Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Looking for a d800/d800e preferably in Canada, let me know what you've got. Have one and don't want to sell it? Go oogle the new d500 please and convince yourself you need one.

A

VelociBacon posted:

Looking for a d800/d800e preferably in Canada, let me know what you've got. Have one and don't want to sell it? Go oogle the new d500 please and convince yourself you need one.

I'm also looking for a d750.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Last call - Looking for a d750, d800, or d810, in Canada preferred. I've got cash in hand and would prefer to hand it over to a goon.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Looking for pocket wizard setup!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

8th-snype posted:

I hate to be a dick but just buy pocket wizard plus xs on amazon, they are $176 for a pair and worth every penny.

No that's not being a dick, thanks for the heads up.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Looking for an MB-D16 battery grip. Located in Canada.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Karl Barks posted:

I have a Tokina 11-20mm for Nikon if anyone is interested. I bought it in January, and I just don't think I shoot enough wide angle stuff for it to be useful for me. It's roughly equivalent to 18mm-30mm on DX. It's probably had 50 shots put through it and comes with a 72mm filter. I have box/manual/etc. These are $600 new, so... $500?

Post a picture of it with your username in the shot (check the OP).

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Looking for another SB-800. I'm in Canada, lets see what you have.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

I'd need to get them out from where they're stored, but would anyone even be interested in a Nikon film camera and telescoping lens from the early 2000s, a full size 6 megapixel Canon with a short and large telescoping lens, or an Argus c3 with a bonus light meter? If not, do you think a camera store would accept them for store credit?

KEH would buy them but probably not for much.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Anyone selling a pentax 67?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Wild EEPROM posted:

sadly the body on my 6x7 doesn't work properly, but I do have a working metered prism, that wooden grip, and also a 55 f4 smc, if you're interested.

Can you give me a quote on that? I am interested.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Ezekiel_980 posted:

if i loose my job this week i might be

You don't need their dirty money. Quote me up.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Ezekiel_980 posted:

Let me survive the rest of this week i'm trying to juggle possible unemployment, memorial service for family member this weekend and moving next week but i can definitely send you pics and what not once i get moved in and unbox the beast.

I actually bought one in great condition with the 75/4.5 for $400 yesterday from eBay. Thanks though.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Anyone have a digital light meter with cordless flash metering?

Wild EEPROM posted:

You'll Never Believe what I'm trying to sell again

Are you still holding the 9 rolls of Portra 400?

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 16, 2016

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Wild EEPROM posted:

Pentax 67 stuff

I would like to buy that prism. I'm in Vancouver. Can you give me a price for just the prism?

E: whoops I was scanning for numbers not presidents. So $110 for the prism? If that's Canadian like we both are then I can drive to you and pick it up whenever, since I think you're in Vancouver also?

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 19, 2016

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Spoke to EEPROM about the prism, will be picking it up in a couple days.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I'm interested in buying that film if you want to sell it separately. Price me up.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Walked posted:

If there is a way to get shutter count without paying for it, please let me know and I'll gladly do so. There's no way its not under 5000 based on how much it just sits there and never gets used.

https://www.camerashuttercount.com/

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Bizzaro Quik posted:

Sorry. Cant buy a package, and unfortunately cant spend that much on the 5D. I'm looking for something bare bones for really cheap, like $500 for the camera. Just need something to teach the wife on.

Honestly the d7100 body above is what you're looking for if that's your budget.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

There is a d7100 in this thread and a d7000 for sale in SA-Mart. Full disclosure I know the guy selling the 7100 IRL but I would absolutely recommend getting a 7xxx body instead of a 3xxx body and the price for a used 7100 is going to be the same as a new 3xxx. The big thing is the 7xxx bodies have the dual dial setup that is widely adopted by all decent camera bodies and it makes it way nicer to use and definitely better as a camera for getting into the hobby. There are a ton of other advantages to the 7xxx series like image quality and features that you'll use that aren't on the cheaper bodies but I'm phone posting so I leave that to your google skills.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

mAlfunkti0n posted:

PM'd you good sir.

I think he may have just flown to Europe for a couple weeks.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Edit :

Just bought the D750, money is sent!

You're going to love this btw. I'd never sell my d750.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Still available and now best reasonable offer! Not wanting to do the eBay thing if I don't have to.

Buy this and be a staple of the landscape thread. You won't be disappointed!

I'm looking for this lens. Do you have the lens hood as well? I'm in Canada which makes things a bit annoying assuming you're in the states. I can get back to you with a yes/no once I see my paycheque this Friday.

e: I have an American shipping address that you'd be shipping it to.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PREYING MANTITS posted:

I'm afraid I do not have the hood, it's just the lens and caps, I'll definitely give you dibs until I hear further. :)

Picked up an overtime shift today so lets talk about this. It looks like the lens hood is $30 at B&H. Can we discount that from the asking price and do $470 shipped?

Your ad does say US-only which I appreciate but if you don't mind checking shipping to V3L 1B7 in Vancouver BC, Canada I'd be willing to pay the difference if it's not astronomical. If it's quite a bit more I have a US shipping address:

1591 McKenzie Way
Point Roberts, WA 98281

It's a parcel delivery/receiving service so I'm not concerned about posting the address in the thread. Thanks!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PREYING MANTITS posted:

That seems quite fair to me. $470 shipped it is!

