Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

classic coin theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Comedy option: A gay man's rear end. lmfao

:newlol:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

apropos to nothing posted:

this is a perfect illustration of coin theory

idgi

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

at the date posted:

EU4, followed by Witcher 3

Pumprag posted:

SMT 4 lol

*looks at calendars* What in the sam hain?!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

*looks at calendars* What in the sam hain?!

Common Sense and The Cossacks came out this year

The only reason games with DLC released in subsequent years have been omitted from subsequent GOTY consideration is that they don't hold up. DLC rarely refreshes the experience of a game so completely that you could justify slotting it in a top-ten list. EU4, on the other hand, is practically unrecognizable from its release state thanks to periodic major improvements. So EU4 is still GOTY. If Witcher 3 had come out last year, Hearts of Stone would be the runner-up.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
MGS5, as basically an assassin's creed reboot with an anime sheen (and no ending), shouldn't have made any lists except maybe the top 10 stupidest pandering weeb games or something, where it would still come in #3 after Xenoblade and Final Fantasy

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

at the date posted:

MGS5, as basically an assassin's creed reboot with an anime sheen (and no ending), shouldn't have made any lists except maybe the top 10 stupidest pandering weeb games or something, where it would still come in #3 after Xenoblade and Final Fantasy

What? No.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

are you making fun of somebody and not sourcing quotes or are you being earnestly a retard

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

at the date posted:

This is an epic win.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

are you making fun of somebody and not sourcing quotes or are you being earnestly a retard

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

at the date posted:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
at the date is brutally tearing down all of my sacred cows and i'm powerless to stop him

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm a weeb and i'm wearing a top hat like the mad hatter in the disney alice in wonderland, except instead of a scrap of paper that says 10%, mine says weeb

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm a weeb and i'm wearing a top hat like the mad hatter in the disney alice in wonderland, except instead of a scrap of paper that says 10%, mine says weeb

Mine says Press because I'm with Kotaku.com and I'm about to take this scoop and blow the MFing lid off the MGSV GOTY conspiracy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bloodborne ahead of mgsv for me

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

I.N.R.I posted:

bloodborne ahead of mgsv for me

wtf?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I like Bloodborne more than MGS V

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

I like Bloodborne more than MGS V

that's normal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Settle down

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

In Training posted:

Settle down

not ornery here

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
sorry but its the truth: bloodborne is a better game than MGSV. the good news though is that theyre both terrific games and available right now on the sony playstation 4

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
mgsv is one of the best games ive played, and ive played over 200 hours of it. i was even rank ~120 in the world for FOBs until i stopped playing it. but i like bloodborne more

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Nothing but feasting here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

mgsv is one of the best games ive played, and ive played over 200 hours of it. i was even rank ~120 in the world for FOBs until i stopped playing it. but i like bloodborne more

There 3 games I played this year that are now some if my all time favorites. 2015 was a drat fine year

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
its bloodborne

and if anyone mentions fallout 4 i will SCREAM

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks mods for probating the retard

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not talking about me

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Sex Tragedy posted:

not ornery here

Hey man heres how I imagine a conversation between the contentious nominees for Goty 2015

Bloodborne: S. Mans. What the gently caress up.

MGSV: Aww poo poo its the mother loving Bloodbone

Bloodborne: Reeks of fatty therefore carry on in my stead Man-beast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I saw the most insane "-mans" addendum yet recently..."girly looking scythe mans" in the Guilty Gear games thread

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The worst parts about bloodborne and witcher 3 are when you exit the game and see The Phantom Pain sitting at the end of your games list, and you imagine a world where it too received major content updates. Hey guys, snake is going t invade a snowy mountain fortress in Sweden. Oh no, snake, cipher is hiding assets INSIDE China's forbidden city.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

In Training posted:

I saw the most insane "-mans" addendum yet recently..."girly looking scythe mans" in the Guilty Gear games thread

jfc

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
lol that the phrase "-mans-addendum" can be used to accurately describe a common goon posting trope in the video games subforum

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

My games post mans

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

in retrospect, mgs5 kinda sucks rear end

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

in retrospect, mgs5 kinda sucks rear end

Hmmm. Actually your right. I change my answer to Fallout 4

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

I need to read Games more

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

a bay posted:

I need to read Games more
Me, before becoming a mod: Hell yeah! [ironically]

Me, after contracting AIDS: Hell yeah! [unironically]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

that game is fresh

• Locked thread