Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

And I thought two O-linemen blocking each other was the height of stupid. I think a lot of things that turn out to be wrong.

Welp, here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

axeil posted:

Fifty

Eight

Drops

Now presented to you in stunning HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvnvyIdos4w

I hate my WR corps :suicide:

Some of those drops were because of Bradford whipping the ball to receivers that are a couple of yards away from him.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Did Kaep just get coached badly or something? The year he went to the Super Bowl he seemed pretty good.

It was more like his many flaws were masked by a team with a good run game and a great defense.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I think it's more Kaepernick never progressed past what we saw in his first two seasons and as the surrounding talent waned, defenses could key in on him more.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I don't know if I'm fully with you on this but I will admit this much: I don't think I've ever seen a QB make that mistake besides Cousins. At any level. College, high school, memories of my elementary school days, nothing.

There's a bloke across the ocean in Bristol who must be about 25 now, and I sincerely hope he remembers when he tried playing American Football for a lark when he was a kid, they made him the quarterback for a season; in one game he got told to spike the ball, and instead he kneeled and touched the ball to the ground.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

WHOOPS posted:

I think it's more Kaepernick never progressed past what we saw in his first two seasons and as the surrounding talent waned, defenses could key in on him more.

It's partly that. In 2013 and 2014, the offensive play calling for the 49ers seemed to move away from Kaepernick's strengths at times - often long periods of time - and then his strengths stopped resurfacing, leaving a pretty limited player. The rumor is that in addition to all those issues he also has some nagging injuries beyond the ones that led to him being put on the injured reserve.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

brandon marshall's lateral is the worst play of the year. go back to page one and watch it again

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

King Hong Kong posted:

It's partly that. In 2013 and 2014, the offensive play calling for the 49ers seemed to move away from Kaepernick's strengths at times - often long periods of time - and then his strengths stopped resurfacing, leaving a pretty limited player. The rumor is that in addition to all those issues he also has some nagging injuries beyond the ones that led to him being put on the injured reserve.

2-3 years is about the time defenses have figured out mobile quarterbacks and force them to be more of a pocket passer if they want to live.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

King Hong Kong posted:

There's also the fact that his offensive line went from one of the best to one of the worst and he is the most skittish quarterback in the world now

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
THe secret is that Colin Kaepernick was never good. He was always bad. Once his 1 big secret to getting to a superbowl got figured out, he never learned how to do any other neat qb tricks.

People have this image in their mind of colin as a ferrari, when he's really a lot more like one of those experimental rocket engines the nazi's built. It goes really really fast sure, but half the time it doesnt start, a third of the time it blows up in your face, and a third of the time it just turns off as soon as you reach 30,000 feet and your parachute retired before the season started.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Edit

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

brandon marshall's lateral is the worst play of the year. go back to page one and watch it again

it's a bad play, but the griff whalen snap made no sense at all

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I would submit a gif of a team standing around doing nothing while their season ends here but it'd probably be too big.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
No gif needed.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Will Andy Reid ever learn how to manage the clock? Click this link to find out!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Will Andy Reid ever learn how to manage the clock? Click this link to find out!

New Eagles Coach Doug Pederson Immediately Grilled About Chiefs' Lethargic Offense In Playoffs

lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Look, before they were tired of an Eagles offense that got off the field too quickly! Is there no making Philly fans happy?

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I don't know if I'm fully with you on this but I will admit this much: I don't think I've ever seen a QB make that mistake besides Cousins. At any level. College, high school, memories of my elementary school days, nothing.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-11-08/sports/sp-54659_1_bears-kevin-butler

quote:

Instead, Shell chose to keep the pressure of the clock on Chicago and hope the Bears messed up.

Indeed, they nearly did even before Butler's kick. Harbaugh went down to one knee on the next play instead of spiking the ball. A Bear lineman asked for a timeout the team didn't have.

With all the confusion, time nearly ran out, Harbaugh finally stopping the clock with a spike with a single second remaining.

The weird things you remember, I watched this game when I was 13 while my dad was on a business trip. I remember because he called that evening and we laughed about how stupid Harbaugh and the Bears were. Good times.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

There's no point in making a tournament. Griff Whalen snapping the ball is absolutely the winner. That belongs in the all-time pantheon of bad plays.

Going back to this because it was a premeditated stupid thing that was heavily practiced, never should have been attempted, and was than botched in execution.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

NC-17 posted:

No gif needed.

Uhh, isn't that a gif? It's a movie running at real speed, right. I'm confused here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Up Circle posted:

THe secret is that Colin Kaepernick was never good. He was always bad. Once his 1 big secret to getting to a superbowl got figured out, he never learned how to do any other neat qb tricks.

People have this image in their mind of colin as a ferrari, when he's really a lot more like one of those experimental rocket engines the nazi's built. It goes really really fast sure, but half the time it doesnt start, a third of the time it blows up in your face, and a third of the time it just turns off as soon as you reach 30,000 feet and your parachute retired before the season started.

That's not fair. German rocket engines occasionally had fuel that would liquefy human flesh, and Colin has never done that.

Bad QB? Yeah. Xenomorph from Alien, no.

• Locked thread