Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I have joined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

I have joined.

k we're knocking out g1 quests

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i think theres a new spot available

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

are you using a blast bow lesbian baphomet

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I am. the Teostra one

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

cool i'm using the teostra sns, we're brethren

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that fight did not go well

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

yeah. tiger zam is normally not a big deal but that one was comboing a bunch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thanks comcast. looks like im done for the night -_-

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

oh, i figured that must have been my wifi, there's 4 people living here so i think it just has too many devices

but if host dropped out entirely then yeah, drat shame

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i'm gonna take a break as well I think because I played a lot and its late now, but those were fun games everyone

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sorry you didnt get to play much baph but ill be on again tomorrow. might need to kill zam a few times too cause hes between me and a huge hammer upgrade

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i dont know if i'll be playing tomorrow night, my fight stick comes in the mail tomorrow so i expect to spend the weekend using it. but yeah i'll always be around on and off

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

at 4 in the morning on a friday night finding G rank players is really easy, there were dozens of open servers with players in them actually. im impressed

finding randos willing to help you kill one monster over and over is a different story tho

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 9, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

at 4 in the morning on a friday night finding G rank players is really easy, there were dozens of open servers with players in them actually. im impressed

finding randos willing to help you kill one monster over and over is a different story tho

Did you set up your room to say Tiger Zam was the specific target? That's what I do when I need to grind, it puts everyone on the same page for the most part. At any rate I might be able to help later, Tiger Zam can be tricky but I have the upgraded Kushala CB which will turn him into striped sushi :getin:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i actually need regular zams lol. the only option for that in g rank is hunting 2 frenzied ones, which uh, can go horribly wrong very quickly

im loving that even standard monsters in grank have brand new attacks and combos, and enhanced moves. a monster with a formerly harmless easy to dodge stomp now kicks up boulders everywhere with that stomp and since every hit is 70% of your health bar it's loving terrifying. in love w/ this game all over again tbh

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have a badass frenzy killing set, but I'm still at work.

edit: found it on miiverse.

this murders any frenzy monster except the ones that shoot fire

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 9, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

i actually need regular zams lol. the only option for that in g rank is hunting 2 frenzied ones, which uh, can go horribly wrong very quickly

oh whoops, I saw you mention scrubbing out against Tiger Zam and assumed that's what you needed.

yeah I'd do frenzied Zams later when my wife is at work, gotta stock up on high level Frenzy crystals for that sweet sweet JuJu melding.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

C-Euro posted:

oh whoops, I saw you mention scrubbing out against Tiger Zam and assumed that's what you needed.

yeah I'd do frenzied Zams later when my wife is at work, gotta stock up on high level Frenzy crystals for that sweet sweet JuJu melding.

youll get plenty cause i wanna make the armor too haha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have a game up if anyone wants to play. 00 5026 4307 9157 if ur not my friend for some reason

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the quest just magically disappeared and no one else had it -_-

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Advanced quests are fail.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there is no other way to hunt grank zamtrios though lol jesus christ

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have it, re enter your hall.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I have it, re enter your hall.

sorry im taking a break. id like to play in a bit though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I fell out of playing this shorly after getting it... I'm basically at the start, where it's giving me the prompt to move the caravan town out of the desert. Are there any items or quests that become inaccessible after doing that? I'm guessing no but I just wanna be sure

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Yeah youre fine, they never lock you out of anything

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SombereroLad posted:

Yeah youre fine, they never lock you out of anything

there's a kirin quest you can't redo and it's hard to actually get non-hr kirin

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Doctor Goat posted:

I wouldn't worry about that unless you really really want LR Kirin gear, and even then I'm sure you can look up how to get a low-level Guild Quest with Kirin. or get into making hacked quests lol. for my part if you want thunder equipment there's other stuff like Zinogre and Rajang, or you can even trade for Lagiacrus parts.

Moving locations doesn't really mean anything, I think each location has a unique service they offer but you can re-visit any of them anytime (world map button on the bottom screen)

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I was gonna try to make a generic dual blade elemental set and it was focused around Kirin when I was in LR

that's theo nly reason I wanted kirin early

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

iirc there's a repeatable Advanced quest for LR kirin towards the end of the caravaneer's LR stuff, but like all advanced it only shows up sometimes. maybe it technically gives HR drops though and i just forgot

i might also still have a kirin expedition that starts at like level 6 i could pass on to ppl if they really need it. for me its at high level since i farmed a kirin weapon, but i'm pretty sure expeditions get transferred based on their starting level

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Bob #3 you back? I got until 10 EST for hardcore hunting action, it's either this or I finally put some hours into the original Xenoblade after putting off finishing that game for years.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

makin a room soon. all are invited 2 hunt.

forget zam, i made the hammer i wanted to make and im done fighting them lmao

pass is 5555, 50-2941-9895-7552

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 10, 2016

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

still room for one more hunter or huntress!~

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna murder everyone at comcast one by one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jesus christ

i dove through like 3 fatal water blasts in the nick of time. t zams are NOT easy lol. my net went out again the moment c euro left, ill be on again later prob

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 10, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Bobnumerotres posted:

jesus christ

i dove through like 3 fatal water blasts in the nick of time. t zams are NOT easy lol. my net went out again the moment c euro left, ill be on again later prob

that pin in the corner of the area was really funny (and tragic). pretty sure I saw you clip through the level geometry.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
here is my friend code, please add me and lets all play

2492-4259-4683

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I want to get back in to this but I'm intimidated by online play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

the online play basically defines the game. its really good and fun. also a lot of the people playing here have insanely powerful guys that can carry the burden of your mistakes, so you definitely shouldn't feel intimidated by it.

• Locked thread