Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Are you loving blind

you might be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's funny that they lose because of a stupid decision to go for a guy's head on a play that had already been broken up. no penalty there and it's over. football.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's about as close to over as it gets barring 30 yards of penalty at the same time.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

v2vian man posted:

one of my favorite parts is that brown didn't even catch it. like that's an illegal hit if he does catch it, but he doesn't, and burfict can clearly see that, and he still takes the shot anyway

exactly. like i said he doesn't go head hunting there game is virtually over.

Goetta posted:

Yeah ok it was hard but not like over it wasn't 4th down or anything

there was a possibility of the steelers winning but it was very very very unlikely barring something insane happening, which did. the game was for all intents and purposes over once that pass was broken up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao they did get hosed there.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

on one hand yes they're professionals and they should keep their cool. on the other hand you get all worked up in anything competitive and especially when you're playing sports and it's insanely lovely for someone to antagonize you and expect you not to have some kind of reflexive reaction. they aren't emotionless robots.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

xbilkis posted:

This happens like every single play in the NFL so

yeah.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

rsjr posted:

can you explain why it was embarrassing thanks

a little thing you might have heard of called cte

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, maybe I am letting my general fan of football get in the way but there is nothing worse than seeing a big play get called back because some cornerback on the other end of the field grabbed the jersey for a second and making penalties reviewable would have that happen pretty much every big play and it would be awful and nothing cool would ever happen.

I would be down for a college style targetting penalty and system tho

change the rule so penalties that couldn't possibly impact the play aren't penalties apart from personal fouls.

i always hate when holds like thirty yards away or a block that wasn't near the runner or whatever pull back a big play. it's stupid.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

burfict's was dirtier in theory but since his shoulder is what makes contact with brown's head, shazier's is objectively dirtier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Chichevache posted:

This post makes no sense.

yes it do, burfict was trying to head to head brown but missed and hit him with his shoulder so shazier's it still dirtier since he actually nailed the dude with his head. not a very difficult concept to grasp.

• Locked thread