Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Found the 49ers one (at the bottom)

E: and at the top for that matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

This gif deserves its own category

It deserves a the loving Pulitzer.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mystic Stylez posted:

I just remembered this one

it's nowhere near worst play but it's beautiful

Jesus Christ, that center...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Jesus Christ, that center...

Credit to the receiver, too.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
My vote goes to that ridiculous Dolphins Benny Hill fumble play, can't remember if i ever saw a gif of it.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

fsif posted:

Credit to the receiver, too.

I think that's a dis-credit to the receiver because he doesn't know the snap count.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

sirtommygunn posted:

I think that's a dis-credit to the receiver because he doesn't know the snap count.

A split-wide receiver doesn't need to know the count, he can just go when he sees the snap. The guy in the slot doesn't have line of sight to the ball since he's usually off the line of scrimmage, that's why you see him move in that play.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Do playoff games count? Burfict and whoever tgat CIN RB are just lost an easy game with boneheaded poo poo.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Like there's a regular season & a playoff MVP, they should be seperate categories.

In this case, the regular season award is called The Sanchizes. The playoffs award is called The Bungles.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The playoff award this year should just go to "Every single play Brian Hoyer made".

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The playoff award this year should just go to "Every single play Brian Hoyer made".

He made some plays?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yes.

For the wrong team, but he made plays!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

And yet, Vontaze Burfict.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

don't think anything in the playoffs will top LACES OUT

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

evilweasel posted:

don't think anything in the playoffs will top LACES OUT

nah the bengals were dumber

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

TG-Chrono posted:

nah the bengals were dumber

bengals worse as a whole but you can't boil that down into one specific play

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

What about the JJ Watt wildcat?

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

Linedance posted:

He had a better chance of scoring than Hoyer. IIRC Hoyer's pass in the next play was picked.

Mughe fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 11, 2016

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Fifty

Eight

Drops

Now presented to you in stunning HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvnvyIdos4w

I hate my WR corps :suicide:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Linedance posted:

I love counting the number of blockers and defenders all aiming at that one point.

If he had instead cutback left he would've been man up on a safety (granted Eric Berry) and maybe a shot by the ILB if he gets there in time.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Maybe we should wait for the playoffs to finish. This past week has demonstrated that the NFL has plenty more boneheaded plays to give us. Although then I worry about recency bias in the voting.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

axeil posted:

Fifty

Eight

Drops

So did Matthews catch any passes this season? This video leads me to believe he did not because he dropped some of the easiest drat balls out there (minus the DET and MIA ones where I'm surprised he didn't get snapped in half on the hit).

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Linedance posted:

it sucks that our world is way too lovely for this beautiful travesty of a play to succeed :allears:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

axeil posted:

Fifty

Eight

Drops

It's bad, but there are quite a few uncatchable passes and and regular incompletions sprinkled in there, plus Bradford really, really isn't a good passer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can I nominate the Seahawks punter faceplanting on their first punt even though I don't have a .gif? Because that was hilarious. He might have broken his nose there too.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

whypick1 posted:

So did Matthews catch any passes this season? This video leads me to believe he did not because he dropped some of the easiest drat balls out there (minus the DET and MIA ones where I'm surprised he didn't get snapped in half on the hit).

He was 3 yards short of a 1,000 yard season. :stare:

Yeah I dunno either.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

IcePhoenix posted:

Can I nominate the Seahawks punter faceplanting on their first punt even though I don't have a .gif? Because that was hilarious. He might have broken his nose there too.

He did: https://twitter.com/JonRyan9/status/686592366195544064?ref_src=twsrc

Also, maybe do a regular season bracket and a playoffs bracket for worst play.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I would suggest a separate NCAA division since otherwise the votes tend to be about NCAA vs. NFL rather than any other kind of merit (see Douche of the Year), but the Michigan/Michigan State ending would crush everyone anyway.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

DeSean Jackson didn't try get the ball across the line when jumping the pylon, so the redskins settle for a FG instead of a easy TD. Am I remembering right that in his rookie year he threw the ball away in celebration before he got it across the line with no defenders within the same postcode? Does he throw away a easy TD at least once every season?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mughe posted:

He had a better chance of scoring than Hoyer. IIRC Hoyer's pass in the next play was picked.

it was.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Fat Jesus posted:

DeSean Jackson didn't try get the ball across the line when jumping the pylon, so the redskins settle for a FG instead of a easy TD. Am I remembering right that in his rookie year he threw the ball away in celebration before he got it across the line with no defenders within the same postcode? Does he throw away a easy TD at least once every season?

Not only did he do it in his rookie year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fn7ghOqmH4

He did it in high school too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xqSIasgW-o

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

TSBX posted:

From Jacksonville with love:

that must've been the most uncomfortable and/or hilarious film session ever

axeil posted:

He was 3 yards short of a 1,000 yard season. :stare:

Yeah I dunno either.
It seemed like he had a lot of garbage time yards as well as TDs

shyduck fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 12, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mughe posted:

IMO, that play with Wilfork and Watt should have been a play-action pass from Watt, the entire defense bit on goal-line run.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Linedance posted:

This play works on a principle that really only works in middle school: Give the biggest guy the ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mughe posted:

Let me try this fancy new tweet embedding thing. His next pass was picked but that was at least understandable, this was what was in his face:

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/686020797626884096

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

FebrezeNinja posted:

Holy poo poo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FebrezeNinja posted:

Benching him really was the only correct choice.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Did Kaep just get coached badly or something? The year he went to the Super Bowl he seemed pretty good.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Did Kaep just get coached badly or something? The year he went to the Super Bowl he seemed pretty good.

He has lots of trouble going through progressions, avoiding bad throws and also has bad accuracy. So, yeah, not very good

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 14, 2016

• Locked thread