Looking up the USPS options for shipping to V3L, their Priority International Flat Rate medium box is $45.95 USD (though full disclosure there is a $25.95 USD option if I opted for the small box, but I'm not positive the lens would fit and be properly protected in it. I'd recommend the medium so I can throw in quite a bit of extra padding around the lens to be safe) and it would take an estimated 6 to 10 business days to arrive. Shipping to 98281 would be $13.45 and it would arrive there in 2 days.

I'll let you pick the shipping option and whether you want to pay the difference ($32.50) or not. :)

PayPal is s81photo@gmail.com and I'll get it out next business day. Thanks!

Medium sized box seems fine. I sent the money via paypal. It was going to be $502.50 with the -$30 for the lens cap and +$32.50 for the shipping difference, I rounded it up to $510USD to help offset the paypal cut to you.

The (Canadian) address is in the paypal message. If you'd be so kind as to indicate on the customs paper or w/e that it is USED camera stuff it might help me not have to pay a big customs fee on the import.

Let me know if there is any issue. I have PM's as well if you want to confirm my address.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Shipped out, PM'ing you the tracking info right now! Enjoy!

Got this. Thanks man, excited.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Shipped out, PM'ing you the tracking info right now! Enjoy!

Received this! I did end up getting dinged another $60 from customs but oh well.

I forgot to ask if you had a reciept for it - not a big deal but if you have it that'd be great for whenever I end up selling. Lens looks great, looking forward to using it. Cheers!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

PREYING MANTITS posted:

Sorry I just now saw this, had a 24 hour shift at work. Glad it arrived but that sucks about that customs ding. I was hoping they would let it go through without that. :(

I'm afraid I don't have a receipt anymore, sorry! Hopefully you'll love that lens forever and ever. :) Enjoy and thanks again!

All good! Thanks again. Taking it to Japan in a couple weeks.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Looking for an Olympus MSC ED M. 60mm f/2.8 for a family member. If you have one you should sell it to me - you probably haven't taken it out of your bag in months man cmon.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Sell off my Nikon gear, yes I make weird choices randomly. Going back to a Fuji, I miss the light weight when hiking and backpacking.

Whats for sale.. lots.

D750 with less than 6500 on shutter $1250
D7100 with 703 on shutter $400
Nikkor 50mm 1.8G, 85mm 1.8G, 70-300mm 4.5-5.6 VR, 24-85 mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED VR, AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G(DX only).
Nikon MB-D16 grip for D750 $250

Here's the gallery. If you like, we can discuss prices here or via PM.

http://imgur.com/a/5eVg9

I probably can't afford it right now but I can't help but ask how much you're looking for on the 85/1.8?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Shrieking Muppet posted:

Selling: Various Things

---
Do you have a Nikon camera? is it a FX sensor? Then you should probably own this lens...

Nikon 35mm f1.8 DX $120 shipped
Lens is barely used, I still have the box as well just have to get it from the back of a closet, If you want more photos please ask.
---
Whats that? Digital is for chumps and you really hate money? You think spending a ton of time getting an image just right is right up your alley? Getting six shots per a canister of film is acceptable. Do you like your camera to be a loving puzzle? I might have something right up your alley!

Graflex Pacemaker speed graphic(post 1955) + 2 or 3 sheets of illford $400+shipping (see note below for price)

https://www.graflex.org/speed-graphic/pacemaker-speed-graphic.html

This one is a post 1955 example based on the rangefinder on the top, it comes with two 6 shot backs that work well. Cosmetically its not great and the screen is cracked on the focus screen (lower right side). The camera works very well for its age its just frustratingly complicated and I would have never gotten one. So why the hell do I have it? Fun story, I bought a much more impressive medium format camera awhile back and my father was impressed but envious that his son was out doing him with cameras. Not to be outdone he ran out and bought a large format camera! He literally had no idea how to use the thing and tried to Ansel Adams some photos with me basically setting it up for him. A few years later he realized that it was far more trouble than it would ever be worth and said hey sell this and get something nice. Here is the part about the price, he claims he paid $400 for it and I am not sure this is correct. the few prices I've seen are for immaculate ones going for a lot more money. I'm going to hope my father didn't get totally screwed and go with $400 shipped but please if I am off my rocker let me know!
---
Ok so the scrub lens isn't doing it for you? You don't want the goofy press camera that I might probably have overpriced? Then how about you make sure your alone and close the door? Did that? good...

Oh... Whats this?

Pentax? 6x7? Lets look inside!

Oh my god its full of...

Wait! all that fits inside!?

Pentax 6x7 + 105mm f2.8 with case $400 + Shiping

This is the aforementioned medium format camera, not going to lie I loving love this camera and it has given me my best least lovely photos. If I hadn't resolved to dump my film poo poo and waste my money on a different hobby I would keep it and seriously consider getting buried with it. It can be difficult to use since it has no light meter and using a flash with it is an exercise but if you take your time you will get loving gorgeous shots with it. I would try to explain why this camera is the poo poo but since I suck I think I'll quote dorkasaurus_rex from the old Medium/Large Format thread.

