Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Ristolaz posted:

the whole thing is an optical illusion to make his sunglasses look really small

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Bolverkur posted:

dragons dogma deserves better than this

i refuse to believe this thread is about dragon's Dogma,. one of my most anticipated steam releases of 2016

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Eagle posted:

its going to be the George and Bizarro George run

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Green man gaming put up a 25% off voucher for this game today, might pick it up but I don't really care about the pre purchase stuff

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/rpgs/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/ but it's an account-unique voucher, if you have no account idk if you can get one now, probably

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

also it looks like that link is tailored to my location (germany) so that might mess it up if you aren't in germany

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

https://fat.gfycat.com/ConsiderateDistantAnteater.webm

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

does iOS still not support webm? just about every upload site can convert webm - gifv on the fly so it's not that big a deal, but drat

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

Said while lying down roughly one and a half paces from my gaming PC: Is this out yet.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I was going to make a tiny dwarf pawn for me to throw off cliffs but then I looked at the title of this thread and realized i should make a pawn called Metatron that looks like alan rickman

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

That feel when you get a perfect block on a huge monster and it just collapses and goes into panic mode... yeah, die monster!

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

This game loving owns

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

frank.club posted:

Please use my pitch shifted archer

I was using Quiet for a while but the voice got to me, sorry. Will probably pick her up again soon though because all the other strider pawns have outleveled me

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

the ones on my friends list at least (because they are free)

apparently there is a penalty to xp for using pawns higher than your level, and a 25% bonus to xp for each empty pawn slot

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

drat this game is badass, wish I didn't have poo poo to do so I could play. First time I've had this strong an urge to blow off responsibilities to play video games since I don't even know when

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

Hell yeah. It's so cool that you have multiple armor layers and cloth physics.. on a side note I spent 15 minutes last night trying to chuck Wormskull's pawn into a well.

My pawn is very chuckable. I made a huge brute amazonian woman as my arisen and my pawn is a tiny ugly wrinkly gnome. I think I hosed up the voice though, I took the highest pitch shifted option for him but his voice it so squeaky that I can sometimes barely understand it.

One of my friends said he kept thinking he was being attacked by goblins whenever my pawn started talking at night

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Another pawn story: took my friend's level 30 sorc pawn just after I unlocked the rift, then went to the well dungeon in the fishing village. Just as I was figuring out how to fight the lizard men all hell broke loose and poo poo just started exploding all over the cave, that pawn killed every one of them with fire spells before I even got the chance to take down a single one. Then I learned about the penalty to xp for using higher level pawns :sigh:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Is the blue marker that's always at the starting city the DLC?

If you're talking about the one on the pier at night you should use it next time you see it, there's a free inn there

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

rediscover posted:

Sword Pawn after falling 1000 feet and breaking every bone in his Body upon impact with the ocean: What a gaffe.

lmao

also

https://zippy.gfycat.com/CompetentOffbeatKingsnake.webm

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

drat I really need to remember to save in this game

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Think I'm going to switch to Assassin soon since they get really nice stat growth, they have the highest potential for just nuking poo poo in melee and my character is a brute. It will be cool to have access to bows and daggers too.

My NG+ run will probably be a super-tiny magick archer, I wanna see what's in those goblin holes. :getin:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Heres a little protip for those of you venturing into Bitterblack Isle for the first time: mimics may not exist in the main game, but they sure do in Bitterblack and they;re randomised

shut up god dammit

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Talking about my rear end at the moment.

Go on, you have my attention

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/pmb6GbP.webm

I stole this from youtube to show why i am looking forward to switching to Warrior to unlock the high rank augments. gonna wait until after I rank up fighter and assassin though

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love when that happens. You killed too many skeletons!

Now give those skulls to whoever you want to fall in love with you.

if you give some skulls to your pawn and then start throwing skulls at enemies the pawn will learn to throw skulls at certain enemies who are vulnerable to curse (skulls have a chance to curse the target when thrown)

I just wish the inventory system was easier to use thrown objects, it's a bit of a hassle

Doctor Goat posted:

is it far in the fighter tree? I am nervous about jumping around too much in classes, i don't wanna end up way overlvelled

its rank 5. also strider rank 9 augment is increased speed for carry weight class.

you should switch vocations as soon as you max rank one of them, imo. it is really fun to try new playstyles. You aren't going to overlevel anything and the stat differences from leveling up in certain vocations are really negligible compared to the stats you get from gear

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Bolverkur posted:

stace is a permanent member of my team and dont you talk shita bout her

Had to drop Stace from my group because she out levelled me and I switched my characters vocation to strider and needed someone to taunt monsters off my sorcerer. She is awesome though

Crimson Harvest posted:

I had a report that my pawn Porkhammer, a mage, leapt on a griffon and rode it off into the sunset, never to be seen again.

Lol

I've been taking my brother's warrior pawn around and he's been knocked off of cliffs by 3 different Cyclops

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

how do you get other people's pawns to level up ? Stace is still level 34 for me, I didn't know they could grow

I should have said net cafe scandal out leveled me, Stace is his pawn

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

huh. all the Imp pawns that I meet in the Rift have stayed the same level since I started playing. even the ones i don't hire

Check to make sure your game didn't get set to offline mode somehow, it's in the options menu

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

rediscover posted:

This game is so good

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

So far I've maxed out fighter, strider and assassin and halfway through warrior before hitting level 50. Once I'm done with warrior I'll definitely go back to assassin, sword and shield is just too fun and having access to bows and daggers on the fly is great

I stole so much stuff as a strider with master thief and blinding arrows. If I could get a dagger that does blinding that would be amazing

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Oh Christ, I had net cafe scandal's pawn with me for the longest drat time, then she got knocked off the tower while I was fighting the griffon. RIP Stace. I know it will give him a 3 star rating now but does he get 0 RC as well? That would be poo poo

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

nobody ever hires Moist Grampa despite his sexy skirt and deec ratings :(

i'll hire yer peepaw, friend me steamcommunity.com/id/jerkops

I don't get a lot of hires either because my pawn is a hideous little gnome. but hell if i don't love him too much to change

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

nobody ever hires Moist Grampa despite his sexy skirt and deec ratings :(

If you're the person who just added me on Steam, I don't see your pawn at all even using the search function, so if no one is hiring your pawn it might be because you're in offline mode

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

it amazes me that i've beenplaying this game for almost 2 weeks now and there are still moments where I say "holy loving poo poo that was awesome"

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

hwen I did that part there were some goblins who started arriving soon after the first batch died, I think they respawn and attack in little waves so you always have something to use

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

I accidentally bought 7 useless earrings from Johnathan's Rift Shop, cleaning out my entire hoard of rift crystals obtained from Jerkops, Lunchmeat Larry, and other horny Arisens... FUUUUUU

What do those rings do anyway? Also Have you met my pawn

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I'll look for Stace soon, I need to kill some golems so I can get the parts for enhancing a new piece of gear and bows are really the best weapons for hitting those weak points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I was not ready for Bitterblack Isle. God drat I'm getting owned. It is really fun though

• Locked thread