Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I'm really excited for this game. Hopefully there is a preload option.

yiou can preload right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm going to wait and make sure this capcom pc port isn't unplayable first. But then I'll get it...

i guess people are already playing it and i havent heard anything bad about it yet as a port, most capcom games are pretty good on pc

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

Said while lying down roughly one and a half paces from my gaming PC: Is this out yet.

its not out until like 10 am pst because capcom are a bunch of useless assholes

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

I hope that the success of this game will bring Dragon's Dogma Online to the west.

i hope they make a sequel more than i want to play the f2p mmo

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I think there was some coy hinting from
Capcom that the PC release was a way to kick off interest in preparation for a sequel

i hope so

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

No Such Thing posted:

A pawn just knocked out a crapload of ore from a lodestone with a broadsword, and here i've been using a pickax like a rube.

what??? what!?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

jesus i never knew that

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Yeah, all this hype is really making me hope that Deep Down/Dragon's Dogma Online are good :pray::pray::pray:

I could really just go for a Dark Souls 2 style "here's the exact same bowl of slop but bigger!" game though

i keep hearing people mention deep down but have they said a thing about it in like five years

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Holy poo poo the golem fight was badass

i never noticed on console before because it runs at 15 fps but they have this badass stopmotion animation thing going on

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

golems are probably my favorite big enemy

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

i beat the first ogre by running away and then it fell to its death.

if its the everfall one that one always seems to jum poff for some reason, after i die a few times

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

01011001 posted:

i still havent tried magic out, melee/archery is so much fun

its hard for me to play anything but the thief or ranger type classes because i like having daggers and a bow so drat much. this is my third playthrough and im still just working my way towards assassin again

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i played for 7 hours today, i love this game.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Like I think I just came up to a place where they hate men so I think if I threw my man pawn off a cliff I'd of been able to diplomacy my way through it. Epic.

you can put the men in a dress and they'll be cool with it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

He said it way before I knew what he was talking about so it just sounded unprovoked and out of nowhere and it was epic.

lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i picked him up again since hes right at my level but i quit to go to bed, but i couldnt sleep

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Double sorc pawns do a shitload of damage, Rangers can do good damage, fighter/warrior pawns are kind of worthless imo. Depends on what you're playing. Typically if something is a climbing on a big monster the monster deals with that rather than ground targets so if you're playing any rogue variant typically you're climbing on the monster and pawns can shoot it pretty safely, or alternately you can have a pawn hop on while you magic archer it.

fighter pawns are good just for getting the enemies on their asses instead of them chasing down your mage/mages

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

ive seen poo poo ive never seen before, like i definitely don't remember actually meeting salomet before, i could've just forgot though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

This griffon quest has turned into quite the unexpected epic adventure. I got all the way out to this crazy rear end tower and realized I didn't have a portostone. Everybody is at like 1/4 health and I gotta beast this place. Time to brew a cup of tea and dig in

i also got my rear end kicked there by the lack of a port crystal lol, there's a pawn stone right outside the entrance though so you can heal them up at least

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

rediscover posted:

Same basically except I do have a port stone and I'm getting my rear end handed to me by bandits on the way there.

those dudes are loving nasty bandits

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

The Salomet fight was supremely underwhelming. I literally one shot him with a bow and arrow. Come on

i just did this earlier and yeah lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I been using your pawn and shes pissing me off...went to fight that dragon near a lake in teh south and I was chipping away at it pretty well and she cast some insanely badass ice spell that remove 1.5 health bars in one cast and I was like hell yeah!! and then the fight went on for another 10 mintues and she never cast it again and then I died and SMH'd.

i havent seen her use that ice spell yet lol, but i havent fought a big guy since i gave it to her

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

im pretty sure with the super spells like the meteors or the bigass tornado its a really long casting time yeah

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

you can explore it a little earlier but yeah its generally best to wait until around the endgame, the monsters are a lot tougher there but not impossible for a bit

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

as far as the D-Dog interpretation of a 'checkpoint' goes, it's every time you sleep at an inn. Other than this, I feel like it tries to autosave every time you finish a quest, but the catch is that it can't save when there's enemies around. So, it autosaves every time you complete a quest in a safe location and tries and fails to do it when a quest completion pops and there's more monsters about.

i think it autosaves every time you enter or leave a zone too

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

completing quests and zoning basically

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I've gotten used to saving pretty frequently just to be sure.

yeah its not too much of a pain, i wish theyd just added a quicksave hotkey though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i got sick of her always being my love interest so i just let the duke murk her this time

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'd forgotten how much stronger than all the other bandits the one sword and shield guy is. Like twenty times as strong and as much health.

he one shot me last night at like level 40 and i yelled what the fuuuuuuuck

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I used to think it was a bug, but the expansion never changed it.

one big thing i noticed between the original and dark arisen is that grigori was loving hard in the original but i can easily kick his rear end now. it could just be i leveled smarter in subsequent playthroughs though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Funkchop posted:

please tell me this game is moddable

its not on pc bbecause of licensing poo poo and its BULLSHIT

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i never tried magic archer before and im having a lot of fun with it, bbi is starting to kick my rear end though. does bbi get tougher in ng+ liek the base game?

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Nothing gets tougher in NG+ except if you set hard on.

oh, ive never actually done ng+ before

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

While we're wishing it would have been cool if this game got an actual sequel instead of Japan-only F2P AIDS

yeah....

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

i wish i had more carry weight. i can carry 50 and i almost always end up at mid carry weight from looting

i picked up 60 skulls at once near the entrance to BBI and ended up past overweight

fighter gets an augment that dramatically increases the weight you can carry while still being very light, its been a godsend

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

is it far in the fighter tree? I am nervous about jumping around too much in classes, i don't wanna end up way overlvelled

im not sure actually, maybe not to ofar. you shouldnt worry about that too much because the games gonna get easier towards the ending anyways, BBI will still be hard and the postgame content will still be rough though

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

how do you get other people's pawns to level up ? Stace is still level 34 for me, I didn't know they could grow

their owner has to rest in an inn then you rehire them with their updated stats

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

Thats weird. I've watched grafe's pawn for example go from like 31 to 50 since I started playing... last I checked shes got a bitchin red cape that she didnt have before.

that was some robe i bought for like 300,000

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

Rangers make good pawns cos they seem to be able to do epic bow trickshots that I would probably not be able to do... it so so awesome when I fling someone into the air with a giant sword hit and instead of coming back down they get rocketed off a cliffs edge by an arrow hitting them in midair.

sometimes when i launch someone they get nailed by 80 fireballs from my pawn which isb adass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Benny D posted:

I really wish I had a gaming pc this game is sick but on PS3 it looks and runs like dragons dogshit

its been a real surprise seeing how nice its actually supposed to look

• Locked thread