Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldenTeeth
Jun 3, 2013

I'm the pensive looking one on the left. That's me. I'm doing serious business in there. Look at me go.

echinopsis posted:

im torn

a) i like living somewhere where a violent gun murder nearby isn't an almost guarantee

but also

Mb) guns are kinda badass

guns are kinda very badass and shooting them is cool + fun

I just don't get why when you get up in the morning every day you gotta be like "today is the day I may be in a combat situation where I need my handgun + serrated edge pocket knife like if my local sysadmin disagrees with me and I need to get in a close range gun battle where eventually I get close enough to gut his loving throat" y'know?

like what is the point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

[img-myrtar-inventory]

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ah OK here it is, no one ever posts this one

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

i like the ones from 2015/16 where people carry a separate MP3 player

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

SO DEMANDING posted:

enough gear here to make a murder become self defence

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

SO DEMANDING posted:

all other lol aside, that's a pro phone choice. the os was complete garbage but still worth it imo

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

dammit my second flashlight just died

third flashlight to the rescue

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

OSI bean dip posted:

enough gear here to make a murder become self defence

i know i never leave home without my ring knife just in case i hafta throat-slash a fool

also lol lock picks and no torque wrench

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
myrtar is cool but r u sirius is cooler

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

jony ive aces posted:

myrtar is cool but r u sirius is cooler

everytime this is posted just know that i am the crushed up cans of jolt

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SO DEMANDING posted:

i seriously boggle at carrying so much poo poo around all the drat time.

i just carry keys, cell phone, wallet. that's it.

if i need a drat tool i'll either grab it at my workplace, my home, or out of my car

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

why are there people who carry multiple weapons all the time

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Palace of Hate posted:

why are there people who carry multiple weapons all the time

to protect themselves from your posts

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
it's a status accessory. they find weapons aesthetically appealing. i'm sure there's some element of "heh if some punk/thug tries poo poo with me i'll be ready :smugdog:" but i bet they're even more excited about the possibility of meeting a fellow weapons enthusiast and being able to show off and establish social status e.g. "look, i haev nice gun" "oh yes very nice" "why thank you"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Satellit3 posted:

currently lomarfing at you

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
i only carry keys, wallet, chapstick, and phone. how the hell is anything more necessary than that? why do people have multiple knives and who the gently caress just carries usb cables around with them. or a camera and a phone.

is it possible to fit that much poo poo on one body without just putting it all in a bag?

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
also, i just learned about the term "knolling"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I keep forgetting my chapstick cause I only carry it in the winter and my lips are suffering

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i chose this flashlight because it can double as a blunt weapon. yeah, a good swing can crack a skull. you never know when you're deep in the server farm

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The Vinja Ninja posted:

The only people that need a gun at work are where moose, bears and muskox can actually kill you when you are working. Wich is suprisingly a low percentage of jobs!

also police

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Shaggar posted:

I keep forgetting my chapstick cause I only carry it in the winter and my lips are suffering

i think my body is physically addicted to chapstick. if i forget it and im out for a bit- ill use my wife's or just buy some. only original.

im broken.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i carry a crowbar like my idol gordon freeman

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

it's probably better that they don't

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

big scary monsters posted:

it's probably better that they don't

maybe for criminals

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Smythe posted:

i carry a crowbar like my idol gordon freeman

now if you only you spoke as much as him...

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

yard salad posted:

Nice!

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Could have been a valid report from Xinhua.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Space-Pope posted:

i chose this flashlight because it can double as a blunt weapon. yeah, a good swing can crack a skull. you never know when you're deep in the server farm

youve just amde me realise its probably unnecessary that every single object I own also double as a weapon

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

yard salad posted:

harharhar

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

yard salad posted:

if only you got brutally murdered in front of your family and friends like Eli Vance

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yard salad posted:

:supaburn:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

youve just amde me realise its probably unnecessary that every single object I own also double as a weapon

tactical pen

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
All I carry are my keys, wallet, 35mm camera, and a messenger bag full of an old thinkpad and miscellaneous pieces of sharpened steel scrap.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

craisins posted:

i think my body is physically addicted to chapstick. if i forget it and im out for a bit- ill use my wife's or just buy some. only original.

im broken.

i like the medicated cause it tingles

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol if you dont use 100% petroleum jelly

cadenza
Dec 25, 2006

integrity
i'm from an actual developed country but have been living in the united states for almost 2 years and it never ceases to amaze me how many americans carry knives around all the time

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

cadenza posted:

i'm from an actual developed country but have been living in the united states for almost 2 years and it never ceases to amaze me how many americans carry knives around all the time

gotta have a backup for when you run out of bullets

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Valeyard posted:

Could you have a shotgun slung over your back?

You can do that in non-open carry states, i.e. Texas.

Though I think Texas became an open carry state as of a few days ago.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
it cracks me up that the reason open carry is illegal in california is b/c saint reagan (pbuh) didn't like the black panthers protesting all gunned up and scaring whitey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cadenza posted:

pocket knives are hella useful

• Locked thread