Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://www.reddit.com/r/EDC/

freelance video guy -- probably pagancow

web dev and ~gamer~

network security guy probably shooting hdds

another it worker

gonna stop those sql injections as a sql dev

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i'm the it worker that takes a gun to work

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i'm the it worker who has fantasies about firing a hollow-point round right between the eyes of a black person nefarious evildoer

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
when obama takes our guns we will be defenseless against script kiddies and wizard threats

pram
Jun 10, 2001
all android users. coincidence? nope

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
this? *flicks out 4-inch blue steel blade, serrated so as to better tear through soft tissues*

well, sometimes a sysadmin has to get a bit nasty

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

loving wrong you loving lying piece of poo poo. blind fucktard

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
every day carry sucks. every day curry, otoh

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
please report these to the fbi

posting in reddit is a dead giveaway of a mental illness

GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

every day carry sucks. every day curry, otoh

I'm the semi-colon

anyway, why are you allowed to bring your guns into work? don't companies in the US have policies against that or something?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

GoldenTeeth posted:

I'm the semi-colon

anyway, why are you allowed to bring your guns into work? don't companies in the US have policies against that or something?
in my hell hole of a state people are allowed to open carry in universities

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

loving wrong you loving lying piece of poo poo. blind fucktard

settle down beavis

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phoenixan posted:

in my hell hole of a state people are allowed to open carry in universities

Could you have a shotgun slung over your back?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im torn

a) i like living somewhere where a violent gun murder nearby isn't an almost guarantee

but also

b) guns are kinda badass

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

we had "active shooter situation" training this week and one of our doughy linuxmen suggested that bringing your sidearm to work is the best response (for getting shot by the SWAT team)

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
what percentage of these peoples day is spent dreaming up what they think are cool one-liners do you think

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

im the person wh olikes jameson guns and knives

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Satellit3 posted:

im the person wh olikes jameson guns and knives

hello fellow whitey

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

what percentage of these peoples day is spent dreaming up what they think are cool one-liners do you think

you mean itt cool and heroic reason to stab and shoot motherfuckers

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

you mean itt making sure nearby woman are wellaware of their armageddon-ready trinkets (and dilz )

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

"actually, they're called magazines, furthermore-

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

I'm the "kiss of smoothness" chapstick

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

ps im lomarfing at rwddit. lomarf!!!

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

yard salad posted:

I'm the "kiss of smoothness" chapstick

(apply to too-small dilz)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Satellit3 posted:

ps im lomarfing at rwddit. lomarf!!!

p sure this isn't how it works

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

currently lomarfing at you

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

pram posted:

allow me to refer you to

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
gun vault dot com

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
at my job there is a workshop full of technicians who are trained in the maintenance and use of tools for fixing things and making things. making things and fixing things is practically their job!

that's why i don't carry a screwdriver to work

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

echinopsis posted:

im torn

a) i like living somewhere where a violent gun murder nearby isn't an almost guarantee

but also

b) guns are kinda badass

guns are kinda badass, but you're retarded (read everyday/open carry people) if you think you need one everywhere you go like it's the wild west. I have never heard of some rear end in a top hat with a gun preventing some sort of violence or mass shooting by having a gun on them, if anything it will escalate the situation. frankly if you need a gun on you 24/7 you are a massive pussy.

yeah shooting guns is fun and responsible people should be allowed to own them but these people who act like having a gun is the only thing stopping them from being persecuted by crime or the government or whatever bullshit and any hindrance or preventative measures to stop bad people or crazies from getting them is a travesty and an infringement on their rights are full of poo poo.

/rant

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Linux Pirate posted:

guns are kinda badass, but you're retarded (read everyday/open carry people) if you think you need one everywhere you go like it's the wild west. I have never heard of some rear end in a top hat with a gun preventing some sort of violence or mass shooting by having a gun on them, if anything it will escalate the situation. frankly if you need a gun on you 24/7 you are a massive pussy.

yeah shooting guns is fun and responsible people should be allowed to own them but these people who act like having a gun is the only thing stopping them from being persecuted by crime or the government or whatever bullshit and any hindrance or preventative measures to stop bad people or crazies from getting them is a travesty and an infringement on their rights are full of poo poo.

/rant

The only people that need a gun at work are where moose, bears and muskox can actually kill you when you are working. Wich is suprisingly a low percentage of jobs!

Bigfoot is the black person fantasy shooting for these kinds of folks.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

hm. what we need is angry autistic white boys in IT to carry handguns everywhere wth them. every social situation from getting coffee to getting fired can then have the option on the IRL chat wheel "kill this fucker"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i've been pretty lucky so far in that of all the IT people i've worked with (which is admittedly a smaller number) only two of them have been crazy libertarians. one of them was full-on unprompted "i felt no sympathy when that one IRS guy got killed when a nutjob flew his cessna into an IRS office because he's literally an agent of tyranny, also i don't believe the state should be able to bar you from driving on public roads just because they caught you drunk driving", and the other appears to literally believe in chemtrails

most of the rest are center-left with the occasional center-right

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
also huge lols because i thought best practices was to not loving advertise to the world that you have guns

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lots of people I work with own guns but none of them carry. we did have one crazy guy who used to work here but hes been gone for years.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i've been pretty lucky so far in that of all the IT people i've worked with (which is admittedly a smaller number) only two of them have been crazy libertarians. one of them was full-on unprompted "i felt no sympathy when that one IRS guy got killed when a nutjob flew his cessna into an IRS office because he's literally an agent of tyranny, also i don't believe the state should be able to bar you from driving on public roads just because they caught you drunk driving", and the other appears to literally believe in chemtrails

most of the rest are center-left with the occasional center-right

i live in the midwest, so nearly all of my friends, IT and otherwise, are silicon-valley type libertarians, with a few nutjob coiners thrown in.

weirdly enough only guy i know that's into guns is a really liberal air force officer,, go figture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Satellit3 posted:

allow me to refer you to

lol cumvault

• Locked thread