Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

toxicsunset posted:

It's almost like they spent their entire life inside a strange bubble of fame and untouchability that grew and grew the older and better at football they got, wherein education and accountability and common sense aren't bothered to be taught and they're told every step of the way that they're the greatest gift God's ever given the earth and have no real concept of reality

Yeah let's give up on them and assume they have no ability to grasp reality. I believe the term is jolly apes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

toxicsunset posted:

The opening scene for the last boy scout is the ideal start to a sporting event

I love James Harrison, I'm glad he is a Steeler. That said, I'm glad he doesn't do the above anymore, as it's reckless, dangerous and unnecessary. That hit (as well as the 2 on back to back plays on McCoy) made and still makes me feel uncomfortable in their viciousness. You can still play hard without attempted murder.

I hope Burfict figures it out, as he's supremely talented otherwise.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Alright guys which one of you is the one that said Willie Parker three times in a mirror

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I feel like plenty of people would risks their bodies in the same ways an NFL player does in exchange for whatever the minimum rookie salary is. Most of the really scary concussion stuff happens over time, which makes it easy to ignore.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

multiple post

D-LINK fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 13, 2016

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

D-LINK fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 13, 2016

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I thought the quad post was only the stuff of legends!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If you scroll up it's actually five times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTqcStMWlOc

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

I thought the quad post was only the stuff of legends!

He's watched so many James Harrison hits, that he developed CTE.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Wtf sorry fellas

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

v2vian man posted:

Yeah let's give up on them and assume they have no ability to grasp reality. I believe the term is jolly apes

Chad Johnson Didn't Know How Banks Worked

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

toxicsunset posted:

Chad Johnson Didn't Know How Banks Worked

tbf, I don't super know how banks work and I've never played a lick of football!

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

Chilichimp posted:

tbf, I don't super know how banks work and I've never played a lick of football!

He asked Marvin Lewis how the banks got his money to all the ATMs around the world

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

toxicsunset posted:

He asked Marvin Lewis how the banks got his money to all the ATMs around the world

That's...

That's rad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Will Allen managed to get charged with like 25 felonies a year after getting cut trying to run a ponzi scheme.

There's my attempted one upsmanship for not knowing how banks work since that's how this thread works right?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

:kraken:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Chad Johnson headbutted his wife.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

toxicsunset posted:

That's a legit question.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Freddie Milons

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

toxicsunset posted:

This is the loving best

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Chichevache posted:

This post makes no sense.

yes it do, burfict was trying to head to head brown but missed and hit him with his shoulder so shazier's it still dirtier since he actually nailed the dude with his head. not a very difficult concept to grasp.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Anaranjado posted:

Chad Johnson headbutted his wife.

Proof he should have been playing soccer all along.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

yes it do, burfict was trying to head to head brown but missed and hit him with his shoulder so shazier's it still dirtier since he actually nailed the dude with his head. not a very difficult concept to grasp.

Nah, at least Gio had the ball.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I feel like when you are looking at two inarguably dirty and indefensible plays and then going "yeah but this one is just a little more intolerable" you have lost the loving tether to a rational position

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

toxicsunset posted:

This is like the Aziz Ansari joke about 50 Cent ordering grapefruit juice at a restaurant and then being confused why it wasnt purple.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

v2vian man posted:

James Harrison is an immense piece of poo poo who set the game back in the fight against head injuries it should be having but I know he lands in a blind spot for otherwise good posters so all I can do is what I always do which is make the best posts in history and jack off my flaky dick

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

ya know kid, i don't look like much now, but i'm tellin ya...i used to be somebody

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

v2vian man posted:

ya know kid, i don't look like much now, but i'm tellin ya...i used to be somebody

I just endorsed you for Storytelling and Editing

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

D C posted:

This is like the Aziz Ansari joke about 50 Cent ordering grapefruit juice at a restaurant and then being confused why it wasnt purple.

How?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

v2vian man posted:

That's... uh... one hell of an escalation there.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chichevache posted:

That's... uh... one hell of an escalation there.

the part where i quoted him or the part where i quoted someone else who was saying basically the same kind of thing

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

No fine for Shazier.

So ya know....I think that means...it's....

*trails off and pretends to walk down stairs behind the couch*

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blarfk posted:

No fine for Shazier.

So ya know....I think that means...it's....

*trails off and pretends to walk down stairs behind the couch*

Bad move on the leagues part. After all the uproar, he should have at least been loving fined.

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/688004542508724224

So, Pacman..

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hes a method actor!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Seems reasonable. The curse of alopecia is bad enough

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Wow can't believe he faked an injury for a whole week he probably just wanted to get out of work what a bitch

-pacman jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That was nice of Burfict to give him the chance for some rest

• Locked thread