Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the terrain is so much more vertical than MH usually is that you might have a hard time playing a Bow if you dont have an n3DS nub to adjust. but pretty much any of the other weapon types should be fine and just as playable as MH3U was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I’d play this again but bae lost my 3DS when I trusted her to carry it like an idiot fool.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

you can kill "ridley" to get parts for crafting Samus' varia suit

that mission loving sucked

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I’d play this again but bae lost my 3DS when I trusted her to carry it like an idiot fool.

sever.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

She's playing this on your 3DS right now hth

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I [23f] stole an idiot fool's [24m] 3ds so I could play monhun but he didn't break up with me like I thought he would: what do I do?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

She's playing this on your 3DS right now hth
jokes on her, if she doesn't find it in the next few weeks I get her 3DS XL. :mrgw:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you got my age right though.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://vine.co/v/eXXKvjOPJwa

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Today I streetpassed somebody from Japan whose most recent game was MHX. i wish i had known.....it was so close

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hit G-Special last night and also pissed off someone in the IRC channel because I used a weapon with Dragon element but weaker base damage on Gogmazios :toot: I have officially spent too much time on this game.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
who got mad lol

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hot tips for MH scrubs in HR: The arachnoscale charge blade is really good for when you can make it, my first white sharpness weapon and it uses nerscylla parts which none of the other dozen+ weapons I'm upgrading do.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

nersc weapons in general tend to be really great for how easy to build they are. Not optimal like some of the best elder dragon weapons or whatever, but great sharpness and solid damage and tons of poison

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

nerscylla is basically the new nargacura, in terms of building weapons

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its also a pretty easy fight, unlike the narg

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Nargacuga is stupid easy but that might just be because I've gotten used to beating him up through demos of two separate games now

I'm pretty sure they made narg a boss in mhx so bushido players could practice evading through his country mile wide tells

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

Nargacuga is stupid easy but that might just be because I've gotten used to beating him up through demos of two separate games now

I'm pretty sure they made narg a boss in mhx so bushido players could practice evading through his country mile wide tells

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Tender Bender posted:

Hot tips for MH scrubs in HR: The arachnoscale charge blade is really good for when you can make it, my first white sharpness weapon and it uses nerscylla parts which none of the other dozen+ weapons I'm upgrading do.

Hot tip pt 2: If you upgrade this through the Shrouded Nerscylla path it turns into a really sleep weapon. 45% affinity so stick this bad boy on an armor set with Status Crit and watch the ZZZZZs pile up. also yes of all the "endgame" CBs I've made it was probably the easiest one besides maybe the Tiger Zamtrios CN (which is also good especially in MP)

skip the G-rank Nerscylla CB and build the Azure/Pink Rath CB instead if you want a poison CB

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 3, 2016

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the nersc poison bugstaff is also good all the way to the end of its path. and if you ever want to farm Kushala, its basically the ideal weapon for doing that, since poison beats his wind and jumping beats his flight

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

lesbian baphomet posted:

nerscylla is basically the new nargacura, in terms of building weapons

i never made it to Narg in 3U (my only other MH game) and was kind of bummed because it looked cool. if I ever go back to that game it'll be to take down Narg because all the other monsters I never saw it that game either appeared in 4U (Zinogre, Brach) or idgaf (Pleisoth). well actually i didn't get to Alatreon and maybe that fight is cool too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

alatreon is cool but mh3u is a pos compared to 4, just all-around

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

alatreon is cool but mh3u is a pos compared to 4, just all-around

a lot of the 3rd gen monsters (giggi, barioth/narg, barroth, qurupeco) are way better than old lovely ones that came back for 4 (khezu, gravios), but otherwise yeah.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah i miss qurupeco and lagiacrus but, eh

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

just in general, newer mons tend to be way more fun and interesting than older ones. they need to go back to some of the first and second gens like the raths and re-work the movesets to be something besides the same basic poo poo they've always been

its obvious which monsters are old and still using limitations of a Generic Dragon animation skeleton, or other poo poo like that. it seems like MH4U at least has their ai use some of those moves less often, like the spin-around-twice tail sweep thing, but its still not a good fight compared to what they've done with the 3rd and 4th gen. and its obvious they basically copy-pasted Tigrex's attack hitboxes from an older game, like a bunch of really flat-looking ground moves with really huge vertical reach because they didn't account for jumping

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Hot tip pt 2: If you upgrade this through the Shrouded Nerscylla path it turns into a really sleep weapon. 45% affinity so stick this bad boy on an armor set with Status Crit and watch the ZZZZZs pile up. also yes of all the "endgame" CBs I've made it was probably the easiest one besides maybe the Tiger Zamtrios CN (which is also good especially in MP)

skip the G-rank Nerscylla CB and build the Azure/Pink Rath CB instead if you want a poison CB

Thanks for the gamer tips. I was eyeing that CB but I was also looking at the rathian fire CB so I'm not sure how many Rathian parts I wanna dump into this weapon class.

