Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the dust has finally settled and 2015 is over but now its time to decide the best game you played last year. even though there were a ton of good games that came out last year and even more that I played for the first time from years before I gotta go with Bloodborne I prolly played it for hundreds of hours and feel like its the best fromsoft game to come out yet and I even played through all the chalice dungeons cause the gameplay is so freakin sweet. how about you whats the best game you played last year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

topic locked

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

topic locked

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

topic locked

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
It's Metal Gear Solid 5, OP

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
MGSV was amazing but alas, I had to go with my gut and choose bloodborne

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My number 1 game of the year is Celeste, a game-jam game made for the 'fantasy console' known as pico-8, you can try a browser version here http://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=2145 but its crap and drops inputs

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

*sits in a perfect lotus position, meditating on whether Bloodborne or The Phantom Pain was the better game, until my flesh rots away and my bones crumble to dust*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

*sits in a perfect lotus position, meditating on whether Bloodborne or The Phantom Pain was the better game, until my flesh rots away and my bones crumble to dust*

it was mario maker all along

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

MGSV for me, but probably Bloodborne if I had a Ps4.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SeXReX posted:

My number 1 game of the year is Celeste, a game-jam game made for the 'fantasy console' known as pico-8, you can try a browser version here http://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=2145 but its crap and drops inputs

gently caress you rear end hole.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Its really hard to say. There basically equally as good and it hurts me to choose one over the other

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I'm prolly gonna be stuck in the same situation this year between dark souls 3 and xcom2 but I'm betting dark souls will be better

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

SeXReX posted:

You need to be killed IRL.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
MGSV

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

coincidentally this is how the bad guy dies in the upcoming Indiana Jones

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Black Baby Goku posted:

topic locked

yup

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it's splatoon

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
splatoon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its a 4 way tie between MGSV, Bloodborne, Mario Maker and Splatoon.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

GOTY is a dumb idea

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

MGS5 would be it for me if you didnt spend so much time grinding for fuel and worrying about your online bases

ori and the blind forest for me. beautiful amazing metroidvania game just came out of nowhere and i replay it all the time. mario maker's up there, too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the games i had the most fun with were rocket league. mgs 5, bloodborne. and dq heroes.

Dec 26, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

GOTY is a dumb idea

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

GOTY is a dumb idea

this, as well

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like the "post a round up of games you enjoyed in 2015" was a better idea

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Batman: Arkham Knight.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

but...eugh..!!!!! i cant even!!!!!!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You absolutely loving coward.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I enjoyed it actually

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

You absolutely loving coward.

That has to be one of my favourite lines of all time.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
undertale, op

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

ughhh

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Gotta go with this, if not Mario Maker.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I don't like giving a 'best game' since a lot of different video games came out this year but my top games in no order are

Bloodborne, MGSV, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Undertale, Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity

with bonus 'most hours played' award to Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

• Locked thread