Dat grip indeed, If you are willing to get good with it the camera is amazing, If you want to see examples here is an album of my crappy shots https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2hdSuL

The whole kit contains

-Pentax 6x7
-105mm f2.8 lens
-Lens cap
-2 Filters
-2 strange keys used to test the shutter
-1 Strap (its poo poo, hurts my neck)
-Dat Grip
-1 bag of holding(Velcros to lid)
-1 focus grip
-flash cord and a shoe adapter

All that said I had to get it serviced a shortly after i got it and the film advance mechanism is a bit wonky so some times you get ~9.75 frames instead of 10 but if you start the film a bit off it will work fine.
---
Of course with such a majestic pimp camera we need more than one lens. So also for sale...

Pentax 67 150mm f2.8 $100 + Shipping

I use this lens most of the time on the camera, the shallow depth of field makes for amazing shots and its stupid fast. Of course that's just the long end she has a thicker sister who does the short end.

55mm? on a medium format?

Daaamn!

(52mm nikon cap and lens for scale)
Wow shes a big one!

Pentax 55mm f3.5 $100 + Shipping
I never really get much use from this since i don't get enough places where the wide angle distortion works but when i have its a hoot to use. this lens obviously comes with a case and 100mm (wow!) filter. This is the only lens i use a filter on since i cannot find a cap for the from that is big enough. filter also has a original box.

For any of this junk I can add more photos and answer any questions. Feel free to PM me or email me at Ezekiel980 (at) gmail.com. I also have some 120 film left that I want to dump and some boxes of C-41 developer but that will be another nights post.

Is that 150/2.8 engraved as SMC or no? There are two different lenses that are 105/2.8. Thanks!

If someone else buys the camera without case I'd be interested in buying the case.

e: I keep writing 105 not 150.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 11, 2017

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Shrieking Muppet posted:

Not sure, front of the lens has 'super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR/6X7' on it, where would I look to figure this out?

Yep that's engraved as SMC. I'll take that lens, I'll PM you about shipping.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Bought the 150/2.8 from Shrieking Muppet, sent Paypal just now.

VelociBacon posted:

Picked this up, looks to be in great shape, packed well, etc. thanks!

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 23, 2017

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Shrieking Muppet posted:

Shipped today will PM tracking if I ever escape shopping with the lady.

Thanks.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

VelociBacon posted:

Picked this up, looks to be in great shape, packed well, etc. thanks!

Thought I quoted this but I edited. Good sale.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Understanding posted:

Camera bag arrived safe and sound, no drugs to speak of in it, but i found an old a23 battery and it had a pleasent smell.

The drugs are in it you have to eat it

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Martytoof posted:

Anyone have any manual focus Pentax k-mount glass sitting around collecting dust? I'm looking for the -M 50 1.7 and -M 28 2.8

I’ve got some kind of 80-200 I think with a fixed aperture. I’m travelling now but I’ll check back in early December.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Just chiming in to say I own a d750 and it's been so amazing and that's a great price. I don't know the seller, this isn't me trying to help him sell it, it's just that I want other people to experience that body.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Probably a long shot but I need a rear cap for a Pentax 67 lens (the ones that use the normal inner bayonet). I also need a front cap for it, it's 62mm (for a 150/2.8).

They're online for around $30 CAD each so if you can beat that let me know.

e: Just need a front cap now. It should have an "A" stamped on the inside of it.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 22, 2018

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

torgeaux posted:

Ok, keeping the thread up to speed on my drama. Sold XT2 kit to goon. shipped last week, paid for arrival yesterday. Gets sent back because they mislabeled the battery (listed batteries inside, not type or emergency contact) even though I told and showed them the lithium batteries. So, UPS store gets it Tuesday, and never contacts me, resends it after correcting their mistake. Does not upgrade to overnight. Uses same tracking number, so now I can't track, nor can receiver, as it just says, "Returned to sender." UPS store employee "Dexter" who signed for it on return has emailed me and goon buyer. I'm copying that in whole here.

I'm going to be giving a bit of a refund to goon buyer when this gets done, since they're refunding all or part of shipping. I paid for the shipping, but the delay is loving absurd. However, since this would look very scam like to goon buyer, since tracking shows the package was returned to sender and nothing else, I'm keeping goon buyer and thread up to speed.

I don't think it discredits you if you block your full name from that copy pasted part, and I definitely would because this is a public forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

amethystbliss posted:

Thanks for this! I usually shoot with a Nikon D750 and have a handful of FX lenses. I'm just growing my photography business and am starting to book a lot of sessions with clients who are interested in more of a fine art film style, so I'm very eager to learn. I just found a brand new F100 on Craigslist for $225 and think I'm going to go for it. Also saw an N80 on KEH for only $33!

It's cool and good to experiment with film but IMO what your clients are asking for is basically Instagram filters and I don't think most would even realize if a properly shot portrait was done on portra 400 or the d750. Unless you're shooting tri-x and pushing it a few stops or something like that I think 90% of non-photographers would have a hard time pointing out film shots.