How much does raw matter vs elemental when a monster is weak to it? For fire CB, Rathalos CB has 36 more raw and 20% affinity but rathian has 100 more element and is elemental instead of impact. I don't really know how to compare that roughly.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

lesbian baphomet posted:

just in general, newer mons tend to be way more fun and interesting than older ones. they need to go back to some of the first and second gens like the raths and re-work the movesets to be something besides the same basic poo poo they've always been

I whined about this earlier in the thread but one of the stated goals with the roster in this game is returning to old favorites, but digging so heavily in the old pool makes it really obvious how similar a lot of them are, especially when lined up next to each other. Like not only are

Basarios
Cephadrome
Garuga
Gravios
Gypceros
Khezu
Kut-Ku

all running off the same skeleton, but all of them except Cepha and Garuga have subspecies (and if you really wanted to sperg you could argue that Garuga is just a methed-out Kut Ku variant). We don't need Basarios and Gravios, and we DEFINITELY don't need two of each.

Probably my only real gripe about the game, but honestly outside of that set the rest of the monster list feels pretty diverse especially the new crew. The only other place where you can really see the seams between is with Tetsu/Zamtrios and even then Zam has that freaky inflated form. Also I think the "super variants" in MHX is Capcom's way of testing how they can make subspecies stand out a little more in future games.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like that in mh4 you fight actual monsters like giant crabs and spiders and demon gorillas and poo poo. mh3 you largely just fought different skins for rathians and the lagi

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

non-u mh3 was literally just that and the barroth for the roster lol and i still put like 300 hours into that game

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

non-u mh3 was literally just that and the barroth for the roster lol and i still put like 300 hours into that game

that makes me glad i put 300 hours into p3rd instead

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

a lot of the 3rd gen monsters (giggi, barioth/narg, barroth, qurupeco) are way better than old lovely ones that came back for 4 (khezu, gravios), but otherwise yeah.

thats why i went back and played 3u after finishing 4u

also the stage design starting from mh3 improved a lot, they brought back a lot of old maps for MHX and im like wow i do not miss you at all

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like that in mh4 you fight actual monsters like giant crabs and spiders and demon gorillas and poo poo. mh3 you largely just fought different skins for rathians and the lagi

Giant Enemy Crab

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i need to know what the best method of using the seregios bow is

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i got to g2 tonight finally. cant wait to build my clownsuit and pray for high tier charm drops

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

NickRoweFillea posted:

i need to know what the best method of using the seregios bow is

point and shoot? The Seregios Bow is arguably the best in the game, I have a HR set for it with Focus/Load Up/Peak Performance/Evasion+1(?) which seem to be good skills. you want to kind of stand mid-range from your target, there should be larger flashes and a little bit of screen shake when your arrows hit

NickRoweFillea posted:

i got to g2 tonight finally. cant wait to build my clownsuit and pray for high tier charm drops

lol gl. Eat for Felyne Explorer and do the Rathalos mission in G2, then subquest out of it by getting two successful mounts. probably the best way to farm charms solo, plus if you are quick and can get tail/wing/head breaks on Rath before subquesting out that gives you a couple chances at a Rathalos Mantle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Giant Enemy Crab

You have to hit its weak point for critical damage.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

You have to hit its weak point for critical damage.

the line is MASSIVE damage. OH my god *throws arms up in the air*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm so so sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

C-Euro posted:

point and shoot? The Seregios Bow is arguably the best in the game, I have a HR set for it with Focus/Load Up/Peak Performance/Evasion+1(?) which seem to be good skills. you want to kind of stand mid-range from your target, there should be larger flashes and a little bit of screen shake when your arrows hit

lol gl. Eat for Felyne Explorer and do the Rathalos mission in G2, then subquest out of it by getting two successful mounts. probably the best way to farm charms solo, plus if you are quick and can get tail/wing/head breaks on Rath before subquesting out that gives you a couple chances at a Rathalos Mantle.

ive never used a bow before so im going to learn it

• Locked thread