the refs would immediately stop the clock. Of course why would you do that instead of spiking it, so it's still real dumb.

Oh you're probably talking about Gruden's explanation, did Cousins ever say anything about it?

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

NC-17 posted:

Texas Tech Punt

i accidentally clicked this picture and it took me to a literal pussy

edit: the non-timg version in the original post

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

whatis posted:

i accidentally clicked this picture and it took me to a literal pussy
case mccoy??

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

sweet thursday posted:

This gif deserves its own category

Donating your body to the least worthy cause.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Vengarr posted:

I maintain that the Cousins kneeldown was worse than the Whalen snap.

*snip

I don't know if I'm fully with you on this but I will admit this much: I don't think I've ever seen a QB make that mistake besides Cousins. At any level. College, high school, memories of my elementary school days, nothing.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I just remembered this one

it's nowhere near worst play but it's beautiful

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mystic Stylez posted:

I've just remembered this one

it's nowhere near worst play but it's beautiful

That centre has some goddamn discipline I tell ya!

Also, my vote is definitely for the Cousins kneeldown. It's like yankeesfans.gif, every time you look at it, it has more to share

• Locked thread