Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

straight up brolic posted:

unfortunately it was the most entertaining NFL game i've watched in years. headhunting and the conflict it inspires (on the field and off it) is unbelievably entertaining and the NFL is probably not overly concerned.

It was honestly embarrassing and this isn't the NFL that I want to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yes, it is a good idea for a ref to rank mean words and physical contact as equivalent penalties

I'm not touching you; can't get mad.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If he had gone onto the field solely and expressly for the purpose of instigating a conflict, sure. But that is not what happened. As football zebras and others had said, he was allowed to be on the field, and he was tending to a player who was injured. He let emotions get the better of him and mouthed off as far as we can tell, but that series of events is far different from him heading out to the biggest group of bengals he could find to try and get someone to shove him, which seems to be what you are implying.

I wonder if you can find where in this you describe something that could be an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I said earlier if Jones hadn't responded Porter could have easily found himself getting penalized but in a violent game when one person says mean words and the other one lays hands you do not call unsportsmanlike conduct on both, you call it on the person who escalated it to physical contact.

Two wrongs make the first one right? Why does the penalty go away because he got what he wanted?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I hate both of these teams

The only people I've seen disagreeing with this have been Steelers fans.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Destoration posted:

You can be a fan and still disagree with how the game was played :colbert: I was ok with the bengals winning until burfictgate hit.

That was actually more a Bengals joke than anything. The extra Steelers fan dig was just a bonus.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Quest For Glory II posted:

was it mentioned yet that joey porter got fined

at least that's some acknowledgement from the nfl that the officials hosed up

How much does that fine have to be to discourage more of the same behavior in the future?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Moxie posted:

Whoa is this a technically correct english sentence it's blowing my mind

It's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I feel like plenty of people would risks their bodies in the same ways an NFL player does in exchange for whatever the minimum rookie salary is. Most of the really scary concussion stuff happens over time, which makes it easy to ignore.

• Locked thread