Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In order of time spent for me it's probably Mario Maker, MGS, and uhhh probably Just Cause 3 I guess, but that's a relatively distant 3rd. I guess Fallout 4 I played longer than JC3 but I don't really know why I did that, since it was AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fallout 4 was too awesome. I had to disqualify is for being my personal favourite game of all time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Fallout 4 was too awesome. I had to disqualify is for being my personal favourite game of all time.

lmfao

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The games i played the most this year are Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Monster Hunter 4U. I like them a lot, but i also like many other things a whole lot which I did not have as much time to play.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Ironic Answer: Undertale

Unironic Answer: Undertale

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Berk Berkly posted:

Ironic Answer: Undertale

Unironic Answer: Undertale

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Comedy option: A gay man's rear end. lmfao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Bobnumerotres posted:

ori and the blind forest for me. beautiful amazing metroidvania game just came out of nowhere and i replay it all the time. mario maker's up there, too

It's probably this for me too, it was just so unexpected.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

lesbian baphomet posted:

The games i played the most this year are Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Monster Hunter 4U. I like them a lot, but i also like many other things a whole lot which I did not have as much time to play.

drat friend, I've been looking for a pal to g rank with..wanna hunt a mon sometime?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
MGSV was so good it drove an entire community insane because there wasn't more of it.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I also spent a lot of time playing the latest nobunagas ambition game. its super fun and super good but only cause I like looking at excel spreadsheets when their layered over a map of japan

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

2015 was too good. It was too good and everybody applauded Undertale. Metal Gear Solid V. Splatoon. Mario Maker. Witcher 3. Bloodborne. I've seen top lists with none of these, but with Undertale as #1. This is a sin against gaming god. We've sinned and we will suffer for it. 2015 was so drat good. There will be a reckoning.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

As for me, OP? Dragon Quest Heroes: Slime Edition for the PC.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Undertale is indie trash but I bought it on sale and will play it in 4 years when people finally stop talking about it

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I really wish I had a wii instead of AIDS so I could play splatoon and mario maker, they look fun as hell

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

MGS5
Witcher 3
Mario Maker
Undertale
Bloodborne

In no order

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

I also spent a lot of time playing the latest nobunagas ambition game. its super fun and super good but only cause I like looking at excel spreadsheets when their layered over a map of japan

Mapgames ftmftw

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
MGSV

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apropos to nothing posted:

I really wish I had a wii instead of AIDS so I could play splatoon and mario maker, they look fun as hell

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
2015 was a powerful year for games. That said op I gotta give it to Bloodborne over mgsv since it's a complete game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[shouting into a turned off monitor] gay of the year 2015?!

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Tarranon posted:

drat friend, I've been looking for a pal to g rank with..wanna hunt a mon sometime?

Yes. Hit me up on steam any time for hunting action.

Dec 26, 2012

my favorites were bloodborne, witcher 3, and age of decadence. there were tons of good games this year though

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
#1. Bloodborne
#2. Bloodborne in-game character creator
#3. Bloodborne: The Old Hunters DLC

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

1. Tales from the Borderlands ; Both the funniest, most intelligent, and empathetic game of the year. Filled with fantastic characters and easily the most memorable sequences of any video game ever.

2. Rocket League ; The most fun i've had all year competitively. My friends dropped off eventually, but I kept going. It feels so great to win those 1 on 1 matches.

3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain ; It doesn't have the overall story I perhaps wanted, but the gameplay and ending are brilliant. I'll fight to the death in defending that ending.

4. Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes ; The most fun i've had with friends this year.

5. The Beginner's Guide ; Probably the game I've thought about the most. We are in an amazing phase in the evolution of the medium. We are at a point where someone has made the meta-story that so many other art forms have done so well. I love seeing peoples confusion toward the specifics of this story. There are so many levels of thinking on this game. Ultimately any thought whatsoever might even be a giant waste of your time. That's what makes this thing so great.

6. Bloodborne
7. Her Story
8. Splatoon
9. Until Dawn
10. Super Mario Maker

x. Ori and the Blind Forest

Hope to catch up on Undertale and a few other games before the deadline.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Monster Hunter 4U, DQ Heroes, and Afterbirth are my most played games of the year. I got a 3ds and a PS4 so my actual list would be like 40 games long. Hth

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Yoshi's Wooly World, without a doubt.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Yoshi's Wooly World, without a doubt.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My personal goty is Monster Hunter 4u. For a game I could recommend without strong caveats I'd say Super Mario Maker. Playing other people's levels is a really cool and personal way to explore their mental illnesses.

The 2015 game I haven't played yet but am really looking forward to is Witcher 3.

Best old game that I played for the first time in 2015 is Link Between Worlds.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

SMT 4 lol

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Witcher 3 overall, mh4u for time spent. I also want to give props to ff9 and splatoon for keeping me entertained during summer

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Just Cause 3.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the best game that came out ityool 2015

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
tyool is absolutely my goty.

Eugene V. Dubstep