Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, Gosling, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Domhnall Gleeson are the MVP's that stick out to me the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I want people to consider – or at least watch – Bone Tomahawk. It's a Western with some very funny moments and truly horrific scenes. It has an appropriately dusty atmosphere, the cinematography is dry and arid and makes for some striking shots. Kurt Russell, Patrick Wilson and Richard Jenkins are as great as expected and even Matthew Fox turns in an affecting performance. The dialogue is definitely stylized, butting the matter-of-fact and the whimsical up tight against each other. And, unlike Snak, I really liked that.

It's a movie that wasn't exactly what I expected but more enjoyable than I anticipated. I can definitely see why people find the long journey until the final act tedious, especially if they weren't a fan of the dialogue, but it gives The Big Moment that much more impact. It's not my favourite movie of the year but it's one of them and it's a hell of an impressive directorial debut.

For your consideration in the category of: Best Picture, Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Kurt Russell, Richard Jenkins), Best Food/Meal Scene, Best Cinematography, Best Original Screenplay

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You could always hype Oscar Isaac being in Mojave if you're the guy who saw that.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Slate Action posted:

The miniseries Show Me a Hero (for which he just won a Golden Globe) was 2015, has anyone seen that?

Yeah, I really liked it. Very David Simon.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Having to pick between Oscar Isaac and Walton Goggins is pretty brutal.

And I'm going to be pretty pissed if Mad Max wins Best Score.

• Locked thread