Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Good luck on the hunt, boys.

i feel blessed thank u bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
My names rusty and I'm an epci DPS monster hunter. But I dont have time these days. Le sigh.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

weve got room for 1 more, if you change ur mind :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ty for rushing me guys. def wanna play more of this

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I would have shown up to hunt but while i was out I ended up going to the game store and buying Xenoblade Chronicles X. hopefully another day

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

I would have shown up to hunt but while i was out I ended up going to the game store and buying Xenoblade Chronicles X. hopefully another day

return it while u can

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

why

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont want to derail this thread so nvm but theres a xenoblade thread you can read

im reading about the monsters in g rank. lava tigrex :staredog:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

yeah i looked at your posts in there and seeing as you said you played like 100 hours and got to the endgame before getting really disappointed, i think i will be fine and can ignore those flaws in a game i probably wont even have time to finish

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
gently caress yeah Monster Hunter, I'm at G3 and would love to play with goons so I'm bummed I found this thread too late. FC is 3969-5882-2514 and I'm C-Euro on Steam, if people get together again over the weekend I'd be down to join depending on the time.

What weapons do y'all run with? I'm using Charge Blade because guard pointing owns bones but I might goof around with Switch Axe for a little while since I have the materials for the Chameleos SA which is OP.

Bobnumerotres posted:

im reading about the monsters in g rank. lava tigrex :staredog:

Don't worry, Molten Tigrex doesn't have fire/lava, despite its name.

It inflicts Blastblight instead :getin:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

My best weapon is the kirin bugstaff because it does a million lightning damage, but i also have an unfinished Hammer and a bunch of different bow setups. and a dualblades set i dont think i've ever used

and Horn but boy do i ever suck at using the horn

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I usually use Hunting Horn or Gunlance with a healthy mix of switchaxe and charge blade. I also have a couple great swords and an insect glaive. For most of those I'm upgrading down like 4-5 paths. This is why I'm still in HR after 100+ hours.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i usually roll with hunting horn, but sometimes i'll go with charge blade if i feel like it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i only use hammers and dual blades and kinda dabbled in longswords. i have like 10 classes ive never even touched and charge blade seems awesome

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hammer #1

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

whenever the next monster hunter may be, it better have social armor slots.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

It's okay to look stupid if it gives good armor traits. people will recognize your dedication to being strong.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

also if you just got out of high rank, dont worry, theres a ton of very solid appearance+quality G-rank options. for some reason almost none of the hr blademaster sets in 4 have a great skillset or synergy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was a horn man when I played this game for 25 hours and then felt satisfied.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm at 290 and I'm not going to be satisfied until I get a good relic greatsword.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I really really really wish this was on WiiU too

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Pretty much the reason I get up every morning is to get one step closer to the day when I can take MH on a plane and farm up some stuff and upgrade my weapon and then get home and plug it into my tv and fight Zinogre on a huge screen with my speakers cranked up and the NX version of a pro controller in my hands.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

It's absolutely criminal that this & X are 3DS-only

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'll post my fc when I get home. It's been a while since I've played but I know I'm at least G1

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a big bad g2 baby, i'd love to revisit this realm with new friends so add me: 0903-2734-6033

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im on 2 play, kinda want to kill HR azure rath a bit cause im like one jewel and tail away from finishing his armor

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

gonna have to put up a gathering hall if you wanna play

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

im on 2 play, kinda want to kill HR azure rath a bit cause im like one jewel and tail away from finishing his armor

If you're going for the HR A. Rath armor then the HR Garuga set does the same stuff but without the health penalty. Counterpoint is that the Rath Soul set looks cooler and if you just need a Ruby and a Tail then you might as well just finish that.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

counter-counterpoint: Garuga owns and is a lot more fun to fight.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i loving hate the garuga its the worst fight to me

also sorry i forgot i made plans, i'll be on a little later

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

k a room's up, here with yahweh so we need 2 more ;)

e: pass is 5555

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 9, 2016

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

lets play monhun friends

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

k a room's up, here with yahweh so we need 2 more ;)

e: pass is 5555

What's the room ID? If y'all are still going I would jump in.

lesbian baphomet posted:

counter-counterpoint: Garuga owns and is a lot more fun to fight.

I had Garuga S chest/arms/waist with Tetsu S boots and Skull Visage. I used the rainbow dye on the skull so it looked like I was 24/7 :shroom:ing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

30-0606-0796-1395

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
mlg protip for ukanlos: if he's doing the swim charge at you, run left or right while mashing target and you should be able to get around him.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the ukanlos swim has slightly different timing or tracking in 4u than in p3rd and that bothers me, because i was very accustomed to escaping the old version

in both cases, the main thing about the move is still that he speeds up as he goes, so the closer you start to him the easier it should be to escape it. but i've still had trouble sometimes and instead resort to just trying to glaive jump over the side of him

lesbian baphomet fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 9, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

30-0606-0796-1395

In it to win it

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I've been looking to get back into this game I stopped right before grank stuff so like 6-7 as well, I'll be on this weekend

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

a new spot has opened up for g-rank hunters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

night inflammatory, thanks for the help man!

• Locked thread